A MAN WILL RISE (T. Jaa /V. Rojanapanich, 2013) (unfinished)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A MAN WILL RISE (Tony Jaa, 2014) (in post-production)

Postby harry on 14 Sep 2013, 21:24

Tony Jaa's next is FAF7 ?

There could be some problems:
http://twitchfilm.com/2013/09/sahamangk ... -role.html
harry

Postby Nathan on 14 Sep 2013, 23:33

If true, he should take the lawsuit on the chin and breakaway from these dictators. Hope this doesn't mean anything bad for SkinTrade.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 Sep 2013, 00:29

harry wrote:There could be some problems:
http://twitchfilm.com/2013/09/sahamangk ... -role.html

His management response:
As Tony Jaa's manager I am posting this in his behalf. Tony has always had the greatest respect for Sahamongkol and the people behind Sahamongkol. He is therefore saddened and disappointed to see their recent press statements. The article that Twitch has quoted appeared in the Bangkok Post and was based solely on Sahamongkol's public comments. Sahamongkol's public assertions regarding Tony and his purported contract with them are not factual. Tony Jaa does not have a new contract with Sahamongkol nor did he extend his prior relationship with them. The matter was studied quite carefully and Tony Jaa is free to pursue any acting jobs which he wishes to undertake. Sahamongkol may make a complaint in a competent legal forum with proper jurisdiction if they feel they have such a claim. Assuming that such a claim would be heard; We would be more than pleased to follow the ruling of any competent legal authority. It should be noted that Thailand abolished slavery many years ago, and Thai courts consider provable damages in labor contract disputes, and nothing more than that. Tony is looking forward to his role in Fast and Furious 7 as well as a number of other films. He does not require permission from anyone to act in these films, except possibly his wife and daughter.
Michael Selby

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/09/jaas-mana ... s-ago.html

TEMIRLAN wrote:See no problem with it.

Problem is it says A MAN WILL RISE is "on hold" which is strange it's been filmed already (or most of it) so it should be in post-production but "on hold" means there's some kind of issue holding up the film from being completed and released. His last movie THE PROTECTOR 2 also took forever to be completed and they're just releasing the first trailers now...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 24 Sep 2013, 04:43

Interview with Jaa where he seems to further distance himself from A MAN WILL RISE:

http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.sg/2013/09/the-big-leap-my-interview-with-martial.html

FCSyndicate: Can you describe your character for A Man Will Rise?

TJ: A Man Will Rise is within the purview of Sahamongkol with whom I used to have a working relationship. As I am know longer involved with them it would not be appropriate for me to comment.

Seems like this flick is caught in the crossfire between Jaa and his former studio. He does at least have some nice words for Lundgren:

FCSyndicate: With Skin Trade already announced, are you looking forward to working with Dolph again?

TJ: Dolph is a great guy and a good friend. Off screen he is really fun to spend time with. On screen/set he is a real professional with a wealth of experience, he is someone anyone would enjoy working with.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2013, 10:17

I hope A MAN WIL RISE will not fall into post-production limbos like THE PROTECTOR 2 seemed to be for a while, as this is the next best thing to look forward to before SKIN TRADE (and accessorily EX3)... (I have yet to watch BOTD so I can't comment on it)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 06 Oct 2013, 18:46

The Protector 2 was not stuck in post-prodution stage, but was stuck during the filming (as far as i know) because of the problems in the country. A Man Will Rise is already wrapped (right?) so they will release it anyway because they want to bring the money back.
TEMIRLAN

Postby bomaz on 18 Jan 2014, 19:06

Found that A Man Will Rise was on the catalog of this german company. http://www.prorom.com/about/
Doesn't knwo what it means though.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 18 Jan 2014, 22:14

Beware of this company's site, they had put the project INVICIBLE listed that Dolph was not even offered and made a fake artwork themselves... They just license products to distribute in Romania and Eastern Europe.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 20 Jan 2014, 01:14

That doesn't sound good at all:
Tony Jaa Official
No, while I was initially credited for part of the Directing, in fact I was not the Director or Producer. Filming was not completed and what was shot is with the studio that produced it.

The other day I saw a Thai article, the google translation was hinting maybe it was more of a demo to get more money to complete the film. I was already worried since the same company (the one Jaa had troubles with) took so long with his previous film TYG - THE PROTECTOR 2...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 20 Jan 2014, 15:16

I don't like this. I presume even Dolph still has scenes to shoot? They could complete it right after Skin Trade being finished since for Tony there is no news from SPL-2 yet.
TEMIRLAN

Postby bomaz on 20 Jan 2014, 15:33

Well, I doubt Sahamongkol will / would give any budget if they had a conflict with Jaa.
That's "sad", because that would have been a fun ride I think. Maybe they'll find a way to hire stands-in and doubles to finish the movie and deliver a crappy movie that will sell on Jaa's name. ;)
bomaz

Postby TEMIRLAN on 20 Jan 2014, 21:21

Jaa and Dolph would be interested to finish the film.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 20 Jan 2014, 22:44

We don't know what the exact status is, but it wouldn't be the first time a studio releases a movie from an incomplete shoot, but I'm pretty sure Dolph did all his scenes.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 19 Apr 2014, 21:19

I wonder if the studio will ever release this movie. Are they bankrupt?
TEMIRLAN

Postby bomaz on 19 Apr 2014, 22:18

I don't think it's a studio money issue (Sahamongkol is one of the only major producers in Thailand).
It deals more with schedule, Tony Jaa's contract and lawyer issues I guess.
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies