LARCENY (R. Ellis Frazier, 2016)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

LARCENY (R. Ellis Frazier, 2016)

Postby Jox on 23 Jun 2015, 17:18

While REPEATER has never seen the light of day and is still in Hannibal Pictures line-up, they made a couple movies with director R. Ellis Frazier (MISFIRE, RUMBLE) and usual writer Benjamin Budd and got a new project lined-up with Dolph. That said, a lot of their projects never get made. SHARK LAKE's Michael Tadross Jr, Danny Roth and Damiano Tucci of Parkside Pictures join Richard Rionda Del Castro from Hannibal to exec produce the film.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/dolph ... 201525815/

Dolph Lundgren Starring in Thriller ‘Larceny’

Dolph Lundgren will star in the action-heist thriller “Larceny,” Variety has learned exclusively.

R. Ellis Frazier (“Misfire”) is directing from a script by Benjamin Budde (“Misfire,” “Dead Drop”), which follows a former-operative-turned-professional-thief (Lundgren) contracted by the CIA to break into the safe at Mexico’s top secret Guantanamo Bay-style prison facility and steal sensitive information being stored there.

All hell breaks loose when the local cartel boss, whose millions in confiscated cash is also being stored in the safe, sends waves of thugs and professionals to siege the facility and steal back the money.

Producers are R. Ellis Frazier, Justin Nesbitt and Geoffrey Ross for Badhouse Studios Mexico. Executive producers are Michael Tadross Jr. of Tadross Media Group, Danny Roth and Damiano Tucci of Parkside Pictures, and Richard Rionda Del Castro of Hannibal Pictures, which has acquired the worldwide sales rights to the project.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: LARCENY (R. Ellis Frazier, 2015) (announced)

Postby Tom on 23 Jun 2015, 18:45

This is one of those ideas that could be good if done right. Like the Defender. But I imagine it probably won't have the budget to do it justice.
The director isn't too bad though. For the budgets his films look okay. They just tend to be really underfinanced. Misfire was well made but really meandered.

It's a slight step up from some of his recent films (potentially) but I wouldn't expect much. I'd be interested to see if Daniels joins the cast though, as he's done several films with Frazier now.
Tom
Regular

Postby bomaz on 23 Jun 2015, 20:19

As nice as he seems, I don't think Daniels has fond memories of Dolph (according to some interviews).

As for the project, well, as you said, it would deserve a little budget upgrade in comparison of last Fraziers' efforts.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 23 Jun 2015, 22:05

bomaz wrote:As nice as he seems, I don't think Daniels has fond memories of Dolph (according to some interviews).

No, it's just how RETROGRADE turned out and his role changed and got smaller which he can be bitter about. I spent quite some (quality) time with both Dolph and Daniels on my EX1 visit, and I could tell they are genuinely, simply, like good old friends (and not just polite).

A proper team up between the two could work well, I think they'd have good chemistry (I think more than Luke Goss for instance, who did DEAD DROP with Frazier).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 24 Jun 2015, 10:29

R. Ellis Frazier is a good storyteller and gets good performances. But I think he's better with crime drama than straight action.

I do hope Andy Garcia who collaborates frequently with Frazier, shows up for this one. It'd be great to see Dolph do scenes with him.
dude hallenbeck

Postby bomaz on 24 Jun 2015, 12:17

Jox wrote:
bomaz wrote:As nice as he seems, I don't think Daniels has fond memories of Dolph (according to some interviews).

No, it's just how RETROGRADE turned out and his role changed and got smaller which he can be bitter about. I spent quite some (quality) time with both Dolph and Daniels on my EX1 visit, and I could tell they are genuinely, simply, like good old friends (and not just polite).

That's a relief, a new proper collaboration between these two would be awesome :D

(I'm probably the only person on earth who really like Daniel's North Star)
bomaz

Postby Jox on 24 Jun 2015, 12:19

dude hallenbeck wrote:I do hope Andy Garcia who collaborates frequently with Frazier, shows up for this one. It'd be great to see Dolph do scenes with him.

Yeah that'd be great! I haven't seen them but weren't his films with Andy Garcia a bit more ambitious and with better productiuon value? Thing is Hannibal Pictures seems to be a struggling company (a lot of the projects they announce never get off the ground - doubt they pull off their John McTiernan ones) so they probably don't finance their films with a lot of money. The good news is Frazier is now well acustomed to shooting his films in Mexico, so his experience there should profit the project despite the budget.

bomaz wrote:(I'm probably the only person on earth who really like Daniel's North Star)

I must say I've never seen it (as I both liked and hated the anime) but I think it has its fans.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 24 Jun 2015, 12:29

I've seen one film he wrote, La Linea and one hire wrote/directed Across the Line. Both of them felt like Joe Carnahan's NARC, but focused in the world of Mexico. Imagine what stuff like Ambushed and Blood of Redemption would be like if the writers knew how to write characters and story.

I haven't seen Rumble or Misfire, but they weren't from Hannibal Pictures, they where from Badhouse Studios http://www.imdb.com/company/co0431931/?ref_=ttco_co_1 who have only financed Dead Drop, Misfire and Rumble.

His earlier ones where from Project One http://www.imdb.com/company/co0214449?ref_=tt_dt_co.

I presume Hannibal Pictures would actually get them higher budget than either of those two companies, but I don't know about their current finance troubles.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Tom on 25 Jun 2015, 02:38

Rumble looks pretty good.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Jun 2015, 19:00

dude hallenbeck wrote:I haven't seen Rumble or Misfire, but they weren't from Hannibal Pictures, they where from Badhouse Studios http://www.imdb.com/company/co0431931/?ref_=ttco_co_1 who have only financed Dead Drop, Misfire and Rumble.

His earlier ones where from Project One http://www.imdb.com/company/co0214449?ref_=tt_dt_co.

They're both executive produced, co-financed by Richard Rionda del Castro and distributed internationally by Hannibal Pictures.
http://www.hannibalpictures.com/films
Their first project together was the aborted REPEATER (with DL and MJW).

Project One is R. Ellis Frazier's company name.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: LARCENY (R. Ellis Frazier, 2015-2016) (announced/pre-pro

Postby Jox on 03 Sep 2015, 16:21

R. Ellis Frazier
Weds sunset from the terrace in beautiful Baja, Mex. Working. Prepping LARCENY. Appreciating the wonderful life I have. #bajafilmcommunity #mexico #expatlifestyle

https://instagram.com/p/7Jxk92txK_/

LARCENY debuts pre-sales at Toronto festival film market, here is a full synopsis (possible spoilers)
http://www.cinando.com/DefaultControlle ... IdF=220771
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Sep 2015, 13:46

I was about to say LARCENY is about to start filming in Mexico and here is a piece in the news:
http://thefulano.space/forum/showthread.php?tid=18226
A new movie with Russian actor Dolph Lundgren, the adversary of Sylvester Stallone in the Rocky movie, will be filmed in Rosarito in the next few days. The filming period will be September 28 to October 28.

The locations will be at the Baja Studios and probably some sites in the city.

This was announced by the Tourism representative, Gustavo Torres Ramírez, after recognizing the position that Rosarito has achieved in the film industry, thanks to the facilities and hospitality offered to the producers.

The new film will be called "Larceny" and will be produced by the Bad House Studios company, before Project One Film.

"We chose Rosarito because actor Dolph Lundgren likes the city a lot, and has made six or seven films here. He is very happy to come once again to work in Rosarito," said Miguel Angel Saldaña, location manager and line producer.
(I'll pass on the calling Dolph a Russian but also the fact that he would have made 5 or 6 movies in Mexico since he only did a commercial over there.)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 26 Sep 2015, 20:58

According to Imdb, Corbin Bernsen joined. Dolph should mind his teeth.
bomaz

Re: LARCENY (R. Ellis Frazier, 2015-2016) (pre-production)

Postby Moltisanti on 30 Sep 2015, 21:03

Moltisanti
Regular

Re: LARCENY (R. Ellis Frazier, 2015-2016) (pre-production)

Postby dude hallenbeck on 01 Oct 2015, 05:47

I presume it's another 15 day shooting job, but at the very least what it will lack in production Frazier will make up in a decent script.
dude hallenbeck

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies