AMBUSHED (Giorgio Serafini, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: RUSH / AMBUSHED (Giorgio Serafini, 2013)

Postby Travis on 14 Oct 2013, 18:34

I will see this in the theater next week.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Oct 2013, 11:47

Showing on 37 screens in the Metro Manila area (23 in Metro Manila and 14 outside)
http://www.clickthecity.com/movies/deta ... d/ambushed
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 16 Oct 2013, 12:59

Yeah, it just opened today.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 20 Oct 2013, 16:53

You don't mind I post this Travis?

I also got to see it though not the big screen and I must say after being used to the idea that it was neither Dolph's, Couture's nor Jones movie, and Capaldi and Bonjour leading this ensemble piece it wasn't so dreadful after all. Or maybe it' also the SAF3 after effect that makes you appreciate anything after. I'll have to give it a second watch one though. You don't really care for the story or characters (and the movie in general which I wouldn't wanna see otherwise) but somehow it's gritty and racy enough to keep you awake and still intrigued. The problem is it feels like 2 or 3 different movies in one, and Dolph shouldn't just be a walk through character and they could have got something interesting going on had they explored the relationship with his undercover cop girlfriend who gets involved in this dirty underworld. I'm even surprised Anchor Bay who seems involved in financing it actually approved this vehicle for Lundgren and Couture to headline their DVD covers.

Oh well it was an easy paycheck for D who unthrilled still needed those this year.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 20 Oct 2013, 17:48

If you read the video description on youtube, it gives my thoughts on the film. They are pretty much on par with yours. The thing is, I didn't know anything before seeing it and was expecting those guys to be the stars and I was disappointed when it is more about those other guys. It's not that they were bad but when you pay to see a movie with Randy and Dolph, you are not interested in seeing those guys. It was really a bait and switch.

I also really like Tom's review.

Here is the clickthecity review which is spot on.
http://www.clickthecity.com/movies/a/20432

If you are interested, you can see what the same critic said about Ang Turkey Man ay Pabo Rin.

http://www.clickthecity.com/movies/a/20183
Travis
Regular

Postby Tom on 20 Oct 2013, 22:59

I like the video Travis. I did notice that the theater looked decidedly empty though! ha ha. I don't think Hard Rush will be breaking any Box office records in the Philippines.

Just to briefly move off topic a bit. I've enjoyed some of your Philippines videos Travis. It is a great place. I went end of last year-early this and loved it. Most hospitable people on Earth.
Tom
Regular

Postby Travis on 24 Oct 2013, 14:05

Haha...no I don't think it will be breaking box office records in the Philippines but it did get a very big release and I have no idea why. Most Filipinos would not be into a movie like this and the action genre is completely dead in the Philippines except for American superhero films.

I didn't know you went to the Philippines. You should have let me know.
Travis
Regular

Postby Tom on 24 Oct 2013, 15:23

Travis wrote:Haha...no I don't think it will be breaking box office records in the Philippines but it did get a very big release and I have no idea why. Most Filipinos would not be into a movie like this and the action genre is completely dead in the Philippines except for American superhero films.

I didn't know you went to the Philippines. You should have let me know.

Yeah I went last december for a couple of months. I didn't actually realise you were in the Philippines until we were close to coming back, if I remember.
We were well looked after though as my fiancee has a lot of family in the Philippines.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Oct 2013, 17:39

Travis wrote:Haha...no I don't think it will be breaking box office records in the Philippines but it did get a very big release and I have no idea why.

And not surprisingly it seems to have disappeared after a week.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 25 Oct 2013, 13:44

the sound is awful at few moment !
shooby

Postby Mosquito on 25 Oct 2013, 22:45

Thanks for that clip, it's really looking promising. I also liked Randy very much in the Expendables, he's a sympathetic kinda guy. This one seems better than the last few movies that are going to be available soon over here.
Mosquito
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies