EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023) (completed)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 20 Sep 2023, 20:24

Were there any kind of premieres / red carpet events for the movie?
TEMIRLAN

Postby thegoon4eto on 20 Sep 2023, 21:10

Well, there are ongoing strikes, so I assume most of the actors can't discuss the movie, so I guess no need for a red carpet premiere, since it will be only the director with the producers.
Van Damme fans forum

http://jcvdfans.boards.net/
thegoon4eto

Postby alex.sp89 on 21 Sep 2023, 09:36

I do not think about Red Carpet for this one. You will be DISAPPOINTED. The worst one guys. Story execution, directing, effects CGI worst in the world (very fake). Why they keep hiring unexperienced directors that do not know how to spend 100 millions ? For this we all waited 9 years ? A simple DTV movie,no more than that, Scenes are not coherent, dialogue, reactions. We wanted a more serious movie in the vein of the first movie and it turned to be a spoof of its own. Jumbo Shrimp subplot - bullshit of bad taste :lol:, Golden Shower Gallan bullshit. I never thought that this franchise of Stallone can become sort of Escape Plan sequels that destroyed EP franchise. This producers are nuts and all those involved who approved all this. Dolph become an alcoholic again - this is the worst that could occur. What did they smoke when they made it ? Megan Fox character - why she was needed for, or Iko Uwais ? Or motorcyles chase on the ship aka Chuck Norris shooting from motorcycle in Delta Force 1. I want my money back. Now i see why Stallone and Statham do not have an interview like co- stars. Just behind the scene footage and comments from the set dated October- December 2021. This is a career killer for A star list actor. Definitely...
alex.sp89

Postby Krom on 21 Sep 2023, 11:42

alex.sp89 wrote:I do not think about Red Carpet for this one. You will be DISAPPOINTED. The worst one guys. Story execution, directing, effects CGI worst in the world (very fake). Why they keep hiring unexperienced directors that do not know how to spend 100 millions ? For this we all waited 9 years ? A simple DTV movie,no more than that, Scenes are not coherent, dialogue, reactions. We wanted a more serious movie in the vein of the first movie and it turned to be a spoof of its own. Jumbo Shrimp subplot - bullshit of bad taste :lol:, Golden Shower Gallan bullshit. I never thought that this franchise of Stallone can become sort of Escape Plan sequels that destroyed EP franchise. This producers are nuts and all those involved who approved all this. Dolph become an alcoholic again - this is the worst that could occur. What did they smoke when they made it ? Megan Fox character - why she was needed for, or Iko Uwais ? Or motorcyles chase on the ship aka Chuck Norris shooting from motorcycle in Delta Force 1. I want my money back. Now i see why Stallone and Statham do not have an interview like co- stars. Just behind the scene footage and comments from the set dated October- December 2021. This is a career killer for A star list actor. Definitely...

Horrible cgi’s, even worse amd visible than in Ex3! Hope someone will shut down that Bulgarian cgi company. But, the movie overall had some great fights and great, great R rated dialog and kills and actually few non cgi nice explosions (dont understand why the fuck they bother if they used so much cgi)!

I still hope will sell decent to see another one asap.
Last edited by Krom on 21 Sep 2023, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Sep 2023, 12:21

Guys, please remember that some of us won't get to see it until a few weeks from now... Use the "spoiler" tab if necessary when you submit a review post.

thegoon4eto wrote:Well, there are ongoing strikes, so I assume most of the actors can't discuss the movie, so I guess no need for a red carpet premiere, since it will be only the director with the producers.

There was a small premiere yesterday with the director and producers
https://www.gettyimages.fr/search/2/ima ... =editorial

New Dolph still

‘Expendables’ Producers Contend That They’ve Gotten Every Actor They’ve Wanted
https://themessenger.com/entertainment/ ... -exclusive

Expendables 4 Interview: Producers Discuss Sylvester Stallone, Rambo Sequel
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/exp ... 00817.html?

Expendables 4 Stunt Coordinator Unpacks the Film's Hong Kong Action Influence
https://www.cbr.com/expendables-4-stunt ... interview/

'Expend4bles' goes 'back to basics,' producers say
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/exp ... 06391.html

Exclusive interview: Director Scott Waugh talks ‘EXPEND4BLES,’ going back to basics, and working with action icons
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/exc ... ion-icons/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Sep 2023, 20:25

‘Expendables 4’ Soundtrack Album Details (no CD this time)
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2023/09/21 ... m-details/

Millennium Media Records will release the official soundtrack album for the action sequel Expend4bles. The album features the film’s original score composed by Guillaume Roussel (3 Days to Kill, Black Beauty, The Three Musketeers: D’Artagnan, The Spy, Happy!, The Man with the Iron Heart). The soundtrack will be released digitally tomorrow, September 22. The streaming/download link will be added to this article within the next day. Expend4bles is directed by Scott Waugh and stars Jason Statham, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Megan Fox, Tony Jaa, Dolph Lundgren, Iko Uwais, Andy Garcia, Randy Couture, Jacob Scipio, Levy Tran and Sylvester Stallone. The fourth installment in the Expendables series is being released in theaters nationwide this weekend by Lionsgate.

Here’s the album track list:
1. The New Squad (2:01)
2. A Horrible Loss (2:27)
3. Here We Go (1:50)
4. Introducing Decha (2:12)
5. Marsh Runs the Show (2:40)
6. Trouble Ahead (2:14)
7. Bike, Explosions and Death (3:13)
8. Battle on the Deck (2:12)
9. The Final Duel (1:41)
10. Finding Ocelot (1:12)
11. Redemption (1:57)
12. Expend4bles Main Theme (2:43)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 22 Sep 2023, 07:09

Enjoyed this one more than EX3 at least. Slimming the cast down definitely helps a lot. It is basically a "Statham featuring The Expendables" movie but as goofball action films go it went down smooth enough.

It has a lot of issues but it's the same issues many Millennium productions have so I'm sort of used to the thrift store CGI in their films.

Lundgren has more to do here than the third one so that's nice, but he seemed pretty limited in his movements. Would have been cool to see him do some hand-to-hand fighting but that just wasn't in the cards.
Moltisanti
Regular

Re: EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 22 Sep 2023, 19:06

Visited theatre yesterday. Was too busy to post a review. So, here's my short review:

Story: Usual story about terrorists who steal some dangerous weapon that can destroy the world. Something like that. Typical script for the franchise.

Action: Best thing in the film. I mean. Action scenes are done mostly by younger guys like Jason, Tony, Iko, Tran and Scipio.

CGI: Regular NuImage lever work.

Music: Totally different. Not so good but not so bad. But they didn't even use some main themes from the previous films whis is strange.

Dolph in the movie: Well, he is more than in the third one. More lines, more presence. But it's not like he's a super important character in the movie like he was in the first film. He's there which is already nice. I wasn't expecting more. But like all the aged guys (like Sly, Randy and even 50 cent) he has many shooting scenes.

Overall, definitely better than the third one. You can see that they did their best to make it hard R rated film. Clubs/parties with naked girls, bloody action, etc. I liked the movie overall.

7/10
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 22 Sep 2023, 20:33

Listing of media reviews
http://exflix.blogspot.com/2023/09/expe ... -news.html

Box Office: ‘Expendables 4’ Lands $750K in Previews on Way to $15M Debut
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235595986/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 22 Sep 2023, 21:22

Ideally this franchise would have tried once, just once, to do a gritty installment in the same vein as DARK OF THE SUN or even MEN OF WAR. But that's just not at all what the folks calling the shots wanted. Still had fun watching this one.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby bomaz on 23 Sep 2023, 09:55

While some analyst have a forecast for a 14M$ opening weekend, Deadline is more cautious with 8-10M$.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 23 Sep 2023, 11:23

Moltisanti wrote:Ideally this franchise would have tried once, just once, to do a gritty installment in the same vein as DARK OF THE SUN or even MEN OF WAR. But that's just not at all what the folks calling the shots wanted. Still had fun watching this one.

Yeah, the original was grittier to some extent, and the tone was more subtle and of a wider range.
Another idea that was interesting was that story from Stallone that was made into a comic where the Expendables are literally in hell, obviously that would have cost too much...

Here is an interview with composer Guillaume Roussel who discusses EX4, taking over after Brian Tyler, his background, working for Hans Zimmer...
https://onthescore.com/guillaume-rousse ... pend4bles/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 23 Sep 2023, 18:31

bomaz

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2023, 19:40

Box Office: ‘Expendables 4’ Debuts With Franchise Low, Bested by ‘Nun II’
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235597319/
During one of the worst weekends for theatrical ticket sales this year, 'The Nun II' narrowly beat out the Jason Statham action film.

During what is expected to be the worst weekend for theatrical ticket sales so far this year, Expendables 4 landed $8.3 million in its opening weekend, representing the worst opening for a film in the Jason Statham-fronted franchise. It was narrowly bested by The Nun II, which continues its reign at the September box office.

The Lionsgate and Millennium’s Expendables 4, which was financed by Millennium, played at 3,400 theaters and was estimated to earn in the $15 million range heading into the weekend before dropping off.

It’s the first entry in the franchise in nearly a decade, after 2014’s The Expendables 3. That film grossed $15.8 million in its opening weekend and went on to earn a total of $214 million at the global box office. The 2010 franchise starter opened with $35 million and 2014 opened with $28 million. The first three Expendables outings have collectively grossed an impressive $800 million at the global box office.

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies