WAR PIGS (Ryan Little, 2015)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WAR PIGS (Ryan Little, 2014-2015) (in pre-production)

Postby savagesketch on 25 Sep 2014, 05:26

Jox wrote:
preacher wrote:Poor old Rourke seem to be persona non grata in studio films... Again. Is he that much of an ass to deal with?
Other actors seem to like him fine... Right?

Seems mostly that he doesn't give much shit ; and Hollywood sure isn't gonna run after him. I'm actually glad he's in the film but god his latest plastic surgery makes him look weirder and weirder, WTF...

I've also been curious to see how Rourke's face of all things will play in a WWII film. :lol: If anything, I imagine it'll be some kind of a cameo. I've read that Rourke has become a Steven Seagal of sorts, i.e. being on set for the bare minimum amount of time, refusing to do pickups and reshoots, thus forcing producers to re-dub his dialogue.
savagesketch

Postby dude hallenbeck on 06 Oct 2014, 10:59

An e-mail I received, as someone who got their money refunded, in regards to the Kickstarter being cancelled.

Luke Schuetzle says:

Hello,

My name is Raury and I am the marketer and production assistant for the movie War Pigs. I am messaging you to apologize about the cancellation of our kickstarter campaign and to give you an explanation. We had to cancel the kickstarter because of issues with some of our actor’s agents. We are extremely disappointed and are sorry that it didn’t work out as we worked hard to put it together and were excited to have the support you gave us.

This doesn’t mean that the movie isn’t going to be made. We are still set to start shooting the movie in October and hope to have it out by the summer of next year.

There is a possibility that we might still be able to do a kickstarter at a later date. If we do get another one going we will message you and let you know where to find it.

If you still wish to receive updates on the progress of the movie you can either send me your email address or like our Facebook page here -> https://www.facebook.com/warpigsmovie.

Thank you again for the support!

Sincerely,
Raury Cruse
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 06 Oct 2014, 16:05

Thanks. I didn't even have time to participate.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 07 Oct 2014, 07:42

I was lucky for it to have come up on my day off. If it had been a day later, I wouldn't have had a chance either.
dude hallenbeck

Postby TEMIRLAN on 08 Oct 2014, 18:28

dude hallenbeck wrote:An e-mail I received, as someone who got their money refunded, in regards to the Kickstarter being cancelled.

Luke Schuetzle says:

Hello,

My name is Raury and I am the marketer and production assistant for the movie War Pigs. I am messaging you to apologize about the cancellation of our kickstarter campaign and to give you an explanation. We had to cancel the kickstarter because of issues with some of our actor’s agents. We are extremely disappointed and are sorry that it didn’t work out as we worked hard to put it together and were excited to have the support you gave us.

This doesn’t mean that the movie isn’t going to be made. We are still set to start shooting the movie in October and hope to have it out by the summer of next year.

There is a possibility that we might still be able to do a kickstarter at a later date. If we do get another one going we will message you and let you know where to find it.

If you still wish to receive updates on the progress of the movie you can either send me your email address or like our Facebook page here -> https://www.facebook.com/warpigsmovie.

Thank you again for the support!

Sincerely,
Raury Cruse

So what does it mean in couple of words?
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 08 Oct 2014, 18:48

That there was some disagreement with one of the actors and his agent (who probably wasn't happy to find out it or how it was handled) and therefore they had to cancel it.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 08 Oct 2014, 21:16

I would imagine it was Dolph or Rourke, or both of them. I can see why some actors wouldn't want to be associated with a kickstarter campaign. And indeed they really should know better than to not okay things with their principal cast before getting underway with such a campaign.
Tom
Regular

Postby dude hallenbeck on 11 Oct 2014, 09:09

Dolph seems intuitive enough to know Kickstarter = publicity. Rourke doesn't seem to give a shit either way. Can't imagine Goss or Lidell are that picky considering what they've made themselves.
dude hallenbeck

Postby bomaz on 11 Oct 2014, 10:49

Might just be a picky agent who would have wanted this in the contract instead of discovering it on the web. Maybe the actors don't even know about it.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 11 Oct 2014, 16:25

dude hallenbeck wrote:Dolph seems intuitive enough to know Kickstarter = publicity.

Publicity or not their video was lame and amateurish: 30 something producer looking like a typical American guy his age, shot on a shooting range for no justified reason (they don't make use of it other than he has a machine gun sitting there) talking like we were having a beer at a party and he's telling how he has this "really cool" project with a "really cool" cast...

I understand them being busy prepping the movie but that's not very convincing (coming from filmmakers who could have at least make a video look good and edit it a little): doesn't make it look great even though the film could be.

I think like many people these days who jump on the wagon, they probably overestimated the power of crowdfunding and thought they could getaway with it easy with the project AND the cast when some successful campaigns come out of nowhere...
bomaz wrote:Maybe the actors don't even know about it.

I believe they didn't, or else they wouldn't have to shut it down because they wouldn't have had the chance to launch i, at least not like that.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 13 Oct 2014, 09:21

Jox wrote:I understand them being busy prepping the movie but that's not very convincing (coming from filmmakers who could have at least make a video look good and edit it a little): doesn't make it look great even though the film could be.

I actually didn't see the video. But aside from Enemy of Man, which had a concept trailer, other movies I've contributed to had similarly amauerish videos, especially Reach Me.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 13 Oct 2014, 09:26

You can still watch it here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... m-war-pigs

I think REACH ME's campaign videos were highly professional in comparison.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dida on 13 Oct 2014, 12:47

Jox wrote:You can still watch it here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... m-war-pigs

I think REACH ME's campaign videos were highly professional in comparison.

So Luke Goss is also in this one?
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Tom on 13 Oct 2014, 13:06

I checked out one of the Saints And Soldiers films. It was really well made. Good looking film. I think War Pigs is in good hands. But yeah, that kickstarter campaign looked like amatuer hour. Plus some actors may be reluctant to be associated with crowd funding as some may feel like it's essentially begging. Dolph's smart but I think he's an old school kind of guy. I don't think he'd necessarily go for something like crowd funding, not until it becomes a norm.
Tom
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies