LEGENDARY (Eric Styles, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: LEGENDARY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON (Eric Styles, 2013) (post)

Postby guns on 25 Jul 2012, 15:42

i love Dolph
guns
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Jul 2012, 18:30

Great thanks! Is there an article with these photos?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby guns on 26 Jul 2012, 02:16

Jox wrote:Great thanks! Is there an article with these photos?

http://weibo.com/chuanqidianying
i love Dolph
guns
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Aug 2012, 17:40

http://www.jaynestars.com/news/crystal- ... he-dragon/
Crystal Huang Stars in British-Chinese Film, “Legendary: Tomb of the Dragon”

British-Chinese co-production, Legendary: Tomb of the Dragon <传 ・奇> completed filming in Beijing earlier and has entered post-production. Directed by Eric Styles, the 3D science-fiction action thriller stars Scott Adkins, Dolph Lundgren, Lydia Leonard, and Chinese actors Crystal Huang (黄奕) and Geng Le (耿乐).

Legendary: Tomb of the Dragon is an action packed adventure which sees cryptozoologist, “Travis Preston,” portrayed by Scott Adkins, investigating a series of mysterious killings in China, which were likely done by a vicious beast. During the investigation, Travis and his team put their lives in danger as they are thrust before a bloodthirsty creature that is on the hunt for humans.

Crystal Created Laughter on Film Set

Appearing in variety program, The Best Live Show <最佳现场>, Crystal excitedly shared her filming experiences. Although Crystal had no problems speaking English during filming, she still made a blunder with her script on occasion. Playing a scientist in the film, Crystal recalled that there was a scene in which she needed to lead a team to escape from a dangerous situation. When she shouted, “Run!”, she was puzzled as to why her costars did not show any response to her screams. It was then that she realized she was yelling, “Run” in Chinese! No wonder her western costars did not react at all, as they did not understand what she was talking about. Everyone on the film set burst into laughter.

Crystal also shared that she was transformed into “Pinocchio” under the latest 3D imaging technology. As Crystal has a sharp nose, her nose lengthened when the 3D effects were merged into the film. The director laughed uncontrollably at the results and had to digitally edit the appearance of her nose.

Crystal Played Host to Costars

While filming in Beijing, Crystal often treated the cast to different Chinese food. She also bought snacks for the crew during break time. Crystal revealed that she needed to provide 300 steam buns for the crew; the steam buns were so popular that they were consumed instantly. Besides introducing Chinese food, Crystal also brought her costars around Beijing for sightseeing. To Crystal’s surprise, her western costars were even more familiar getting around Beijing, making her feel embarrassed.

Since Legendary: Tomb of the Dragon features 3D effects, the actors had to use their imagination during filming to visualize the digitally created monster. Before filming, the cast discussed the appearance and size of the beastly creature. Crystal said that she enjoyed filming the science-fiction thriller and looked forward to filming the sequel.

Legendary: Tomb of the Dragon is produced by Midsummer Films and China Film Group. The film will be released in 2013.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 21 Aug 2012, 14:22

It's "funny" how on interview he never mentions it, even when he has an itw with Adkins. He mention BOTD, but not legendary.
He must have a bad feeling about it.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 21 Aug 2012, 14:35

I know the shoot wasn't much fun for him and I'm not sure he was very excited about the projet either (which looks very much family-oriented). He seems quite happy about BATTLE OF THE DAMNED on the other hand...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 21 Aug 2012, 16:11

Just shows you even someone like Dolph that has such a great life still has a job that he is not always happy doing.
Travis
Regular

Postby Nathan on 21 Aug 2012, 21:38

I was gonna say I hope he at least faces Adkins in this, as one of those sort of preliminary good guy vs good guy fights when they don't know who each other is. And then I realised we have US4! I didn't have high hopes for this one when I read the premise, why they chose to have two martial arts maniacs appear in a film about a dragon I genuinely have no idea, they could have picked anybody; I'm sure Cuba would have looked equally as uninterested slaying a dragon as he does in everything else these days. I am looking forward to Battle of the Damned more than this, you know when Dolph praises it, it must be half decent because despite starring in a fair amount of shit over the years, (much like everyone else of course!) he does have the taste and experience to realise when something is good or bad.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 23 Aug 2012, 06:27

Jox wrote:I know the shoot wasn't much fun for him and I'm not sure he was very excited about the projet either (which looks very much family-oriented). He seems quite happy about BATTLE OF THE DAMNED on the other hand...

Why wasn't it much fun? I got the impression that it was a pleasant shoot, and that he and Adkins were treated like royalty. Did it not turn out this way? What happened?
savagesketch

Postby Mosquito on 24 Aug 2012, 22:54

Travis wrote:Just shows you even someone like Dolph that has such a great life still has a job that he is not always happy doing.

Now that I know that he's constantly travelling around the world on promo or production tour or both I don't think it's that great. Well, might be for him. Wouldn't be something for me.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 04 Oct 2012, 15:53

Official stills from the GFM Films (international sales company)

http://www.gfmfilms.co.uk/films/post-pr ... he-dragon/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Oct 2012, 16:36

http://www.midsummerfilms.com/tomb.html
Tomb of the Dragon finished shoot in Beijing

POSTED ON 01/08/12

Principal photography finished in China after 60 days of 3D shooting just before Beijing suffered its worst torrential rains for 60 years. Editing has started with Xavier Russell (son of the late Director Ken Russell) in London and will be moving to Cardiff shortly, home to the Director Eric Styles. Producer Chris Milburn (pictured with Dolph Lundgren in Tiananmen Square) said it was a wonderful experience working with our Chinese colleagues. There were so many dedicated and skilled crew members. We look forward to returning to China with our next project soon.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 06 Oct 2012, 05:58

He is looking pretty old in the stills, which I guess is normal since he is getting up there in age.
However, he seems to look much better in the other photos taken while he wasn't shooting.
Travis
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies