KINDERGARTEN COP 2 (Don Michael Paul, 2015)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: KINDERGARTEN COP 2 (Don Michael Paul, 2015) (filming)

Postby Jox on 16 Aug 2015, 22:59

No, I'm totally making this up on pure speculation based on the banters I've witnessed and heard of between the two (with Arnold starting off by making remarks on Dolph's size, abs, and guns) :lol:

EDIT:
Someone nicknamed mjcoz2001, who post strange and unverifiable trivia factoids on IMDB, wrote this anecdote, which is to take with a pinch of salt...
Original casting

While casting this film, Ryan Kemp the second script writer and co editor played a huge role. Kemp, of "Dude Productions" originally wanted a minority to play the role that eventually went to Dolph Lundgren. Kemp, was heavily criticized for his roll in the down fall of Pat Morita, as a result of his scripting of the 1980's smash hit show "Ohara". While on set of Ohara, Kemp and Morita were at odds over the shows tone and language use. Now, almost 30 years later Kemp is trying to reinvent himself, and market films to a more urban audience. Time will tell if he is successful. A great example of Kemp writing genius can be found in the smash hit mini series "Robocop: Prime Directives."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4763168/boa ... /247247427
Jox
Site Admin

Postby DRC2013 on 17 Aug 2015, 11:36

savagesketch wrote:
DRC2013 wrote:
-Since it's a Universal DTV production it will at least look like a real movie, since most studio DTV sequels I have seen have had pretty decent production values.

This is really the only high point for me on this one. Dolph has never starred in a Universal production. And yes, they are a large producing conglomerate. Add to the fact that the DTV market isn't what it used to be, I imagine this'll be a fairly large DTV release. This could open some doors for Dolph with Universal and provide him with some decent opportunities. One can hope...

Funny you should say that, since they just announced that NBC is working on a TV show based on the RED movies and comic books, the Bruce Willis/Helen Mirren/John Malkovich actioner about retired agents.

Universal and NBC are both owned by NBC Universal.

I liked the first RED quite a bit, but thought the second one was lacking partly because of sleepwalking Bruce Willis, but if they can emulate the first movie in the possible TV show it could be a lot of fun, and an ideal project for Dolph.

So best case scenario, Kindergarten Cop 2 turns out good, Dolph does great, meets people at NBC Universal, NBC picks up RED the TV show, the brass at NBC now know Dolph and figure he'd be good for the show and cast him for a part.

Hey, one can dream, right? :wink:
DRC2013

Postby dolphage on 17 Aug 2015, 13:03

Jox wrote:Someone nicknamed mjcoz2001, who post strange and unverifiable trivia factoids on IMDB, wrote this anecdote, which is to take with a pinch of salt...
Original casting

That's weird. I just read all of his comments on IMDB and they're all critiques of this Ryan Kemp guy. Ex-girlfriend, maybe :lol:

DRC2013 wrote:
savagesketch wrote:
DRC2013 wrote:
So best case scenario, Kindergarten Cop 2 turns out good, Dolph does great, meets people at NBC Universal, NBC picks up RED the TV show, the brass at NBC now know Dolph and figure he'd be good for the show and cast him for a part.

Hey, one can dream, right? :wink:

Is DL old enough/old looking enough?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Aug 2015, 19:57

Universal felt necessary to send out a press release to confirm the on-going production:
From Universal 1440 Entertainment: Kindergarten Cop 2

PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY BEGINS IN VANCOUVER ON THE NEXT CHAPTER OF THE FAMILY HIT FRANCHISE THAT EARNED OVER $200 MILLION AT THE WORLDWIDE BOX OFFICE

STARRING DOLPH LUNDGREN AND BILL BELLAMY THE HILARIOUS ACTION-COMEDY IS THE LATEST EXCLUSIVE TO HOME ENTERTAINMENT RELEASE FROM UNIVERSAL 1440 ENTERTAINMENT

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Aug. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- A no-nonsense undercover agent meets his match when he poses as a teacher at a progressive elementary school in Kindergarten Cop 2, an all-new movie coming exclusively to home entertainment in 2016 from Universal 1440 Entertainment. A fish-out-of-water tale with laughs for the entire family, the film stars Dolph Lundgren (The Expendables 3, Workaholics) and Bill Bellamy (White Collar, Royal Pains). Kindergarten Cop 2 started filming in Vancouver on July 27.

"Kindergarten Cop grossed over $200 million worldwide and has been entertaining audiences of all ages," said Glenn Ross, General Manager and Executive Vice President, Universal 1440 Entertainment. "In this exciting reboot, we introduce a unique blend of humor and action to the next generation of viewers, as well as share a reimagined version of the story with longtime fans who have made this an enduring family favorite."

Kindergarten Cop 2 stars Dolph Lundgren and Bill Bellamy along with an adorable batch of young actors. The film is directed by Don Michael Paul (Jarhead 2: Field of Fire, Tremors 5: Bloodlines), from a script by David H. Steinberg (American Pie 2, Miss Dial) and produced by Mike Elliott (The Scorpion King 4: Quest for Power, Death Race 3: Inferno).

SYNOPSIS

Assigned to recover sensitive stolen data, a gruff FBI agent (Dolph Lundgren) goes undercover as a kindergarten teacher, but the school's liberal, politically correct environment is more than he bargained for.

#KinderCop2

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 29309.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 19 Aug 2015, 05:12

The quirky combination of star and project generated more buzz than they expected I guess.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 19 Aug 2015, 11:39

They didn't even expect the news to become public now/yet...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 22 Aug 2015, 12:45

If it started around 22nd of july, and the movie still being shot, it means a month of shooting (at least, maybe some more days), so it's a bit reassuring.
bomaz

Postby Travis on 22 Aug 2015, 17:22

I have to admit, I have almost given up on Dolph movies. They are just so bad and uninteresting and have pretty much become unwatchable to me.

This one actually has me excited though and I think it could be a move in the right direction for Dolph. I am happy for him and he seems to be having some renewed success and luck like with the Muscle & Fitness cover.
I actually wonder if that helped him get this movie.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 23 Aug 2015, 23:04

Travis wrote:he seems to be having some renewed success and luck like with the Muscle & Fitness cover.
I actually wonder if that helped him get this movie.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Muscle & Fitness cover.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Aug 2015, 10:43

The set production office is under "Where's Arnold Productions Inc"...

Aleks Paunovic ‏@alekspaun
And that's a wrap on #KindergartenCop2 #ItsNautATomah
Jox
Site Admin

Re: KINDERGARTEN COP 2 (Don Michael Paul, 2015) (in post-pro

Postby bomaz on 13 Sep 2015, 20:38

Good to see they hired an experimented DOP (he worked on Pascal Laugier's The Sceret and french movie Enragés which seems to have more than descent cinematography).
bomaz

Postby Jox on 07 Oct 2015, 16:51

Keeping up with Aleks Paunovic
(who already was in IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2)
RP: Outside of the indie scene, you’re also working on Kindergarten Cop 2. What’s the experience been like for you?

PAUNOVIC: I’m super excited. I was such a fan of the first Kindergarten Cop, and now I get to play one of the leads of Kindergarten Cop 2. I play this Russian guy named Zogu, and Dolph Lundgren is playing the Arnold Schwarzenegger character, and the best part of it is that it’s just super fun. There are so many kids! It’s fun: I get to use an Eastern European accent, I get to play, and I get to be in a movie franchise that I love, so that was a huge thing.

http://www.westender.com/arts-culture/r ... -1.2069412
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 09 Oct 2015, 00:29

BTW: Totally loving his hairstyle in the photos in the beginning of this thread. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2015, 13:25

Haha, I almost forgot the Dolph's hair used to be one of the main topics here :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 09 Oct 2015, 14:01

Ahaha, that's a point I've never paid attention to :oops:
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies