BLOOD OF REDEMPTION (Giorgio Serafini/Shawn Sourgose, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: BLOOD OF REDEMPTION (Giorgio Serafini /Shawn Sourgose, 2

Postby shooby on 11 Sep 2015, 20:25

a rather positive opinion in french here
shooby

Re: BLOOD OF REDEMPTION (Giorgio Serafini/Shawn Sourgose, 20

Postby Scifibuff5 on 06 Jun 2017, 00:47

Thanks for the fight share. I recommend all fans of this film and Dolph check out the fun DVD special featurette as it's rather informative and even has interviews with the filmmakers and co-stars like Robert Davi, Vinnie Jones and the other actor who plays the fed.
"No, I haven't seen any of [the new 'Punisher' movies]," - Dolph in 2009 MTV News Interview
Scifibuff5

Postby bomaz on 08 May 2018, 18:46

Well, first time watching it (I finally got the dvd a few weeks ago) and it was not a great movie. Plot is overly complicated, too much characters (and a lack of balance between them). Editing is quite poor, and only a few scene are well shot. I don't really get how the movie is so popular :(
bomaz

Postby Jox on 08 May 2018, 20:47

bomaz wrote:I don't really get how the movie is so popular :(

What did you mean? Is it irony / sarcasm or did you make typos when you wrote? :wink:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 08 May 2018, 21:05

Haha. Nah, I mean people like it (even here), I read nice reviews here and there, and the movie was in the top 5 pirated in 2013. I don't get it.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 08 May 2018, 21:11

Really?! Piracy numbers can be weird and based on other random reasons sometimes, but I don't remember seeing much positive reviews from it, or just in a half-warm half-cold "I liked it" kind of way... To be honest, even with all its flaws I would still prefer watching BLOOD OF REDEMPTION again than AMBUSHED or A CERTAIN JUSTICE if I had to choose.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: BLOOD OF REDEMPTION (Georgio Serafini, 2013) (in post-pr

Postby savagesketch on 02 Oct 2018, 03:49

Jox wrote:BOR marks a reunion with Anthony De Longis, MOTU's Blade, who's a stuntman on the film.

This appears to be incorrect information. I actually spoke with De Longis in an interview for an upcoming episode of I MUST BREAK THIS PODCAST, and he didn't work on REDEMPTION. Believe it or not, De Longis and Dolph haven't seen eachother, let along worked together since MOTU, over 30 years ago!
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 02 Oct 2018, 11:57

I didn't even remember that! Which must have been during or before production, maybe someone had put on his name on IMDB or something...
Jox
Site Admin

BLOOD OF REDEMPTION (Giorgio Serafini/Shawn Sourgose, 2013)

Postby savagesketch on 19 Nov 2018, 07:56

I had the pleasure of speaking with actor/producer Gianni Capaldi on this special bonus episode of the show. A fairly brief conversation, but still some wonderful insight on the making of the three films Dolph and Capaldi worked on! Enjoy!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... i-capaldi/
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2019, 22:11

VMI Boss on Not Overstretching and Preselling Nicolas Cage
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ts-1252962
You launched less than a decade ago, but much has changed in the industry since then. How have you managed to weather the storm and grow the company?

One of the reasons I split from the partners at my previous company was that they didn’t want to take any risks or produce or put up guarantees. And I realized that in order to grow in this business, that discussion needed to be taken. So in 2010 I started this company with a mandate: We’re going to be a sales agent, but we’re also going to be a producer and put up money and do whatever we can to support films so we can grow. In 2011, we went to Cannes with our first presale; it was a Dolph Lundgren movie [Blood of Redemption], $1.5 million. We presold the entire budget at that one market. But you can’t do that anymore. As far as the presale market goes, you’ve got to have bigger films that can play on multiple platforms. And because of that, I’ve had to get into much bigger-budget films and take bigger risks.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 13 Feb 2022, 21:53

New episode is here! Moltisanti is back, this helping me power through the disastrous trifecta of films… BLOOD OF REDEMPTION, AMBUSHED, and PUNCTURE WOUNDS! Enjoy!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... re-wounds/

As always, please feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!
savagesketch

Previous

Return to Dolph's Movies