A CERTAIN JUSTICE / PUNCTURE WOUNDS (Serafini/Coyne), 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A CERTAIN JUSTICE (G. Serafini / J. Coyne, 2014) (comple

Postby Mosquito on 07 Dec 2013, 10:12

Maybe I'm still too sleepy but I don't get that trailer. Too messy, too fast, too many different scenes jumping back and forth in short time.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Dec 2013, 11:18

The trailer sure isn't well edited and put together.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 07 Dec 2013, 16:57

They couldn't give Dolph a better looking wig?
Travis
Regular

Postby Tom on 07 Dec 2013, 17:50

Travis wrote:They couldn't give Dolph a better looking wig?

That wig is half the budget right there Travis. If they'd given Dolph a better wig, there would have been no money left for any action. ;)
Tom
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 07 Dec 2013, 21:13

Seems better than BOR atleast. Dolph really should stay away from these kind of movies. Too enough. Looking forward to SkinTrade to begin filming.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Moltisanti on 15 Jan 2014, 08:43

Title has been changed to PUNCTURE WOUNDS. Will be available in the states on March 11th:

http://www.amazon.com/Puncture-Wounds/dp/B00HUTPKJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389764233&sr=8-1&keywords=Puncture+wounds

Hope this isn't the final cover art:

Moltisanti
Regular

Postby DRC2013 on 15 Jan 2014, 09:40

The cover "art" for these DVD releases just keep getting worse and worse.

I mean that is literally just two floating heads and nothing else. That could be the cover for an action movie, or a thriller, or a horror, the same goes for the new title and tagline. It's like they tried to appeal to an audience as wide as possible, but came up with a cover that is just plain bland and uninformative and will likely appeal to no-one.

EDIT: Also another classic case of an actor on the cover looking nothing like they do in the actual movie. I guess they thought the long hair and the moustache would throw people off.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 15 Jan 2014, 09:49

Yeah... it's like stills, they choose the worst ones. For another generic projects maybe I would haven't have said anything, but since it's more of an action movie with martial arts with Dolph sporting a totally different look I say like the cover: "PAIN RUNS DEEP"...

DRC2013 wrote:I guess they thought the long hair and the moustache would throw people off.

Exactly, or likely they were afraid Dolph wouldn't be recognizable enough.

P.S. Like somebody just said on another board, Cung Le looks like Cuba Gooding Jr here! Could have worked for oNE IN THE CHAMBER! :lol:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 15 Jan 2014, 11:10

Ahah, that's totally Cuba. And the cover sucks.

For a "non english", what does "Puncture Wounds" means ? I mean something more than the google translate ;)
bomaz

Postby Jox on 15 Jan 2014, 12:06

It means "plaie" en Français...

It's like they thought a flick starring Cung Le (never heard of him before DRAGON EYES) and Dolph Lundgren would sell better as some kind of psychological thriller rather than the straight forward action reel that it is. :mrgreen:

In some cases like RUSH (aligned with Ron Howard's RUSH) I can understand the title change, but here I don't see what was wrong with it, and PUNCTURE WOUNDS certainly doesn't sell it better. It's just like trailers, U.S. studios like Lionsgate and Anchor Bay just wans to come up with their own stuff, if they could produce another movie out of it, they would (thank god they haven't started recutting the movies like Miramax used to)!
Jox
Site Admin

Re: A CERTAIN JUSTICE (G. Serafini / J. Coyne, 2014) - March

Postby savagesketch on 15 Jan 2014, 21:59

The title change and cover don't bother me too much... It's the image of Dolph that is just so piss-poor and pathetic. Not only is this not how he looks in the movie, but it's clearly a publicity headshot. If anything, they have got to change that image of Dolph. While photoshopped jobs are not uncommon with DTV releases (look at any of Seagal's films of the past ten years), this one is bad. it reminds me of the covers for DETENTION, DIRECT CONTACT, and COMMAND PERFORMANCE, where the image(s) of D were from completely different movies.

If anyone wants a good laugh, this cover evokes memories of the cover for DERAILED with Van Damme. The film was made later in VD's career, yet the cover was an image of him back when he did BLACK EAGLE... one of his very first movies. Laziness at its finest...
savagesketch

Re: A CERTAIN JUSTICE / PUNCTURE WOUNDS (G. Serafini, 2013)

Postby Nathan on 19 Jan 2014, 18:25

This went totally over my head...it looks more like the cover for an erotic thriller like Fatal Attraction, Dolph with his smouldering "Michael Douglas" look. Honestly, no wonder nobody buys these things. DTV covers are always the absolute worst.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 20 Jan 2014, 00:07

According to Cung Le's FB this could get a limited release before the DVD (no BD for the U.S. apparently).
Has a small theater release. Plus this is about an Asian guy carrying a American produce film! Asian power!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Jan 2014, 00:01

Lionsgate Press Release: Puncture Wounds
Action hero Dolph Lundgren (The Expendables) and MMA champion Cung Le (The Man with the Iron Fists) star in the non-stop thrill ride Puncture Wounds, arriving on DVD (plus Digital Ultraviolet), Digital HD, Video On Demand and Pay-Per-View March 11th from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. One veteran must confront his pain and battle for his and his family's lives when he finds himself the target of a ruthless gang leader. Featuring exclusive interviews with the cast and crew, Puncture Wounds will be available on DVD for the suggested retail price of $26.98.

After returning home from a traumatic tour of duty in Iraq, John (Le) finds himself struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder. What little peace he had managed to build around him is shattered one fateful day when he rescues a local call girl from a group of violent Aryan Brotherhood pimps. Having killed several of the high-ranking brotherhood during the rescue, John and his family are now the prime targets of Hollis (Lundgren), the ruthless criminal leader of the group.

CAST
Dolph Lundgren Upcoming The Expendables 3, Universal Soldier, Rocky IV
Cung Le The Grandmaster, The Man with the Iron Fists, Fighting,
Pandorum

Vinnie Jones Fire with Fire, The Condemned, X-Men: The Last Stand,
The Midnight Meat Train

Briana Evigan Upcoming Step Up: All In, Rites of Passage, Sorority Row,
Step Up 2: The Streets

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*
Behind-the-scenes cast and crew interviews with Director Giorgio Serafini, Writer/Director James Coyne and Cast Members Vinnie Jones, Dolph Lundgren, Cung Le, Phillip B. Goldfine, Gianni Capaldi, Geza Decsy, Briana Evigan and Bryan Sexton
*Subject to change

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production: 2014
Title Copyright: © 2013 Poplar Oaks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Home Entertainment Premiere
Rating: R for Strong Violence, Pervasive Language, Some Sexual Content and Drug Use
Genre:Action
Closed Captioned:English
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Feature Run Time: 97 minutes
Format:16x9 Widescreen(1.78:1)
DVD Audio:5.1 Dolby Digital
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/329363-lionsgate-press-release-puncture-wounds/
Format:16x9 Widescreen(1.78:1)

If that's so then just like BOR it won't be in the intended aspect ratio cinemascope 2.35:1 which is a shame because it does hide some of the flaws and budget limitations...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 29 Jan 2014, 08:50

Here's the official trailer from Lionsgate:

Moltisanti
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies