THE EXPENDABLES 3 (Patrick Hughes, 2014)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 3 (????)

Postby Jox on 31 Oct 2012, 22:08

Distribution pre-sales start this week at the American Film Market this week:

Jox
Site Admin

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 3 (2013-2014)

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 01 Nov 2012, 14:03

Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 02 Nov 2012, 15:25

I would hope John Woo. But he do not like Hollywood. He would film our stars epic and cool. And that everyone must have a fight, especially Dolph. 8)
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby whiteandblank on 06 Nov 2012, 18:10

Who would you have in the Expendables 3?

For me it eould be:

Seagal
Don Johnson
Travolta
Sammo Hung
Van Damme again, if they could
Tony Leung
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2012, 11:21

I knew it:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/nicolas ... -stallone/
Nicolas Cage ‘Expendables 3′ Reports False, Says Sylvester Stallone
Sylvester Stallone says he “has no knowledge of Nic Cage joining Expendables 3,” the actor told Deadline today, and that reports of negotiations for the Oscar winner to join the latest film in the action franchise are false. Several news outlets reported yesterday that Stallone had confirmed Cage for the next Expendables movie, citing either a Stallone fan Facebook page purporting to be the actor’s own or comments by Stallone that appeared in Spanish daily El Pais earlier this year. In the El Pais article, Cage’s name — as well as that of Mickey Rourke, who was in the first Expendables, Harrison Ford and Wesley Snipes — were noted as additions to a third Expendables. Those statements were made during European junkets this summer for Expendables 2, when Stallone was asked at a press conference who he would like to see in a possible second sequel. Although the Cage rumors are untrue, what is a fact is that Expendables 3 is in the offering. NuImage/Millennium Films has been selling international distribution rights at AFM this past week.

Seagal talks EXPENDABLES
http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/steven-seagal-the-expendables-maximum-conviction-interview/
Speaking of sequels and all that stuff, is being in the next "Expendables" ever going to be a reality? Have you had conversations about that? Is it something that is interesting to you personally?
There are lots of folks, including the people who own it, that have asked me to do it. I just, at this point, am not real interested in that, to be honest with you.

Yeah, they came out with the new one and, from where I sit, everybody's question was, "Where is Steven Seagal?" So the fans are very interested, as I am sure you know.
I didn't really see the story, but if they had a story that was a great story I would probably be interested.

If you were to assemble your own kind of "Expendables" – people you respect the most, whether they're actors or a fighter or what not – who would be in that?
A lot of the great action guys are in there: Jason Stratham, Jet Li, and guys like that … Of course, some of the people in there I wouldn't really want to work with but some of them I would, and that’s what makes horse races. Everybody has a different taste.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 3 (2013-2014) (announced)

Postby Jox on 17 Dec 2012, 13:11

Jackie Chan talk?
http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/ ... 00081.html
Jackie Chan has confirmed his involvement with Sylvester Stallone's "Expendables 3" as the script is currently in works to include the international action star recently at a press conference for "CZ12" in Kuala Lumpur.

"Sly had invited me to be in "Expendables 2" but I was too busy filming "CZ12" and couldn't make a commitment to the film. But he did extend his invitation to the third movie, which I agreed on the condition that I will be appearing as more than just a minor role with a few scenes," said Chan.

Chan added that he had revealed to Stallone that he hoped the third installment of the franchise would run along the lines of a 'buddy-buddy' movie should Chan be starring in it, which the "Rambo" star obliged. Currently, the script is in the midst of being worked on to meet the criteria.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 17 Dec 2012, 21:56

Jox wrote:I knew it:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/nicolas ... -stallone/
Nicolas Cage ‘Expendables 3′ Reports False, Says Sylvester Stallone
Sylvester Stallone says he “has no knowledge of Nic Cage joining Expendables 3,” the actor told Deadline today, and that reports of negotiations for the Oscar winner to join the latest film in the action franchise are false. Several news outlets reported yesterday that Stallone had confirmed Cage for the next Expendables movie, citing either a Stallone fan Facebook page purporting to be the actor’s own or comments by Stallone that appeared in Spanish daily El Pais earlier this year. In the El Pais article, Cage’s name — as well as that of Mickey Rourke, who was in the first Expendables, Harrison Ford and Wesley Snipes — were noted as additions to a third Expendables. Those statements were made during European junkets this summer for Expendables 2, when Stallone was asked at a press conference who he would like to see in a possible second sequel. Although the Cage rumors are untrue, what is a fact is that Expendables 3 is in the offering. NuImage/Millennium Films has been selling international distribution rights at AFM this past week.

Seagal talks EXPENDABLES
http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/steven-seagal-the-expendables-maximum-conviction-interview/
Speaking of sequels and all that stuff, is being in the next "Expendables" ever going to be a reality? Have you had conversations about that? Is it something that is interesting to you personally?
There are lots of folks, including the people who own it, that have asked me to do it. I just, at this point, am not real interested in that, to be honest with you.

Yeah, they came out with the new one and, from where I sit, everybody's question was, "Where is Steven Seagal?" So the fans are very interested, as I am sure you know.
I didn't really see the story, but if they had a story that was a great story I would probably be interested.

If you were to assemble your own kind of "Expendables" – people you respect the most, whether they're actors or a fighter or what not – who would be in that?
A lot of the great action guys are in there: Jason Stratham, Jet Li, and guys like that … Of course, some of the people in there I wouldn't really want to work with but some of them I would, and that’s what makes horse races. Everybody has a different taste.

I can see why Nic Cage WAS rumoured Jox... purely seen in a business sense, he currently has a very good relationship with Millennium and Avi Lerner, and has worked pretty much solely with them since Wicker Man.

Seagal, however... I'm pretty sure, seeing as how notoriously tough Seagal is to work with if he has a problem with somebody... he will NEVER sign on to Expendables 3. Not only is there still bad feeling between him and the (possibly) returning Van Damme, but I think the lawsuit against the Lerners pretty much seals the fate on that one.
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 18 Dec 2012, 03:47

One of the Lerner brothers told me some awful Seagal stories and that they would never work with him ever again (that was even before EX1 was announced), but I mean they've worked with almost everybody in Hollywood now and SS is not the only difficult star to deal with so I imagine they could make an exception for EX3 because there's too much at stake. But overall I think Seagal would not do it anyway because for one who calls everyone a "chicken shit" he's actually the "chicken shit" and of course he must think he's "too good" for this...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby guns on 19 Dec 2012, 03:36

i love Dolph
guns
Regular

Postby Nathan on 20 Dec 2012, 21:15

Jox wrote:One of the Lerner brothers told me some awful Seagal stories and that they would never work with him ever again (that was even before EX1 was announced), but I mean they've worked with almost everybody in Hollywood now and SS is not the only difficult star to deal with so I imagine they could make an exception for EX3 because there's too much at stake. But overall I think Seagal would not do it anyway because for one who calls everyone a "chicken shit" he's actually the "chicken shit" and of course he must think he's "too good" for this...

I agree, it's touch and go whether he will be in it, but overall the guy is just a bit of a fanny. I mean, turning down the original (that is, if he actually did and Lerner didn't say "fuck that,") to do crappy TV like True Justice. Jeez I hate TV at the best of times for being so cheap but TJ takes the cake on mediocre...and it's usually Seagal that takes the cake.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 20 Dec 2012, 22:05

Nathan wrote:
Jox wrote:One of the Lerner brothers told me some awful Seagal stories and that they would never work with him ever again (that was even before EX1 was announced), but I mean they've worked with almost everybody in Hollywood now and SS is not the only difficult star to deal with so I imagine they could make an exception for EX3 because there's too much at stake. But overall I think Seagal would not do it anyway because for one who calls everyone a "chicken shit" he's actually the "chicken shit" and of course he must think he's "too good" for this...

I agree, it's touch and go whether he will be in it, but overall the guy is just a bit of a fanny. I mean, turning down the original (that is, if he actually did and Lerner didn't say "fuck that,") to do crappy TV like True Justice. Jeez I hate TV at the best of times for being so cheap but TJ takes the cake on mediocre...and it's usually Seagal that takes the cake.

Seagal would never be humble enough to admit he was passed over, usually if it seems like he's overly dismissive it means he's dazzling us with bullshit. I think he would be a nightmare anyway... look at his last theatrical film, Machete. It's clear he pulled that 'I don't get beaten by anybody, ever' shit he does in every film, and killed HIMSELF. What a tool.
leigh1975

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 07 Jan 2013, 17:38

NEWS:

Connery say No:

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/ ... 125330.htm

Woo was interested:

http://latino-review.com/2013/01/02/joh ... endables-3

I'm very skeptical. Although Woo would be my preferred candidate.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 07 Jan 2013, 18:05

There are no direct source of these interviews though Connery likely would turn it down as he is officially retired ; as for Woo well, if accurate then he often is too nice in interviews as he just wants to please the medias, and again he wants to shoot films his own way with no studio interference (hence his return to HK) so there are very few chances the terms and conditions of EX3 would actually fit him...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 07 Jan 2013, 18:12

Absolutely. I agree. But I would have liked to see him as a director for E3.
Nikolai Cherenco

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies