AMBUSHED (Giorgio Serafini, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: RUSH / AMBUSHED (Giorgio Serafini, 2013)

Postby harry on 29 Sep 2013, 19:38

Okay, some of his movie are disappointing but as a huge fan of Dolph I will buy ALL of his movies.
harry

Postby hansson55 on 02 Oct 2013, 02:19

Another great movie, I like the overall quality, a real step up. Not just compared to SAF3
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby shooby on 02 Oct 2013, 12:06

apparently here, lots of guys like saf3 ;)
shooby

Postby Jox on 03 Oct 2013, 09:46

New stills (click to enlarge)

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 05 Oct 2013, 17:26

I think this is being released in theaters in my area in a week or two.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Oct 2013, 00:20

Gianni Capaldi interview

http://mikefury.net/hard-rush-interview ... i-capaldi/

How did you come to be involved in Hard Rush and Blood of Redemption?

I produced as well as acted in both films. It basically started when Agustin, the writer of Hard Rush, wanted to get a script off the ground. We were talking through ideas and I visualised a character driven gangster film like Snatch but set in LA where the colourful characters speak volumes and their actions dictate the story. He had something which wasn’t completely finished but matched some of these ideas so he gave me the script, I read it and then sent it to director Giorgio Serafini. He loved it so we started developing it further from there with producer Phillip B. Goldfine and the rest of the team. The roles for myself and Vinnie Jones were cast first and then between us we started casting for the other characters.

Hard Rush and Blood of Redemption were shot virtually back to back with a lot of the same team involved. How was this process managed?

I was talking with someone about a James Cameron film back in November 2012, with the understanding we were due to start shooting Hard Rush in December. I was told about another project they needed to shoot at the start of the new year and the producers they had up until then insisted they couldn’t do it under a certain budget. I was asked if we could take it on which I was confident we could do. So we shot Hard Rush at the end of 2012, took a break over Christmas, then came back with most of the same crew and shot Blood of Redemption. The process got much smoother and it felt like we were a well oiled machine by that stage.

From an acting perspective, did you have much prep time?

To be honest I had a lot more time to prepare for Hard Rush. I’m a method actor so I like to have a lot of prep and I tend to stay in character right until the film is finished. But because the characters I played in each film were so different (a gangster in Hard Rush and an FBI Agent in Blood of Redemption) I didn’t have much time going into the second project, but it was different enough and I made the most of the time I had. I really enjoyed the fact that they were so different.

What was it like sharing the screen with the likes of Dolph Lundgren, Vinnie Jones and Randy Couture and do you have any memorable stories from your time working together?

Absolutely! Vinnie Jones is a really good friend and we’ve worked together a few times. We worked together on Cross which wasn’t a good film but had a great cast including Michael Clarke Duncan, Tom Sizemore and Danny Trejo. In this case it was nice to do three films together, back to back, which we really enjoyed: Hard Rush, Blood of Redemption and A Certain Justice, which is coming out next year. Dolph Lundgren is a great guy too and it was fun working with him but I think the biggest surprise for me was Randy Couture. He’s someone I’d seen smashing people in the Octagon and playing tough guys on camera but he was such a gentleman when I met him! Something funny which happened on Blood of Redemption was during a fight scene I had a short fight with a stunt guy and unfortunately the timing was slightly off and I broke his nose. I obviously felt terrible and after we finished he was taken straight to hospital. But about 30 minutes later I got a text from Randy Couture who was in Louisiana working on something else and he said: “Attaboy! Bone crusher on set!” [Laughs] I really don’t know how he knew about it!

How about the crew? You had some impressive names on the fight team as well.

We had Benny “The Jet” Urquidez fight coordinating on Hard Rush which was great. Jimmy Lui worked with him and then Jimmy came back to work on Blood of Redemption and A Certain Justice. It’s very rare to have people do three films in six months because not everyone is available but we were lucky to have some people stay the whole time, such as the DP Marco Cappetta. Everyone got better with each film and we were bonding more as a unit and working more efficiently.

You worked on these films as a producer and you also run High Five Films. How have you found this journey and has it opened a lot of doors you wouldn’t have access to?

It definitely helps fast track certain things and gets projects moving forward. I’m not an actor who likes to just sit and wait for the phone to ring. I like to be pro-active. This is one of the reasons I think Brits do well in LA because when they say something, they do it. In LA sometimes there’s a lot of talking and not much action.

What’s next for you?

A Certain Justice is in post-production right now and due out next year. The film stars Dolph Lundgren, Cung Le, Vinnie Jones and myself. The Wicked Within will also be out next year and I’m looking forward to seeing the response it gets. I’m due to work on another film before the end of the year as well but can’t say too much about that one just yet.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Oct 2013, 10:19

Travis wrote:I think this is being released in theaters in my area in a week or two.

Indeed it seems to come out in Philipino theatres on October 16
http://www.majogoblog.com/2013/10/ambus ... pines.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 11 Oct 2013, 00:44

U.S. trailer
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109973

Like I said the widescreen 2.35:1 aspect ratio hides the lack of budget and makes it more look more gritty and realistic in a none-ridiculous way and the same must be true of BLOOD OF REDEMPTION...

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 11 Oct 2013, 23:00

Slick and stylish quote from Tom ;)Image
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 13 Oct 2013, 05:22

Coming to Australia 8th January 2014.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/ambushed/dp/6147065

Unlike Blood of Redemption there's no dual format combo, just one DVD and one on Blu Ray.
dude hallenbeck

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies