A MAN WILL RISE (T. Jaa /V. Rojanapanich, 2013) (unfinished)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A MAN WILL RISE (Tony Jaa/Vitidnan Rojana, 2013, unfinis

Postby bomaz on 09 Oct 2015, 12:48

We never know, if you travel to Bangkok in a couple of years, maybe you'll find a bootleg VCD on some street market :wink:
bomaz

Re: A MAN WILL RISE (Tony Jaa/Vitidnan Rojana, 2013, unfinis

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2015, 13:24

I hope so, but the movie not being completed and disregarded by the production/distribution company that might be more unlikely than with other titles...

So now after the all the aborted "development hell" project that were never shot, we have one with production stills to make us fantasize and despair even more about what it could have been. And the mix of the 1950s western set in Thailand with Elvis-haired Tony Jaa martial arts extravaganza, fighting against mustached Dolph and his minions seemed utterly and awesomely wacked... :D (not like any US -originated DTV these days)
Jox
Site Admin

Re: A MAN WILL RISE (Tony Jaa/V. Rojanapanich, 2013, unfinis

Postby Jox on 04 Feb 2016, 15:52

Conan Stevens on AMWR
http://www.impactonline.co/film/2243-mo ... versation/
You also returned to Thailand for a couple of projects, including a co-starring role in the Tony Jaa and Dolph Lundgren actioner A Man Will Rise

I was called by my good friend David Ismalone and asked if I'd like to come over and work with him (we play Dolph's cowboy sidekicks). This was interesting as I like working in Thailand, and Tony Jaa is THE big star there, and I was going to get a chance to kick his butt. Plus, I have followed Dolph's career and he has been an inspiration for me. He used to live in Sydney, Australia where he worked as a security guard at one of the nice night clubs. When he left and made it as an actor his story became a legend and a distant hope for many other doormen, a few of whom were part time actors doing thug and security roles on TV and in commercials. I was one of them. It was good to get a chance to talk to Dolph about this and get the story straight from him and truth be told the only difference from the urban legend and the truth was his hard work and determination – he had a bit of luck to start but he took the opportunity, prepared and made it into something, a lesson for others.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 05 Feb 2016, 20:43

I wonder if the company is intrrested to finish the film. If the Dolph part is wraped they could recall Tony to finish his scenes.
TEMIRLAN

Postby sonnyblack745 on 06 Feb 2016, 03:06

I understand this correctly now. Man working again on this film. If so, I look forward enormously to this film.

Dolph is still a real Action Hero !!
sonnyblack745

Postby Jox on 06 Feb 2016, 15:22

TEMIRLAN wrote:I wonder if the company is intrrested to finish the film. If the Dolph part is wraped they could recall Tony to finish his scenes.

They're obviously not (interested in finishing the film), they're kind of a mob/mafia company who stopped the production just because they couldn't see their home-made star go way, and tried to make him still liable to them for another 10 year contract... It's doubtful they'll ever complete the movie.

sonnyblack745 wrote:I understand this correctly now. Man working again on this film. If so, I look forward enormously to this film.

Don't keep false hopes for this film, it's not in the work again (the Conan Stevens article above is from 2013) and likely won't be released because of the reasons I've just stated above.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: A MAN WILL RISE (T. Jaa /V. Rojanapanich, 2013) (unfinis

Postby Jox on 03 May 2018, 07:51

Tony Messenger & Tony Jaa

Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 04 May 2018, 18:59

is there any chance this film to be finished?
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 08 Oct 2019, 18:40

Still bummed we'll likely won't see any piece of footage from this wacky Thai comedy western. If only they had released an early teaser.

It's one thing to fantasise about projects that were never made, but it's another when there actually is half of a film sitting in a vault somewhere in Thailand (unless the company went as far as destroying any trace of it).

No matter how good or bad it would have turned out, this would probably have been a unique filmic object in Dolph's career... :?

Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 09 Oct 2019, 09:14

I think this movie's legend will last longer because of how insane the set photos and costumes look. In any case I'm glad Jaa is able to make movies with relative freedom now.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 24 Jun 2020, 14:15

Byron Gibson:
https://www.actionreloaded.com/intervie ... is-career/
AR: Another project I had seen you name attached to was with Dolph Lundgren and Tony Jaa. A Man Will Rise. Can you tell me about the movie and your character, also if we will see a release?

Byron Gibson: Yeah we shot that a few years ago and my character was a cowboy called Diego, Dolph's partner he double crosses Dolph Lundgren and steals his money. It was my first western and I am keen to see the outcome! I am not sure when that will be released.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 04 Jul 2021, 13:45

From Byron Gibson who will release a book about his film experiences
https://www.facebook.com/itaintallglitzandglamour/

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies