THE EXPENDABLES 3 (Patrick Hughes, 2014)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 3 (Patrick Hughes, 2014)

Postby Jox on 04 May 2016, 23:52

SPOOF article from the Onion :mrgreen:
http://www.theonion.com/article/expenda ... oids-33450
‘Expendables 3’ Cast Requests To Be Paid In Steroids, Meat
August 12, 2013

HOLLYWOOD—As pre-production continues on the third installment of the action franchise, sources confirmed Monday that the cast of Expendables 3 has asked to be paid solely in steroids and slabs of raw meat. “Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the rest of the actors have all requested a minimum of 120 testosterone injections and eight full racks of bloody bison ribs per day of filming,” said executive producer Robert Earl, adding that, should their demands be met, the cast will make 3,150,000 pounds of anabolic steroids, HGH, and ground chuck for appearing in the movie. “And if the film does well, they could earn a good amount of raw lamb, T-bone steaks, and full, uncooked pigs on the back end.” After an earlier contract dispute, Dolph Lundgren has signed on to reprise his role as Gunnar Jensen, with his representatives saying that the studio has agreed to compensate the actor by giving him 15 living cows that Lundgren plans to eat from the inside out.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Jan 2017, 22:32

Didn't know there was a set of Swiss lobby cards

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Jun 2017, 21:06

How Mel Gibson got buff at 57
No steroids, he insists. But the actor-director tells USA TODAY he is busting it at the gym like he never has in his life.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/mov ... s/2897305/
"That's just hard work, dude," Gibson said, before laughing off the steroid claim. "Have you seen the side-effects of some of that crap? Forget it, that's too scary."

"Some people say, 'It's inconceivable, how can he do that?' Well I have always had that body type to do that," Gibson added.

Gibson said he had been working out extensively for three months prior to being captured by the photographer. He works with a personal trainer three times a week for three-hour sessions working every muscle group. This along with careful diet and natural supplements has given him the look, he said.

He has also cut out foods like pasta, sugar and potatoes and replaced them with items like green vegetables and fish. "It's kind of boring," he said.

The gym work is the most extensive he has ever done.

"I have never worked out three times a week in my entire life," he said. "It's kind of getting rid of the middle-aged tire and sort of promoting circulation, aerobic exercise and blood flow circulation, stuff like that. I have been working really hard at it."

Gibson said the workouts, featuring light weights and cardio, are not overly painful ("I'm used to it now. It's not sore at all"). And they have helped him feel better.

"It's actually helped. My lower back feels better. All of that stuff," said Gibson who insisted he hasn't bulked up or lost weight.

"My weight has stayed exactly the same, except my pants fit," he said.

All of this will come in handy playing villain Conrad Stonebanks in The Expendables 3, now shooting in Bulgaria. Gibson said he won't he be ripping his shirt off in the movie and that he's not in co-star Sylvester Stallone's body universe.

"He's got it down to a real science. I don't think I am in that league," said Gibson. "I just want Sly to look good. And he's not going to look good if he's beating up a fat old man."
Jox
Site Admin

Postby PaigeFranklin on 18 Nov 2019, 20:57

dude hallenbeck wrote:
Agreed with almost everything this video says. Instead of building up what an impossible threat the team are facing because this guy used to be one of them and the personal connection they just threw every name in the cast at the wall. Follow that with the generic, uninspired action scenes and you have a film that had nothing to offer action fans.

I personally think Harrison Ford was a lot of fun in this movie.

How much did it cost to make The Expendables 3? And Is there going to be a expendables 4 movie? Any Idea guys. i love this movie really .
PaigeFranklin

Postby Jox on 21 Apr 2020, 13:43

Limited Mediabooks + bust on the way from Nameless Media
https://www.nameless-media.de/navi.php? ... es&search=

Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 10 Feb 2021, 04:59

Round table podcast discussion looking at 2014’s THE EXPENDABLES! I wasn’t able to join unfortunately, but I did record an audio essay that summarizes my thoughts on the film, which they graciously included. Stay tuned to the end of the episode if you’re interested!!!

https://goingthedistance.libsyn.com/syl ... endables-3
savagesketch

Postby savagesketch on 18 Oct 2021, 07:10

New episode for a new month! Shuffleonline’s Catherine Gonzalez joins me once again, this time to look at the tonally all over the place, THE EXPENDABLES 3! Enjoy!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... ndables-3/

As always, feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 03 Nov 2021, 14:04

Personal photo from the set (or rather half of it because I cropped the left)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Jan 2022, 11:36

New Walmart-exclusive slipcover

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Jul 2023, 09:47

4K steelbook out in September (Best Buy Exclusive)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-expend ... Id=6550247

Jox
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dolph's Movies