KINDERGARTEN COP 2 (Don Michael Paul, 2015)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: KINDERGARTEN COP 2 (Don Michael Paul, 2015) (completed)

Postby dude hallenbeck on 19 Feb 2016, 08:15

Raising a fake outrage about bullshit is what gets clicks these days.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Tom on 19 Feb 2016, 19:57

The full trailer doesn't really sell me to be honest. It looks pretty lazy. I mean being a comedy, and if you can't even get some funny bits cobbled together for your trailer, that's a bad sign. That said, if it's at least got some kind of sense of fun it will be more watchable than garbage like Shark Lake. Dolph doesn't look comfortable with this kind of comedy at all though.
Tom
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 22 Feb 2016, 20:17

Tom wrote:The full trailer doesn't really sell me to be honest. It looks pretty lazy. I mean being a comedy, and if you can't even get some funny bits cobbled together for your trailer, that's a bad sign. That said, if it's at least got some kind of sense of fun it will be more watchable than garbage like Shark Lake. Dolph doesn't look comfortable with this kind of comedy at all though.

I don't know if I agree with this entirely... To be honest, from the brief trailer, I thought he looked quite confident and comfortable with comedy. This is not to say I'd like this to be his new foray or anything, but to me, he seems more comfortable in something as goofy and silly as this, rather than SHARK LAKE, which took itself WAY too seriously.

Even still, it's great too see D star in a Universal production. I'm holding out hope that this could open the doors for some more projects with Universal... albeit DTV sequels, like JARHEAD, DEATH RACE, or SCORPION KING. Not great, but these dtv projects still get publicity. Hate to say it, but I'd much rather see D in something like KC2 or JARHEAD than garbage like RIOT, BOR, AMBUSHED, etc. These Universal products at least have the appearance of actual movies.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 22 Feb 2016, 21:54

savagesketch wrote:Hate to say it, but I'd much rather see D in something like KC2 or JARHEAD than garbage like RIOT, BOR, AMBUSHED, etc. These Universal products at least have the appearance of actual movies.

Yeah, and for instance however good or bad this will be, they hire people with a minimum track record, for instance writer & director David H. Steinberg and Don Michael Paul are not newbies and have been on bigger movies prior.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 22 Feb 2016, 23:18

I'd definitely like to see D in more of these sequels, but perhaps ones more tailored to him. I'm not sure family comedy will ever be Dolph's thing. He'd have been great in Hard Target 2. That one in particular seems to have been treated well. Good cast, good director and Woo on board as producer (regardless of how involved he'll end up being).
There's something intriguingly terrible about the KC2 trailer. Like a car crash that has to be seen. I guess that beats something like Shark Lake that just looked outright terrible. I'm hoping there will be some novelty value here and the same goes for Don't Kill It and Welcome To The Willits.
And one thing KC2 has going for it, is Dolph is prime focus in the lead.

But still, a few good action sequels with reasonable budgets wouldn't go amiss. I'd love to see him on board the Maniac Cop remake. Dolph could do a good Commando 2 I reckon as well. I'm sure Universal, as well as 1-2 other companies will possibly look at DTV sequel cash in's in the near future. They appear to be coming back into fashion again. Possibly one great option would be an Expendables DTV expansion which is probably the natural way to continue that franchise (as they're effectively giant DTV level films anyway). Dolph, Randy and Terry for example could headline a spin off.
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 22 Feb 2016, 23:19

Ha ha. That may well be after the weekend I get married. That would be quite the marriage gift! ha ha
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Feb 2016, 23:38

:lol: Screening for all the guests at the wedding ! (or option 2 with your bride on your honeymoon)

Tom wrote: I'm hoping there will be some novelty value here and the same goes for Don't Kill It and Welcome To The Willits.
And one thing KC2 has going for it, is Dolph is prime focus in the lead.

DON'T KILL IT and LARCENY seem the closest to being classic DL-trademarked flicks.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 23 Feb 2016, 01:20

I've not introduced the Mrs to the joys of Lundgren just yet. ha ha
Tom
Regular

Postby Leigh2704 on 23 Feb 2016, 03:33

I'll say this about it; it doesn't look like it's going to be Kubrick, but it looks fairly expensive and pretty slick, Don Michael Paul is really finding his mojo in this market (Tremors was remarkably polished given it's DTV home), Dolph looks surprisingly comfortable in this kind of piece, and he's now on the radar of Universal, arguably the best major studio making films for the burgeoning VOD market (certainly steps above Fox). At this level of moviemaking, I see only positives coming from this.
Leigh2704

Postby shooby on 23 Feb 2016, 12:43

Jox wrote:US back cover:

cladding session for teacher Dolph : the news vision for doing planks lol
Last edited by shooby on 26 Aug 2017, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
shooby

Postby Jox on 24 Feb 2016, 16:07

New stills

Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 14.02.38.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 14.02.38.png (218.5 KiB) Viewed 9299 times
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 25 Feb 2016, 22:45

Hey, he got an exec producer credit :lol:
At least, the promo with promo pictures is looking good.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 26 Feb 2016, 11:26

bomaz wrote:Hey, he got an exec producer credit :lol:

I haven't asked him about those but I think he could have started to get those honorary credits a long time ago had he went for them or had a better manager or agent back then. Interestingly he mostly gets those credits on some of the weakest productions --STASH HOUSE, Serafini trilogy, SHARK LAKE-- meaning the deal must gives him a more satisfying financial compensation, with like residuals instead of a full fee).
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies