WAR PIGS (Ryan Little, 2015)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WAR PIGS (Ryan Little, 2014-2015) (in pre-production)

Postby DRC2013 on 18 Sep 2014, 18:21

Speaking of crowdfunding campaigns, Tom Sizemore just started one for a movie he's making called An Honest Thief, directed by none other than Giorgio Serafini.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/an-honest-thief
DRC2013

Postby dude hallenbeck on 20 Sep 2014, 08:00

I should start a kickstarter to get back the $25 dollars I spent renting Serafini's collective films.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Tom on 20 Sep 2014, 14:48

dude hallenbeck wrote:I should start a kickstarter to get back the $25 dollars I spent renting Serafini's collective films.

Ha ha. Sounds like a good idea but I'm gonna target Die Hard 5 first.
Tom
Regular

Postby bomaz on 20 Sep 2014, 20:08

Dang, Mickey Rourke indeed (IMO, his face doesn't match a WWII era movie, but he can be a tremendous actor) And Luke Goss (good actor, here the hero), and Dolph is playing a french cap (Will you give him lessons Jox ? ;) ). Supporting caracter in well pitched movie is good (if the movie is as good as it sounds).
bomaz

Postby Tom on 20 Sep 2014, 20:40

It'll be good to see D working with Rourke, just as long as Rourke doesn't phone it in. Goss is solid too.
Tom
Regular

Postby ashleyej25 on 20 Sep 2014, 21:32

I have rarely seen Rourke phone it in and when he does hes still better than half the actors out there. Dont worry should be great :)
ashleyej25

Postby Jox on 21 Sep 2014, 00:43

https://twitter.com/warpigsallies

http://www.vmiworldwide.com/Production.aspx
From Ryan Little, the award-winning director of the acclaimed Saints and Soldiers trilogy, comes his latest film. The story of WW2 Army Captain Jack Wosick who is tasked to lead a rag-tag Army unit of misfits known as the War Pigs for secret raiding missions behind Nazi occupied territory. With the help of Captain Hans Picault, a German Anti-Nazi serving with the French Foreign Legion, Jack must train, lead and earn the respect of his new squad. Their mission: Kill, ambush and destroy Nazis in any capacity they can.

IN PRE-PRODUCTION - CAST TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

CAMPAIGN:
WWII action Adventure Feature Film: War Pigs
by Luke Schuetzle
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... m-war-pigs

This project will only be funded if at least $7,500 is pledged by Mon, Oct 20 2014 6:59 AM CEST.

video:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... video.html

THE STORY

At the peak of the WWII, the allies advance against Nazi Germany, a disgraced US Army Captain Jack Wosick, is "volunteered” by Major A.J. Redding to train a rag tag unit of misfit soldiers known as the “War Pigs." Jack is to prepare them for select and secret missions against one of Hitler’s super weapons: the powerful V-3. To get his unorthodox assignment accomplished Redding pairs Jack with a battle hardened German born French Legionnaire, Captain Peter Picault. Together, they are ordered to train the War Pigs into a functioning reconnaissance unit.

Training begins under the battle tested guidance of Captain Picault, but is made more difficult by Sergeant August Chambers and his lack luster belief in the Army’s officer Corp. During the training, the men use various unorthodox commando tactics including weapons training, knife fighting, observation, deception, and rule-breaking. Jack, with the help of Picault, gradually earns the respect of his new unit. Jack’s War Pigs are ready for their fight against Hitler and their mission against the Nazi Wonder Weapon and must go behind enemy lines.

Where we are at

We are stoked about the amazing cast and crew we have attached to this movie, BUT we are more excited about all of the "extras" we want to get into this movie. The "extras" are going to enhance the quality of the movie and really make it feel like you went back in time and are watching the allies kick Nazi butt!

This is where you come in!

We need your support and backing to help us get all of the cool WWII toys and reenactors into this movie!

A film of this scale requires a lot of money and we have raised a full budget through a combination of pre-sales and tax credits.

However, most of the budget is tied up into the AMAZING cast and crew we have associated with the film. We are utilizing Kickstarter to help us pay for all of the cool "extra" things we want to put into this WWII movie.

These funds will be used to pay for things like:

- Food for the reenactors. (hungry reenactors aren't happy reenactors!)
- Gas money to get reenactors to and from locations.
- Extra money to pay for more "toys," like TANKS, HALFTRACKS AND JEEPS.

(...)

So please, even if you aren't able to pledge, you can still join the War Pigs and help make this happen by tweeting, liking, and using your best war cry to tell everyone about it!
Risks and challenges
Every film, no matter how big or small, has its own unique set of challenges and War Pigs will be no different. The production team behind the project have experience, passion, and desire to see this film made. Because of this we are preparing to deal with any nasty surprises that may come up.

Every member of the production team plays a valuable role to make War Pigs a reality. We are confident that our team can make it happen.

That being said we want to make the movie as amazing and realistic as we can, which is why we are asking for your help!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 21 Sep 2014, 04:55

I put in $35. I will always back an independent film. I backed The Veronica Mars Movie, Enemy of Man and Reach Me already.
dude hallenbeck

Postby DRC2013 on 22 Sep 2014, 02:46

I would have donated, except they don't offer the movie as a reward.

I have donated to a few independent film Kickstarters and Indiegogo campaigns, but only if I get the actual final movie in return. I think it's a fair deal.

I would've gladly given them $50 for a Blu-Ray and maybe a special Thanks credit.

I don't really care for T-shirts and patches that much.

Anyways, glad they got Mickey Rourke!
DRC2013

Postby Moltisanti on 22 Sep 2014, 03:26

From piecing together the synopsis and the Kickstarter video it sounds like Goss and Lundgren are co-leads with Rourke more the "authority" figure who gives the orders.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby ashleyej25 on 22 Sep 2014, 03:27

Video was just uploaded of Mickey and Dolph having lunch yesterday at Cafe Roma. Mick says now he has to read the script! Could be for this film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pANsc4hifg0
ashleyej25

Postby ashleyej25 on 22 Sep 2014, 03:38

Moltisanti wrote:From piecing together the synopsis and the Kickstarter video it sounds like Goss and Lundgren are co-leads with Rourke more the "authority" figure who gives the orders.

yeah sounds good to me. Just want some dramatic scenes from Rourke like the brilliant monologue with Stallone in The Expendables. He was absolutely amazing. And Dolph will probably have plenty of action in this.Can't wait. Will want to see scenes with Rourke and Dolph together.
ashleyej25

Postby preacher on 22 Sep 2014, 11:36

ashleyej25 wrote:Video was just uploaded of Mickey and Dolph having lunch yesterday at Cafe Roma. Mick says now he has to read the script! Could be for this film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pANsc4hifg0

Damn! Who is that annoying asshole badgering Rourke.
This paparazzi shit is really sickening. All these trash wielding bozos deserve a smack in the mouth. And i guess we all do for buying in to it.

I am also guessing on more of a cameo from Rourke (Who just does not care it seems, he did a cameo in a Gary Daniels film for christs sake) and Dolph and Goss going co. lead.
Great cast in any case.

Poor old Rourke seem to be persona non grata in studio films... Again. Is he that much of an ass to deal with?
Other actors seem to like him fine... Right?

Mest interesting Dolph project in a while!
preacher
Regular

Postby bomaz on 22 Sep 2014, 12:31

This paparazzi went berzerk with James Chalke some time ago, shouting racist slings at another paparazzi.

As for Rourke, I really don't know, he can be a moving and incredible actor, and a terrible piece of ... well, let's say he might not chose his parts right (as for co starring gary Daniels, that's not too bad IMHO, Daniels has what looks like good flick coming soon).
bomaz

Postby Jox on 22 Sep 2014, 15:04

preacher wrote:Poor old Rourke seem to be persona non grata in studio films... Again. Is he that much of an ass to deal with?
Other actors seem to like him fine... Right?

Seems mostly that he doesn't give much shit ; and Hollywood sure isn't gonna run after him. I'm actually glad he's in the film but god his latest plastic surgery makes him look weirder and weirder, WTF...
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies