A CERTAIN JUSTICE / PUNCTURE WOUNDS (Serafini/Coyne), 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A CERTAIN JUSTICE / PUNCTURE WOUNDS (G. Serafini, 2013)

Postby Jox on 17 Mar 2014, 14:57

savagesketch wrote:Wasted opportunity. Which begs the question, Why cast Dolph as a bad pimp, when he's not gonna truly exude Dolph? The role coulda been played by anybody.

Guess the good thing with these three films with Serafini is that they were shot and released in under a year. Now that they're behind him, it's on to better things. Bring on TEX3 and SKIN TRADE.

Yeah forget about it. The role was not written for him at all and after years of being on hold, they put it together quickly, Dolph signed on at the last minute for a last quick gig and there you go...

I haven't seen it yet but as you say, EX3 and SKIN TRADE are on their way. Forget these, Dolph is in "do it yourself career mode" again and ST is his priority now until it's completed (and well) and secured distribution.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: A CERTAIN JUSTICE / PUNCTURE WOUNDS (G. Serafini, 2013)

Postby Jox on 20 Mar 2014, 10:49

NQ. Your last three movies have been action films with a cast of regular actors; Dolph Lundgren, Vinnie Jones and Gianni Capaldi. What was it like working with the same actors on three films in quick succession?

GS. Same actors, same crew. It was a fun experience. I especially like what we were able to achieve on Ambushed and Puncture Wounds. I am not a fan of what the producers have done with the editing in Blood Of Redemption.

It was a strange and unique situation. By the third film we knew each other much better and were able to experiment more. We start to hang out together, especially with Vinnie and Gianni. Vinnie offered me one of his trademark hats and wore my cowboy hat as we were shooting Puncture Wounds.

http://influxmagazine.com/an-interview- ... -serafini/
Jox
Site Admin

Re: A CERTAIN JUSTICE / PUNCTURE WOUNDS (Giorgio Serafini, 2

Postby dolphage on 22 Mar 2014, 17:53

I am happy to disagree with.. pretty much everyone.. on Dolph's role in this movie. It's not a bad role and it's one of his best performances of recent years. For once he plays 90% of it understatedly and naturalistically, while he normally relies on charisma and big "movie star acting" to get through his villain roles. The character and the look is really fresh.

There a a bunch of good performances in this film, including Cung Le who brings realism and menace to his avenging hero.

The movie, as a whole, isn't the greatest thing in the world, it's uneven and feels rushed. The whole third act is disappointing and anticlimactic.

They could have cut Vinnie Jones' role out completely without it effecting the story in any way at all and that's a sign of a bad part. He's good in the movie though, he always is. He keeps playing himself brilliantly.

A mid-quality Dolph movie, but the Big Guy is great in it!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nathan on 28 Mar 2014, 00:47

Jox wrote:Greek cover
Image Image

Best one yet by a mile.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Mar 2014, 01:09

I believe it's an updated version from the studio Voltage Pictures sent out to the distributors.

Ok so I just got my copy and... I don't know what the hell did I just watch.

What a model of BAD TASTE and GRATUITY in almost in every department (except for the cinematography, not great or anything but the best thing in the film and maybe the best one of the "trilogy"). Some of it even reminded me of SAF3 (too many useless characters and subplot, terrible dialogue, on the nose direction)... Oh Cung Le's character is pretty much as bad as Dolph's, if not worse depending on who you're rooting for.

I also question the filmmakers taste in tattooed L.A. gangsters, drugs, dirty women and sick shits because it's almost an amateur apology of all that. At least that makes me reevaluate Tarantino as being more talented and smarter than I thought.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 28 Mar 2014, 05:59

It certainly is a hodge-podge of a film, isn't it... Almost as if producers had good intentions, but then felt the need to shoehorn in every actor who they had on a contract in a thankless role. I just couldn't get over cheap and rushed the whole thing looked and felt... Even Dolph who's memorable in even the worst flicks, is forgettable.

As for Cung Le... Perhaps he can be relegated to the strong, silent fighter who occupies the small supporting role that he's played before from now on. He's not leading guy material. Complete dud.
savagesketch

Postby dude hallenbeck on 28 Mar 2014, 09:12

Has Dolph completed his commitment to these Capaldi, Voltage, Serafini movies?
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 28 Mar 2014, 11:35

He didn't have a contract with them, just signed on to these gigs as he needed the cash flow and they came back to him. Now he probably doesn't plan to do anything until SKIN TRADE is ready for delivery and when he moves on it's gonna be for paychecks.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 28 Mar 2014, 13:05

Jox wrote:He didn't have a contract with them, just signed on to these gigs as he needed the cash flow and they came back to him. Now he probably doesn't plan to do anything until SKIN TRADE is ready for delivery and when he moves on it's gonna be for paychecks.

Did you mean it's not gonna be for paychecks, or he will do a few quick paycheck jobs before lining up another personal film?

Honestly the second one wouldn't be too bad if it gives him a chance to interact with other character actors and see if they're worthwhile putting in a passion project. I really hope Saf3 hasn't put him off doing a few TV roles either, since that's good exposure.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 28 Mar 2014, 16:50

Sorry that was a typo, I meant he's not...! 8)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 29 Mar 2014, 02:13

Ah good. Quality is better than quantity.
dude hallenbeck

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies