BLOOD OF REDEMPTION (Giorgio Serafini/Shawn Sourgose, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: BLOOD OF REDEMPTION (Georgio Serafini, 2013) (pre-prod)

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2013, 23:38

Jox wrote:February I think.

He said where dude...I'd also like to know this
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2013, 23:40

Oh gosh I'm tired! :lol:
In LA. I believe.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby MacGyver on 14 Jan 2013, 01:55

Jox wrote:Oh gosh I'm tired! :lol:
In LA. I believe.

WOW! 2 LA flicks in a row! Great news! :)
MacGyver

Postby Jox on 15 Jan 2013, 10:14

Jox wrote:Billy Zane rumored as 'Quinn' in BOR?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2510268/

Only thing missing is a role for Grace Jones :mrgreen:
Image Image
(Zane's birthday party, 2004)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 15 Jan 2013, 21:23

Maybe she could do the soundtrack??? :lol:
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 15 Jan 2013, 21:52

Billy Zane attatched immediately tips the film over into campy cheese.
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 16 Jan 2013, 00:34

Geoff wrote:Maybe she could do the soundtrack??? :lol:

You know after ROCKY IV Dolph wrote two projects (or was it the same one?) to star in with Grace Jones, one was called NIGHTCLUBBING and set around the Sydney nightlife (where they met obviously) and the other was motorcycle road movie called INTERSTATE 10. And I believe he had said she would have done the soundtrack... (and now I wonder if he didn't tell me last year that he would maybe put one of her songs in WANTED MAN?)

leigh1975 wrote:Billy Zane attatched immediately tips the film over into campy cheese.

Is he that bad? Dolph have seen worse as co-stars. I've only seen Zane in his best stuff probably: DEAD CALM, TITANIC (even BACK TO THE FUTURE) but not SNIPER or THE PHANTOM (they've been on my "to watch" list for ages)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 16 Jan 2013, 01:43

Jox wrote:
leigh1975 wrote:Billy Zane attatched immediately tips the film over into campy cheese.

Is he that bad? Dolph have seen worse as co-stars. I've only seen Zane in his best stuff probably: DEAD CALM, TITANIC (even BACK TO THE FUTURE) but not SNIPER or THE PHANTOM (they've been on my "to watch" list for ages)...

He's not an awful actor, but he often 'winks' to the audience, if you know what I mean, but usually regardless of the tone of the film he's in at the time. He's star of a great action/horror film called Demon Knight, and that is the perfect example of a Billy Zane performance.

Sniper is either a really interesting action drama, or an awful B movie depending on what country you see it in. The Phantom could have been good, but it fails in a similar kind of way as The Shadow, but instead of the Dick Tracy-meets-Batman vibe, The Phantom is more Batman-meets-Indiana Jones. I guess it's worth a glance.
leigh1975

Postby bomaz on 16 Jan 2013, 10:55

I think Zane needs a good director. He's evilly good in Dead Calm, Ithought he was quite good in Demon Knight (he did a good for the character involved) and I won't talk about the Phantom, i wouldn't be "fair" (as I love this movie so much). If the director is good actor director, then Zane can be good.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 17 Jan 2013, 21:22

International sales rep VMI Worldwide updated the synopsis:
Quinn Forte had it all: power, money, a brother who idolized him, and a woman who loved him. He also had enemies. In the course of one night, he loses everything. Betrayed by someone in his inner circle, Quinn is set up and arrested. His father, the patriarch of the criminal empire is killed and his brother suspects that Quinn is behind it all.

When he's released from jail he tries to escape the demons from his past, but that becomes an impossible task. Campbell, the ruthless new leader of "The Company" won't let him leave in peace. So instead of escaping them, Quinn fights back. He joins forces with his former henchman and friend, The Swede, and takes on his enemies head on.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 18 Jan 2013, 00:27

Sort of has tiny shades of Double or Nothing. Dolph's role as the sidekick might be quite interesting, if he plays a dark character and not just another name along for the ride if you get what I mean. Almost like an anti-hero, the best of a bad bunch.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 Feb 2013, 17:30

Starts filming in 4 days, BIlly Zane is confirmed as well as good old Robert Davi (and STORM CATCHER baddie general Robert Miano)!
Giorgio Serafini ‏@SerafiniG
BLOOD OF REDEMPTION starts shooting in 6 days! #DolphLundgren #VinnieJones #BillyZane #RobertMiano #RobertDavi #GianniCapaldi
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 04 Feb 2013, 19:38

Yay, Robert Davi!
Bet he plays the old patriarch, crime lord. Then again he is only 6 years olderthan Dolph, Maybe he is the main villain guy? That would be cool. Davi is a pure old school tough guy.
Hope for a scene between him and Dolph but I doubt it. Veteran actors like Davi always bring some sort of weight or class to the table.

And Billy Zane is the actual lead and he and Dolph go up against Vinne Jones... right? Unless Davi is the villain but where does that leave Jones?
preacher
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies