Which Lundgren movie should definitely be continued?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Which Lundgren movie should definitely be continued?

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 03 Nov 2012, 13:23

My Wishlist:

The Mechanik 2
Dark Angel 2
The Expendables 3
One in the Chamber 2
Men of War 2

One can indeed dream..
Nikolai Cherenco

Re: Which Lundgren movie should definitely be continued?

Postby Travis on 03 Nov 2012, 14:42

Diamond Dogs...but I am probably the only one here that wants to see that.
Travis
Regular

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 03 Nov 2012, 14:46

Travis wrote:Diamond Dogs...but I am probably the only one here that wants to see that.

Although I also think that the character Ronson was very cool.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 03 Nov 2012, 14:51

You know it was designed as a franchise for Ronson to return in several adventures, a second script called TUMBLING DICE was written before DIAMOND DOGS was filmed and had all these production problems that made the film what it is whereas the script was had so much more story, twitsts and characterization to it. At some point Dolph wanted to direct the TUMBLING DICE but he soon dropped it after the result of DD... A sequel to DARK ANGEL was in development at MGM in the mid-90s but had nothing to do with Caine, only the alien element...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby ShawnWatson on 04 Nov 2012, 03:48

Joshua Tree 2!

It will never happen, the first movie barely got released. But that's all set to change soon! :lol:
ShawnWatson

Postby dolphage on 04 Nov 2012, 14:58

COMMAND PERFORMANCE!

That could be his "Die Hard" series...
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nathan on 04 Nov 2012, 19:55

I had huge hopes for Diamond Dogs when it came out, even during filming the pictures looked pretty good, if a little amateurish. But the end result is something that a group of reasonably talented college students could have made. A huge shame because the locations were unique for a Dolph movie. It's also a shame the snide producers didn't want to pay for D-man's cut which would probably have had elevated results. And naturally I'm disappointed that Tumbling Dice didn't make it out of development hell because the plot sounded good, as did the original concept for Diamond Dogs. It sounded like Men of War meets Indiana Jones.

As for a sequel. Hmmm. I would actually like to see another Defender, the gun fights were great in that movie and so much was done with so little. Icarus is another one that had potential for a follow-up. But those are DTV movies so the likelihood of such a thing happening is pretty small. The Expendables 3, obviously. Make Dolph go bad again and give us a re-match between him and Stallone - only thing I would even consider bringing Dolph back for, he's wasted a little as comic-relief. And he can be the villain and be the comic relief I am sure.

Joshua Tree, (Army of One 2 sounds ridiculous hahahaha, that would make it an army of twelve,) has great potential just because the original was so badass. Obviously I'd love another Universal Soldier sequel. Maybe not a sequel, or a remake, just like, an alternative dimension/universe/idea. Hyams could come up with something, if he isn't too busy. A DTV Silent Trigger - directed by Mulcahy or Dolph and with another reasonably known figure alongside or as the baddie.

And finally, it would be great to see a Dark Angel sequel. Mainly because again the original was so badass but because I think a movie that cheesy would fit in modern times, if it was done with the ultimate sense of irony. Failing that, I reckon it could be turned into a weird sort of horror, making the villain more like the alien from "ALIENS" and having it be a more sort of End of Days type affair but with more shocks/gore/scary teeth and shit. Also SILT, but Brandon sadly is no longer here. Another shame.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby dolphage on 04 Nov 2012, 20:00

Nathan wrote:Army of One 2 sounds ridiculous hahahaha, that would make it an army of twelve,

haha, they could even make it "Army Of One 2 3D"
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 04 Nov 2012, 21:59

Give him another shot at the Punisher franchise.
leigh1975

Postby gearsofwar3 on 04 Nov 2012, 22:45

I actually liked diamond dogs especially the locations, i mean how many movies have we seen dolph make in China. i would like to see ronson back but with dolph directing and full control of the movie.

Also Missionary Man 2 or The Mechanik 2 characters back would be cool to see again.
gearsofwar3

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2012, 01:08

leigh1975 wrote:Give him another shot at the Punisher franchise.

That's another one that was actually announced but never saw the light of day with the production company selling their assets to a company that only wanted to do TV. Dolph even said he was up for it, then lost interest and was disappointed by the end product and how it was released I believe...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby ShawnWatson on 05 Nov 2012, 01:19

dolphage wrote:
Nathan wrote:Army of One 2 sounds ridiculous hahahaha, that would make it an army of twelve,

haha, they could even make it "Army Of One 2 3D"

I'm begging that DOESN'T happen, actually. :cry:
ShawnWatson

Postby leigh1975 on 05 Nov 2012, 14:26

Jox wrote:
leigh1975 wrote:Give him another shot at the Punisher franchise.

That's another one that was actually announced but never saw the light of day with the production company selling their assets to a company that only wanted to do TV. Dolph even said he was up for it, then lost interest and was disappointed by the end product and how it was released I believe...

I read somewhere that Dolph's never seen the reboots. I think that if he saw what the 2004 movie tone was like and read the Garth Ennis scripted comics, he would find it is all a lot more grittier and realistic than his film and the books around the 88 and 89 era. Seeing as he gravitates towards old school revenge films in the tone of Mechanik, this might fit now.
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2012, 17:04

I think Dolph is done with the character (and isn't too fond of the fact it's based on a comic book) and would rather do another piece in the same vein than a reprise of the Punisher character.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 06 Nov 2012, 05:10

Another Men Of War would be interesting, I think it would be a really cool idea to see Nick being unwillingly dragged back into the warfare after leaving it behind in the last film.
leigh1975

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies