THE EXPENDABLES 3 (Patrick Hughes, 2014)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 3 (2013-2014) (announced)

Postby Geoff on 07 Jan 2013, 21:46

I would have liked to see John Woo do this. Shame.
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 07 Jan 2013, 22:37

Unfortunately, it is rather unrealistic. :( :cry:
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 24 Jan 2013, 11:31

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive- ... n-in-talks
First, though, Dolph Lundgren himself has to shoot an entire season of an upcoming TV series before he can get back to the The Expendables 3 set.

Here is his response when we tell him we've heard rumors that The Expendables 3 is expected to shoot soon.

"No, I don't think it will be until this fall. That is what I have heard. I am doing this other thing. I have this TV series, it's called Rescue 3. Its an action series. We are rescuing people...Or killing them, which is the case here today...I play the leader of this unit in California that saves people. We use choppers, and life guards. The coast guard...I have to do that first. That takes six or seven months out of this year. I will be done in September. From what I understand, they won't even have The Expendables 3 ready until the fall. To go. It may work out that I can do both this year."

Is the script ready?

"It isn't. I haven't seen it. I know they are working on it, but I haven't seen anything. I'll find out what it is in a couple of months."

Dolph Lundgren also talked about collaborating on the screenplay with Sylvester Stallone, noting that the story is usually the least of his concerns.

"I let him go at it first. He kind of knows me creatively, and personally, because we've worked together quite a bit. So I will usually read the script, and then I will add a few comments about this or that. He knows all of the actors that are in the piece, and there are so many characters involved. They all want to be involved, and everyone wants to have a little something special to do. So, he tries to satisfy that. He's done a great job so far. And I trust him. I usually add a few comments, and he is open to that. Yeah, if everything works out...All these other variables...Then I am not that worried about the script, really."

Lastly, he commented about the recent casting rumors that we've heard.

"I don't know anything for sure. I know...I have heard that they do want Wesley Snipes. They want Jackie Chan. Nicolas Cage, I have heard too. But we don't know want is going on just yet. All of those are pretty great names. They are good actors, and I think the fans would love to see them in there, with the rest of us, for sure. Yeah."
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Feb 2013, 19:06

Tom Sizemore once again tries to get some attention by claiming he's up for the lead villain role in EX3... give me a break, unless Sly decided to remake the first movie and replace Eric Roberts by Sizemore, I don't buy it, the guy already made such statements for the second film...
"I might be going back there for The Expendables 3. I'm up for the lead villain. They shot either the first or the second one there, and they're going back there for the third one. I'm up for it, I'm being considered to be in The Expendables 3. How about Sly, coming back like that? Isn't that great? He gave me my first real break in Lock Up. I love the guy. He's never, ever turned his back on me. I don't know if people know that Sylvester Stallone is one of the most decent gentlemen that I've ever met. He's the most consistent friend I've ever had."

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive- ... endables-3
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Feb 2013, 19:50

Early small talks continue with now Vinnie Jones claiming that he could "hopefully" be in EX3 even though his character has not been written...
"I've spoken to Sly... and hopefully I will be in Expendables 3," the English star confirmed.

"It's in the very early stages, but hopefully they'll write my character and me and Jason Statham will kick some arse!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... -arse.html

Jones filmed THE TOMB with Sly and Arnold last year.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Mar 2013, 11:52

Some new Stallone tweets:
Sylvester Stallone ‏@TheSlyStallone
Writing EX3 at the moment... there are going to be mountains of surprises..Took the girls riding .. They are loving horses like their folks
EX3 needs NEW blood and more humor.... The films were always meant to be more on the humorous side with moments of drama
No S. Seagal, sorry ,but maybe we get lucky with J. Chan! And some young bloods!!!
By young I mean 22 to 27. Not big bruisers but tech wizard, super brains and a young woman who is not a sex symbol but funny ,tough,REAL
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 13 Mar 2013, 14:10

I'm not so sure that I'm in to the whole "more humor"-idea. At least not if it is of the same sort that it has been in the first to Ex movies. That comedy is so outdated and boring.

Either get actual, current comedy writers to punch up the script or take ALL the humor out, IMO.

Please, Sly... Pretty please, with sugar on top; don't make Dolph do another joke monologue (like the one- thankfully- cut out of Ex1)

I don't mind that they can't get Seagal, even if he is an action legend, because he is SUCH a dick that I'd prefer it if he didn't get the career boost of being in an Expendables movie.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Mar 2013, 15:11

None of this sounds very good, but again this is pure "Sly teasing" and speculation (he can be worse than fans regarding rumors sometimes), and we know from previous projects that he could totally scratch his first script and ideas a number of times before the movie gets in production and before filming is completed... But he better get his act together or EX3 is gonna bomb, as the interest seems to fade and even if the casting buzz is getting old now so it won't help much this time.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 14 Mar 2013, 17:58

I know it's sly's baby and all but he should have let someone else write the script for the 3rd film... EX1/2 both had cringe inducing dialogue that for some reason Sly thinks is funny.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 14 Mar 2013, 18:05

A really good writer then...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 14 Mar 2013, 19:28

Shane Black to write and direct would be a dream come true. The chances? 0%

This one can't get away with a shit script. Audiences won't accept it for a third time. This has to be well written and they need to give more time to the side characters. Statham almost became reduntant in the 2nd film. Crews and Couture get nothing to do.
If they get Chan, they seriously can't waste him.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 Mar 2013, 02:21

Tom, you don't have to be shy about your writing here! ;)
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/03/s ... where.html
As much as I usually don't like random fan speculation articles about EXP movies, yours is much more than that, sensical, well written, and thought out...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 15 Mar 2013, 09:44

Jox wrote:Tom, you don't have to be shy about your writing here! ;)
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/03/s ... where.html
As much as I usually don't like random fan speculation articles about EXP movies, yours is much more than that, sensical, well written, and thought out...

Ha ha! You know I like to let you hunt for my stuff. :)
And you always find it too!
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 Mar 2013, 10:55

Haha it's too easy to spot, a Flickering Myth piece on EXP! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Apr 2013, 10:58

Take it with a pich of salt:
Expendables 3 at Nu Boyana Film Studios is confirmed!
Posted on April 9, 2013

After the planetary success of “The Expendables 2″, Millennium has decided to continue the adventure and to make the next sequel – “The Expendables 3″. The shooting is planned to start in August. In Sofia naturally…

http://nuboyana.com/2013/04/8725/
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies