EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (announced)

Postby Tom on 11 Apr 2015, 11:18

I'd guess the international gross and home market performance has been impressive enough to warrant a sequel. I'd also imagine Avi puts much of the failure domestically down to the piracy issue, rather than say a quality, or bored audiences isssue.
So though a 4th wouldn't surprise me. I don't think any effort will be made to improve the franchise, and they'll probably trim the budget a little too.
Tom
Regular

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (announced / status unknown)

Postby Jox on 08 May 2015, 13:12

Nuke: What do you hear about an Expendables 4?

Dolph Lundgren: Not much. I was actually texting with Sly yesterday but I didn’t ask him. I haven’t had a chance because I was in Australia and just got back two days ago, but I’ll find out. I haven’t heard anything but I gather, if I know him right, that he loves sequels. I think there’s another one probably. I don’t think he’ll end at three.

Nuke: I hope so, but I also know he’s got Creed and Rambo to do first.

Dolph Lundgren: Yeah, I think so. The third one, because of the piracy and the fact that it was PG-13, I don’t think it was such a good idea. I think people wanted the hard R kind of movie. That’s why it did well originally. I’m sure next time they’ll go back to the original idea a little more.
http://nukethefridge.com/2015/05/07/ski ... XKbOKDo.99

EDIT:
Do you have any news about The Expendables 4?

You know, I don't have any news. I was pleased that there was a 3, because they did one every other year, for 6 years. So those 3 first ones - it's a lot of work, and it was fun. But I think if there is a fourth one, that it'll happen either next year or the year after.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ?context=3
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Jun 2015, 14:26

Asked on French TV yesterday Christophe Lambert said "IF" the movie gets made he will be in the movie for sure, that Sly really wants him (according to what he told him last year), and could be the bad guy... if it gets made...
http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cine ... 4-4198981#
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Jul 2015, 23:25

Lionsgate Developing ‘Expendables’ Mobile Game
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/lions ... 201536180/
Lionsgate is partnering with Millennium Films and Hong Kong game maker Fifth Journey to develop a mobile game based on its “Expendables” franchise.

The studio plans to release a game for phones and tablets by the end of 2016, which could coincide with the release of the fourth film in the franchise.

Lionsgate has not yet dated a fourth “Expendables.” It opened the previous three films — which starred Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Bruce Willis and Dolph Lundgren — in 2010, 2012 and 2014, with worldwide box office totaling nearly $800 million.

“We’re delighted to partner with the incredibly talented and successful Avi Lerner of Millennium Films and the innovative Eric Tan of Fifth Journey to expand the universe of ‘The Expendables,'” said Peter Levin, Lionsgate’s president of interactive ventures and games. “Combining a powerful brand, a global fanbase stretching from North America to China and cutting edge technology, ‘The Expendables’ is the perfect cross-platform property to build into an action-packed mobile game loaded with state-of-the-art features.”

Lionsgate noted that it has already launched several other initiatives in the game space, including investing in Telltale Games and Finnish gaming platform Next Games, partnering with Starbreeze Studios on “John Wick” content and developing TV shows based on the Candy Crush and Titanfall properties.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Sep 2015, 16:19

SOFIA, Sept. 1 (Xinhua) -- Filming of The Expendables 4 and another movie with Morgan Freeman is in the pipeline for Bulgaria-based NuBoyana Film Studios amid dozens of world blockbusters already made there, an insider told Xinhua.

Yariv Lerner, the CEO of NuBoyana Film Studios, told Xinhua that the movie with Morgan Freeman would happen either at the end of this year or the beginning of next year, while The Expendables 4 would probably be made mid-2016, showing the upward trend in the company's development.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2015- ... 577747.htm
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Sep 2015, 11:20

Mr. T:
TCC: Great, and I’m hearing that Stallone is cooking up Expendables 4 right now. Is there any hope you can be in that movie?

MT: Nah, I won’t be in Expendables 4, or even Expendable 1, because that’s a lie. Because number one, I’m not expendable! And number two, when you’re on the A-Team, you can’t go around being on other teams and whatnot. Expendables is a rip-off of The A-Team! You know what I mean? Think about it. You got about 20 guys. The A-Team, we got four guys in the league. So if I’m a member of The A-Team, we couldn’t loan ourselves out to be Expendable. You feelin’ what I’m saying? When we’re on the A-Team, we love it when a plan comes together. An Expendable, they’re just killing everyone in sight. In The A-Team, we didn’t kill nobody. You know, we kill them with our jokes. [laughs]

But I’m just joking, you know. It’s a good show, The Expendables. But no, I’m an A-Team guy, you know. That’s what I am.

Bonus quote
TCC: Awesome, and I’m a big fan of Rocky III, and so I ….

MT:
That was the best Rocky. That was the best Rocky.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/201 ... -interview
Jox
Site Admin

Postby DRC2013 on 21 Sep 2015, 18:57

LOL you gotta love Mr. T.
DRC2013

Postby dude hallenbeck on 10 Oct 2015, 02:30

dude hallenbeck

Postby Moltisanti on 10 Oct 2015, 04:33

Let's hope Sly's "4th Film in a Franchise is Awesome" streak continues.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby whiteandblank on 10 Oct 2015, 12:32

Yes me too Moltisanti!

I think they need to trim the cast this time, and secure some big names. Seagal, Jackie Chan possibly?
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby Jox on 10 Oct 2015, 12:49

Moltisanti wrote:Let's hope Sly's "4th Film in a Franchise is Awesome" streak continues.

Haha yes! And this one needs it more than the other two.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 11 Oct 2015, 04:33

Jox wrote:
Moltisanti wrote:Let's hope Sly's "4th Film in a Franchise is Awesome" streak continues.

Haha yes! And this one needs it more than the other two.

Any chance there's an awareness and willingness to improve?
dude hallenbeck

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (2016-2017) (announced)

Postby Dida on 12 Oct 2015, 14:55

Any confirmation that Dolph will be in it? I really hope he gets a bigger role and that his character will have something to do (like part 1)
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (2016-2017) (announced)

Postby Krom on 12 Oct 2015, 16:16

Jox wrote:

Awesome! I wish we would have A-team franchise behind the Expendables crew.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies