"SAF3" (various directors, 2013-2014, TV series)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: "SAF3" (Gregory J. Bonann, 2013, TV series)

Postby ff007 on 30 Jan 2014, 16:28

This show is obviously on a tight budget (hec, they probably spent most if not all of it on Dolph!) but these last two original episodes are a hell of a lot better than the first bunch!! There's a trailer for the next episode up online now, and it also doesn't look so bad. They clearly needed some more prep time, to figure it out and improve the show, and I guess all the reruns gave them time to do that. I do miss Dolph though, so what they expanding and making it more ensemble because Dolph was shooting EXP3?
ff007

Postby Jox on 30 Jan 2014, 17:09

No, they clearly never really cared about Dolph (who only missed 4 episodes thanks to EX3 - but they didn't get along and they did as they pleased), and they always had the intention to make every little insignificant character an important one (and each actor a star of the show), as if they were like "screw screenwriting basics, we'll give the importance to each one of them no matter how little we know or care about them (or how shallow and annoying)".

Personally I don't see a difference with the first episode it's just as bad if not worse. It's 40 minutes of pain and I'm watching only by stubborned professional or scholarly conscience.

They have no budget (maybe less for the season than SKIN TRADE altogether), and no doubt because it's so badly written and put together that investors obviously backed out (and I still can't believe how they sold an entire season of this before anything was shot).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby ff007 on 30 Jan 2014, 18:13

Haha! O it's obvious at some point Dolph and the Producer's didn't get along :lol:
You, or Dolph (You know him and are tight with him right? It's sounds like he's feeding you the inside dirt and info :D ) are doing everything you can to rip this show apart :lol:
Skin Trade is sounding awesome! Just only really looked it up. Can't wait! And Dolph wrote it, amped to see this!
ff007

Re: "SAF3" (Greg Bonann / Tai Collins, 2013, TV series)

Postby Travis on 13 Feb 2014, 14:52

I kind of quit watching after Dolph went to rehab so I may have missed an episode or two. I just caught part of a new episode last night and Dolph returned with floppy hair.

This show is pretty hard to watch. It is just so boring.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 23 Apr 2014, 18:20

Me getting up close and personal with Dolph Lundgren whilst working as a stunt performer on the upcoming American TV series SAF3.
In what will be the opening scene of the series I helped get Dolph into place on the side of a car rigged to fall off the edge of a cliff, then performed as the rescued driver as a ‘chopper’ swung us out over the ocean to safety. Most entertaining! Stunts were overseen by Leander Lacy at Stunt Network (a wild jump of his off Chapmans Peak here!). I make a quick appearance in the trailer.
- Garreth Bird

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 23 Apr 2014, 22:23

So what's happening with this? Has it now died a death? I take it that its premiere on any U.S. network was under the radar so to speak and that not many people seen it? Which I'm sure Dolph would be glad of. I think this one was a total waste of time for him, I'd take something average and cliched like Direct Contact over this. I never thought I would say this either but even as a Dolph fan, I genuinely never want to see this.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 23 Apr 2014, 23:26

Indeed you don't. It's actually so bad you can't even find the second half of the season online! :lol:
Regarding your questions, the final four episodes (not broadcasted in order) will be airing in the coming weeks, but Dolph has been long gone (despite their keeping his name on the opening credits). DIRECT CONTACT, AGENT RED, anything feels like an enjoyable masterpiece compared to this! But it's a good omen for SKIN TRADE since he often balanced his worst to follow by his best: MEN OF WAR followed PENTATHLON, HIDDEN AGENDA followed AGENT RED, THE DEFENDER followed RETROGRADE etc...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 24 Apr 2014, 21:50

Thank God Dolph has politely stepped away from this, thereby keeping his dignity intact. :lol: I stayed with the show until the third episode and then couldn't go anymore. Although I am a little curious to see how they wrote his character out of the show, or if they just completely forgot about him. It cracks me up how the producers think they can sell the show without Dolph's presence... See how well that works out for them at the end of this season when the show's cancelled (I think the writing's on the wall; this is done).

Any idea if Dolph will be returning to host RACE TO THE SCENE? I'm guessing not. Never did hear word on how the ratings were. I highly doubt it'll get a second season anyways.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 25 Apr 2014, 14:21

savagesketch wrote:Any idea if Dolph will be returning to host RACE TO THE SCENE?

Do you want him to?! :wink: The answer is most likely: "over his dead body"... He's had a much more interesting offer to host episodes of a science show on the Discovery Channel, National Geographic or something, but it doesn't seem on the cards for right now if it does ever happen.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 25 Apr 2014, 18:35

Let's hope for Dolph's sake that he says no to any of these TV offers, no matter how far down the road they are. His image doesn't need to be relegated to a "has been status" (a status which the hosts of these shows carry). Dolph isn't a Dean Cain. He can now say that he's tried television... Time to move on.
savagesketch

Postby TEMIRLAN on 25 Apr 2014, 18:38

He'd better develop Nordic Lihgt. It has more chance for Oscar. :lol:
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 26 Apr 2014, 14:04

TEMIRLAN wrote:He'd better develop Nordic Lihgt.

He's been working on it for years, don't worry.
savagesketch wrote:It cracks me up how the producers think they can sell the show without Dolph's presence...

Me too and I don't even know how they got the first season 20 episodes secured before shooting any but guess what: I don't know how the hell they managed it and I know the world is far from a perfect one but season 2 of SAF3 is coming (without Dolph of course)... :shock: :twisted: :? I guess this is another dimension of TV where you can sell anything to an audience sitting before soap operas and any undemanding and brainwashing TV show of that level...

http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/dis ... ond-season
http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/miptv-b ... ries-more/

Another Season of SAF3 in the Works
By Joanna Padovano
Published: April 7, 2014

CANNES: Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Tower 18 Productions have signed up for a second season of SAF3, an hour-long syndicated show that follows the Malibu Fire Department's first responders.

Each episode of SAF3 watches as first responders put their lives on the line to save others. The action/drama series was created by Tai Collins and Gregory J. Bonann, co-creators of Baywatch. The debut of the second season in the U.S. will coincide with the show's launch in Spanish on Univision's UniMas platform for Latino viewers in the country.

The global sales of SAF3 are being managed by Sierra Engine's Chris Philip, Fortitude's Nadine de Barros and 13 Films' Tannaz Anisi. The domestic distribution and ancillary sales are being handled by Hank Cohen (Trifecta) and Dave Soberai (Millenium), respectively.

"We applaud Tower 18 Productions continued commitment to creating scripted first run original programming," said Sean Compton, the president of strategic programming and acquisitions for Tribune Company, which owns Tribune Broadcasting, SAF3's lead station group.

Bonann interview
http://tv8-1.usc.edu/?p=17954
The guy is pure business.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies