"SAF3" (various directors, 2013-2014, TV series)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: "Rescue 3" (2013) - New TV Series

Postby shooby on 01 Nov 2012, 17:58

Ok, thanks.
shooby

Postby Jox on 01 Nov 2012, 20:17

The first season is planned to be filmed in North Carolina for 5 months next year.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 02 Nov 2012, 13:19

Nikolai Cherenco wrote:Dolph makes after The Expendables, what he has done before. After The Expendables I would have liked movie roles on the big screen. He is good in business, but wants to see him in other movies and not in a low-budget series. :?

He would have loved to be more on the big screen but it's not happening, as he just told me yesterday, the business isn't what it used be and there is nothing in between a $200 million blockbuster and a really low budget independent film anymore, that market is disappearing. It's also getting boring for him now to do the same kind of action movies, mostly shot abroad in kind of third world countries. He used to say he'd never do TV now this is more appealing to him, will give him good exposure, and almost like a "regular" job in the US.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 02 Nov 2012, 14:28

Thanks for the answer Jox. I understand the problem. And I bet that many Dolph envy what he has. He is 25 years in the business, that they would like a lot of stars. But it was wishful thinking that he occasionally gets a good part in a big budget film.
Last edited by Nikolai Cherenco on 02 Nov 2012, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 02 Nov 2012, 15:01

THE EXPENDABLES 1 & 2 is already something, we couldn't even dream of him being in something like that until a few years ago.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 02 Nov 2012, 15:10

Jox wrote:THE EXPENDABLES 1 & 2 is already something, we couldn't even dream of him being in something like that until a few years ago.

Honestly? I have the last 20 years, always believed that he once again comes to the cinema together with Sly. Doph may not have made ​​the great film career, but he's still successfully in the business and has made ​​a name. How many have failed with similar claim? Countless! He can be proud.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Tom on 04 Nov 2012, 09:37

It's what I figured really. The offers aren't flying in, and are tending to be too much like old ground for Dolph. Expendables is one of those films with stunt casting. It's not regular. Only certain films and certain directors do it. You're limited if you're expecting offers from films like that, and in D's case it'll only be offers from films like Expendables. Tarantino likes off the cuff or cult casting for his films. Generally though big 200 mill films these days look to young up and comers. The indie films want "acclaimed" actors or rising unknowns. Like D says, there's little middle ground. When Seagal had his mini comeback with Exit Wounds in 2001, those sort of 25-40 mill budget films were a dime a dozen and it suited them to have a well known action name without risking too many bucks.
The mid level action films are more rare now and perhaps even Statham has cornered that market a little. Even for him his films successes are mostly reliant on DVD. They don't make much in their theatrical runs.

TV is something new. If the 2.5 mill an episode is anything to go by, then that's good news. They're doing it properly and it'll have the production values to hopefully compete visually with stuff like Hawaii-5-0 etc.

I'd rather he move to TV than revert back to doing a lot of stuff like Dungeon Siege 2, Direct Contact etc. Even Dolph directing seems to have become a frustrating battle for him now.

TV plus Exp 3, and hopefully another film with Hyams too, and that'll satisfy me.
Tom
Regular

Postby dolphage on 04 Nov 2012, 15:24

Tom wrote:
I'd rather he move to TV than revert back to doing a lot of stuff like Dungeon Siege 2, Direct Contact etc.

Noone is arguing there, but there's a difference between TV and TV. HBO and Showtime are the places to be doing incredible television these days. Just doing another watered down network television show is in all likelyhood a step in the wrong direction.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 Nov 2012, 15:36

I guess an HBO show is like wishing a big budget or Oscar winning Hollywood feature, doubt the people behind it would consider Dolph Lundgren to star in one of their shows, EXPENDABLES or not, even in the indutry he's still typecast and seen by most as the 80s-90s sub-Schwarzenegger has been... So he'll be proposed the TV equivalent. And even though Emmett & Furla have moved on to bigger things they've started as Nu Image/Millennium partners for years, they come from the same mold.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby viendammage on 05 Nov 2012, 20:38

Tom wrote:
TV is something new. If the 2.5 mill an episode is anything to go by, then that's good news. They're doing it properly and it'll have the production values to hopefully compete visually with stuff like Hawaii-5-0 etc.

I'd rather he move to TV than revert back to doing a lot of stuff like Dungeon Siege 2, Direct Contact etc. Even Dolph directing seems to have become a frustrating battle for him now.

TV plus Exp 3, and hopefully another film with Hyams too, and that'll satisfy me.

$2.5 million budget per episode? No way they're spending that on a syndicated show with a huge front order like that.

I would have loved to have seen Blackjack be picked up in the mid 90's, that was such a great Dolph TV concept.

Also the guys behind Rescue 3 are in business with guys like 50 Cent, Al Pacino, Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington. Maybe we'll see Dolph pop up along side them in some small feature sometime.
I kick ass, or kiss ass... and I'm busting heads! http://viendammage.blogspot.com/
viendammage

Postby shooby on 05 Nov 2012, 22:33

viendammage wrote:
Tom wrote:

$2.5 million budget per episode? No way they're spending that on a syndicated show with a huge front order like that.

I would have loved to have seen Blackjack be picked up in the mid 90's, that was such a great Dolph TV concept.

Also the guys behind Rescue 3 are in business with guys like 50 Cent, Al Pacino, Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington. Maybe we'll see Dolph pop up along side them in some small feature sometime.

Good news so ! And yes, it's clear that it would have been cool if Blackjack have becamed in TV series. I loved this Tv movie
shooby

Re: "Rescue 3" (TV Series, 2013) (announced)

Postby Jox on 08 Dec 2012, 14:40

http://moviehole.net/201260289exclusive ... s-in-april
Exclusive : Lundgren on Rescue 3 series; filming begins in April

Dolph Lundgren will begin filming the recently-announced TV series “Rescue 3″ in April, the “Universal Soldier : Day of Reckoning” star tells Moviehole.
The actor’s television debut, as the star of a new action-adventure series produced by Emmett/Furla and to be seen on Tribune stations, can be seen in the Fall.
Lundgren tells us : “We start shooting it in April next year….I have a couple of small things to do beforehand, one is a movie ["Rush"] in which I play the small role of a DEA agent, and that co-stars Randy Couture.”
The amiable swede says he’s excited at the prospect of playing Capt. John Mathews, a reluctant hero and career firefighter and lifeguard, for a guaranteed 104 week-run.
“…it’s about this unified command structure… coast-guards, life-guards and fire-fighters, who save people off the coast of Southern California. I play the leader of that unit – there’s like three chicks and three guys – who, if there’s a fire or an accident of some sort, comes to the rescue. We start shooting it in April next year. There’s no body else in the cast yet. We’re going to have a guest star each week.”
Meantime, Lundgren says he hasn’t heard anything definite on “Expendables 3″, but looks forward to seeing if Stallone can snag his wish-list of new additions.
“I know they’ve been trying to get Wesley Snipes”, the actor, who plays Gunner in the franchise, says. “There’s also been rumours of Nick Cage and Harrison Ford. I don’t call the shots though.”
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 09 Dec 2012, 21:20

Wow...I am seeing this for the first time and it is kind of depressing. It would be a good thing if it is well done, but I doubt it will be.

It seems Dolph needs money and is desperate for work.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Dec 2012, 22:23

He used to think he wouldn't do any TV but now from what he saying the low budget action film industry as we knew it is kinda disappearing and he was getting a bit tired of it so he wanted to change for a while which allows him to move from LA for 5 months, still be near New York, have an everyday job that doesn't make him stuck in Bulgaria.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 09 Dec 2012, 22:54

Jox wrote:He used to think he wouldn't do any TV but now from what he saying the low budget action film industry as we knew it is kinda disappearing and he was getting a bit tired of it so he wanted to change for a while which allows him to move from LA for 5 months, still be near New York, have an everyday job that doesn't make him stuck in Bulgaria.

Plus, TV isn't the stigma it was; on one side, if you pick the right series like Bruce Campbell did (after years of DTV post-Evil Dead) with Burn Notice, it can really boost a career; plus we now live in times where something like Wlaking Dead gets more respect and acclaim than cinema projects. So I think it's a good move. Business-wise Dolph could stand more chance to get back to theatrical leading man status with the exposure of one great series and the Expendables co-star position than he would with ten great DTVs. Steve Carell makes hundred million dollar movies and still makes The Office every week; I'm not sure the public cares.
leigh1975

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies