HARD NIGHT FALLING (Giorgio Bruno & Giorgio Serafini, 2019)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 4 TOWERS (James Coyne, 2014-2015) (in pre-production)

Postby Tom on 29 Sep 2014, 15:22

Willem Dafoe? That would be cool but I doubt it.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Oct 2014, 23:09

http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.fr/ ... -adds.html
Lundgren/Adkins Actioner 4 TOWERS Adds Caitlin Dechelle

It was only a matter of time before further updates would continue trickling for the forthcoming production of the new action thriller, 4 Towers following an initial report last month. Filming is soon set to begin in Italy, marking Puncture Wounds co-helmer James Coyne's solo directorial debut, with a script co-written by Coyne and Alessandro Riccardi which centers on Italy's tactical SWAT team and interpol units as they infiltrate an 11th century castle where a Serbian ex-soldier has taken a corporate dinner company hostage in an attempt to capture Mussolini's cursed gold and treasure.

The film reunites Expendables 2, Legendary and Universal Soldier: Day Of Reckoning co-stars, action legends Dolph Lundgren and Scott Adkins headling most of the action, and this week, the official word from the director himself promises the addition of a woman's touch, in the form of actress, stuntwoman and XMA purveyor Caitlin Dechelle (CZ12, Teen Wolf, Fast And Furious 7). Coyne confirmed the details of her role with Film Combat Syndicate. "I can tell you that she'll be playing a cop who is part of an international undercover unit that works with Interpol and UK's special branch." says Coyne. "She'll be involved in plenty of the action. We're really excited to have a martial artist of her caliber in the film and we're reconfiguring some things now to see more of her ability at work."

Dechelle has spent since the ages of eight and thirteen making her mark in the world of martial arts, winning up to 85 international world titles while pursuing a fruitful career in acting. She has also done some impressive work within the online action community, most recently for indie action auteur Vlad Rimburg's online hit tribute to The Raid 2, titled Hammergirl.

There's no official word yet on who is delivering the action for 4 Towers, although the production is boasting some pretty thrilling stuntwork with integral knife fighting and choreography to boot.

Actress Andrea Tidona rounds out the current cast with actor Gianni Capaldi who is also producing with Riccardi and Gianluca Varriale. Production is expected to commense on November 7 for a likely 2015 release. Stay tuned for more info!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Oct 2014, 23:48

VARGO film
A seguito di un incidente occorso al nostro producer che lo costring...erà a letto per un po’ di tempo, abbiamo deciso di rinviare le riprese del film “Four Tower", in una data che verrà trovata quando Alessandro Riccardi si ristabilirà e compatibilmente con le disponibilità degli attori principali. Grazie a tutti quelli che ci sono stati vicini e continueranno a farlo.

Google translation:
As a result of an accident suffered by our producer who costring ... was in bed for a while 'time, we decided to postpone the shooting of the film "Four Tower," a date that will be found when Alessandro Riccardi will be restored and Depending on the availability of the main actors. Thanks to all those who were close to us and will continue to do so.

With THE LAKE also seemingly postponed, the one that has is more likely to start filming is WAR PIGS (before the end of the month I think)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 15 Oct 2014, 03:30

Don't wish injury to anybody, but I'm fine if this one quietly falls through the cracks.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby dude hallenbeck on 15 Oct 2014, 07:27

Well, I hope it's something that can heal up and not linger. Could be a blessing in disguise for us as long as Alessandro Riccardi wasn't hurt too much.

As for The Lake, I'm still echoing Jox's uncertainty about it being a character peice or a Z grade sharknado film. Hopefully the delay helps it become more the former than the latter.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Tom on 15 Oct 2014, 11:22

I wouldn't be too bothered about any of these falling through really, except for War Pigs. Having seen one of the Saints And Soldiers films I think that one is in good hands and the idea could play to D's strengths.

In theory I like the ideas for The Lake (if done right) and 4 Towers, but I'm not confident in how they're gonna be delivered.

After seeing the trailer for Skin Trade I want Dolph doing more stuff like that and Unisol 4. Films that really look like they should be on the big screen, even if they don't quite make it. I want him to push ahead with Nordic Light rather than doing Z movies. But I guess much like Skin Trade, he's gotta do some shit to pay the bills before he moves onto better stuff.

What I'd also love to see is Dolph teaming up with Wesley on something too.
Tom
Regular

Postby DRC2013 on 16 Oct 2014, 03:38

Out of all the new projects 4 Towers is the one I'm least stoked about.

The synopsis is kinda confusing, and it sounds like it might be another shorter villain role like in Stash House.

The Lake sounds interesting, but I fear it will evolve into a SYFY channel shark movie of the week.

I'm really hoping Skintrade will be a success that would hopefully lead to more quality movies like that.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 16 Oct 2014, 17:07

Tom wrote:After seeing the trailer for Skin Trade I want Dolph doing more stuff like that and Unisol 4.

Obviously these sort of projects and offers don't come everyday and have to come from people like himself or real artistic directors like John Hyams who will push to have these films made otherwise most producers and financiers don't seem to make the difference. Look at even more acclaimed actors they don't get their best roles and movies all the time. I think the problem also comes from doing business in L.A. were everybody is in for the money, New York might have more intellectually driven and smart people willing to take risks (even though that would mean a smaller paycheck), I mean some of the best indie producers are in New York not LA...
Tom wrote:What I'd also love to see is Dolph teaming up with Wesley on something too.

He'd like that too, Wesley was one of his first choices as a co-star in SKIN TRADE when he wrote the script, and it seems Snipes really enjoyed meeting him on EX3. Dolph tried to get him for a part after EX3, but that didn't pan out obviously.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 17 Oct 2014, 09:24

It's networking too. I'm sure it was obvious from the outset Expendables 3 would be terrible, but to turn it down would shut more doors than it would open.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 17 Oct 2014, 10:02

Not necessarily, at least not admitedly from the cast & crew point of view or Dolph's back then, because you know it's hard to think or admit that what you're currently working on is crap. So even though he had an instinct about it and would have liked a darker path for Gunnar and such, he always try to see the positive on set (otherwise there's no point getting up in the morning, things are hard enough), and Patrick Hughes really was on his game (even if it doesn't show in the final cut). Not mentioning he was in the middle of the SAF3 debacle he had shot part of (obviously pissed about) and would resume after EX3...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Oct 2014, 14:17

Writer producer 16mins interview (in Italian)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2014, 12:37

According to this, Willem Dafoe is indeed supposed to play Antonio Stirani, the owner of the castle and president Four Towers corporation who will be become one of the hostages
http://www.quotidianodipuglia.it/lecce/ ... 5597.shtml
http://www.salentome.it/archives/arriva ... ro-colonne
Jox
Site Admin

Re: FOUR TOWERS (James Coyne, 2014-2015) (in pre-production)

Postby Tom on 25 Oct 2014, 12:49

That would be quite an awesome piece of casting right there.
Tom
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies