FEMALE FIGHT CLUB / F. F. SQUAD (Miguel A. Ferrer, 2016)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FEMALE FIGHT CLUB/FFC (Miguel A. Ferrer, 2016) (post-pro

Postby Travis on 03 Nov 2015, 18:58

I wish Dolph would just find another way to make money. No one in Hollywood will take him seriously when he does work like this and I think this is the kind of thing that could prevent him from getting better stuff. Dolph has never been known for quality work but this is ridiculous.
Travis
Regular

Re: FEMALE FIGHT CLUB / FFC (Miguel Ferrer, 2016) (in post-p

Postby bomaz on 05 Nov 2015, 14:13

Jox wrote:Sean Faris (STASH HOUSE, NEVER BACK DOWN), Cortney Palm and adult star Jesse Jane are also in it.

Jesse Jane, who had a part in Step Up music video by Drowning Pool, which was the main title on the soundtrack for the Punisher movie with Thomas Jane. There's no coincidence mate ! :lol:
bomaz

Postby S_Tupid on 06 Nov 2015, 01:35

Travis wrote:I wish Dolph would just find another way to make money. No one in Hollywood will take him seriously when he does work like this and I think this is the kind of thing that could prevent him from getting better stuff. Dolph has never been known for quality work but this is ridiculous.

Dolph is being like a prostitute.
S_Tupid

Postby whiteandblank on 06 Nov 2015, 12:43

S_Tupid wrote:
Travis wrote:I wish Dolph would just find another way to make money. No one in Hollywood will take him seriously when he does work like this and I think this is the kind of thing that could prevent him from getting better stuff. Dolph has never been known for quality work but this is ridiculous.

I think this a little unfair to be honest. What roles has he been offered lately that he turned down that could have got him better roles? The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (which I personally felt he should have taken) maybe?

He is a working actor, and hitting 60 now, he isn't going to get leading man roles anymore. He probably gets a fair amount of money for a 2 or 3 day shoot and hes done. Its decent money really if you think about it.

I personally think he should start directing more now.
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby TEMIRLAN on 06 Nov 2015, 13:20

Dolph Trejo!
TEMIRLAN

Postby S_Tupid on 06 Nov 2015, 21:47

whiteandblank wrote:
S_Tupid wrote:

I think this a little unfair to be honest. What roles has he been offered lately that he turned down that could have got him better roles? The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (which I personally felt he should have taken) maybe?

He is a working actor, and hitting 60 now, he isn't going to get leading man roles anymore. He probably gets a fair amount of money for a 2 or 3 day shoot and hes done. Its decent money really if you think about it.

I personally think he should start directing more now.

He could be in leading roles if went for it. Like in starting time when he was in 1 film in a year.

If about money then maybe if he changed life to like in starting time again then he could do 1 film in a year again.

If more money is wanted now for life now. Then that is cause of lots of little films in a year.

Now doing lot of films in a year. So aim is changed.

No aim just everyday work like a prostitute.
S_Tupid

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2015, 00:52

whiteandblank wrote:I personally think he should start directing more now.

Directing takes a year or two so that's a big commitment. And since the debacles on ICARUS and SKIN TRADE he's being more cautious not to rush things if the stars aren't aligned, not mentioning the projects he wants to do usually don't always get all the support they need from the business as people either want to cheapen them or think they're not commercial enough (even SKIN TRADE, where basically they would have taken out its heart to make it just a run-of-the-mill action flick, and to an extent it has been a little)...

S_Tupid wrote:He could be in leading roles if went for it. Like in starting time when he was in 1 film in a year.
That's easy to say...

Enough. Most people take a job not because it's their dream job but because they gives them a paycheck, does that make them prostitutes? Do you call your friends and family prostitutes?
He's not a huge star and the business and economy have changed drastically, and just because he's somewhat famous doesn't mean anything. Don't get fooled by the stardust of what you think you know based on the limited spectrum of the spotlights.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby S_Tupid on 07 Nov 2015, 01:57

Jox wrote:
S_Tupid wrote:He could be in leading roles if went for it. Like in starting time when he was in 1 film in a year.
That's easy to say...

So what you saying. You saying he cannot get main part in at least 1 little budget movie in 1 year these times even if he try. Like he did in the starting time.

Jox wrote:

Enough. Most people take a job not because it's their dream job but because they gives them a paycheck, does that make them prostitutes? Do you call your friends and family prostitutes?
He's not a huge star and the business and economy have changed drastically, and just because he's somewhat famous doesn't mean anything. Don't get fooled by the stardust of what you think you know based on the limited spectrum of the spotlights.

I mean. He does work which he does not really need to do it. Maybe does it because of change in life or unknown reason which he need more money. It is not like he is like a hungry starting actor.

I think he has more or same money per year as like in starting time. It is not like normal people jobs who spend about the same money they make per week in normal job. He has some money saved so he do not need to go to some work everyday to get some money to last him to the end of the week.
S_Tupid

Postby DRC2013 on 07 Nov 2015, 13:02

None of us know his financial situation.

But since he takes these little roles in these small movies where he only works a couple of days I think it's safe to assume that he does them mainly for the paychecks.

Most working actors, even the big, big A-listers have to keep working. Very few can actually turn down work. Actors who live in LA (where it's very expensive) have to keep cashflow coming in to finance their lifestyle. The bigger the star the bigger the expenses.

With Dolph he lives in a nice house, maybe has a house or two in other places, maybe has a mortgage or two, he had a divorce, he has kids who I'm sure he likes them to get a good education, and he likes to keep living a certain comfortable lifestyle. For that he needs money, and that means he has to keep working, and they can't all be winners.

Just read an article on Danny Trejo and it said that he has several of his friends and family members on payroll, one is his personal driver, one an assistant, so he needs to keep working to pay all those people and himself. And he's one of those actors who don't care about the quality of the project, if you pay him his day rate he'll show up.

It's not easy for the old 80's and 90's stars who never quite broke through like the others. For example they did a "where are they now" segment on Oprah's channel and they had Lorenzo Lamas on and they showed him flying a helicopter and he very candidly said that he had to get a day job as a pilot for a helicopter tour company because the acting roles weren't paying the bills anymore.

Many of the DTV names from 90's have day jobs now, Daniel Bernhardt works as a photographer and a stunt performer, Olivier Gruner also flies a helicopter and also I think works as a personal trainer.

At least Dolph is better off then those guys and still has some quality control and he hasn't turned into another Eric Roberts who probably answers his phone with "I'll do it" without even hearing who's calling.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2015, 13:52

S_Tupid wrote:I mean. He does work which he does not really need to do it.

I think he has more or same money per year as like in starting time. I think he has more or same money per year as like in starting time.

He has some money saved so he do not need to go to some work everyday to get some money to last him to the end of the week.

And you know because you're his financial adviser or his accountant?
It is not like normal people jobs who spend about the same money they make per week in normal job.
It's actually the same at totally different scale, because everything from a simple cup of coffee gets so much more expensive it's like another reality, plus additional business and personal expenses most people don't have that are not luxuries, people trying to make more money out of you just because you're a celebrity so they charge more for services. So money and goes very fast and the ratio of expensive is far heavier and not necessarily because they throw money out the window. I know D is very cautious about what he spends and pays for. Remember many big celebrities have died being broke and anonymous by the end of their lives...

DRC2013 wrote:None of us know his financial situation.

But since he takes these little roles in these small movies where he only works a couple of days I think it's safe to assume that he does them mainly for the paychecks.

Most working actors, even the big, big A-listers have to keep working. Very few can actually turn down work. Actors who live in LA (where it's very expensive) have to keep cashflow coming in to finance their lifestyle. The bigger the star the bigger the expenses.

With Dolph he lives in a nice house, maybe has a house or two in other places, maybe has a mortgage or two, he had a divorce, he has kids who I'm sure he likes them to get a good education, and he likes to keep living a certain comfortable lifestyle. For that he needs money, and that means he has to keep working, and they can't all be winners.

Just read an article on Danny Trejo and it said that he has several of his friends and family members on payroll, one is his personal driver, one an assistant, so he needs to keep working to pay all those people and himself. And he's one of those actors who don't care about the quality of the project, if you pay him his day rate he'll show up.

It's not easy for the old 80's and 90's stars who never quite broke through like the others. For example they did a "where are they now" segment on Oprah's channel and they had Lorenzo Lamas on and they showed him flying a helicopter and he very candidly said that he had to get a day job as a pilot for a helicopter tour company because the acting roles weren't paying the bills anymore.

Many of the DTV names from 90's have day jobs now, Daniel Bernhardt works as a photographer and a stunt performer, Olivier Gruner also flies a helicopter and also I think works as a personal trainer.

At least Dolph is better off then those guys and still has some quality control and he hasn't turned into another Eric Roberts who probably answers his phone with "I'll do it" without even hearing who's calling.
Exactly.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: FEMALE FIGHT CLUB / FFC (Miguel A. Ferrer, 2016) (post-p

Postby Jox on 20 Nov 2015, 12:24

http://thebusinessoffilmdaily.com/Bumpe ... D3_S2.html

Didn't know Amy Johnston was Scarlett Johansson's double on CAPTAIN AMERICA.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 22 Nov 2015, 03:57

It's been made obvious by those who work with him, that Bruce Willis hates acting by this point. But even he's still doing DTV stuff to pay the bills.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 17 Dec 2015, 18:59

Visual confirmation that this is not directed by ROBOCOP's Miguel Ferrer!
www.instragram.com/directormf

Other set pics:

with Amy Johnston

Jox
Site Admin

Re: FEMALE FIGHT CLUB / FFC (Miguel A. Ferrer, 2016) (comple

Postby bomaz on 26 Apr 2016, 13:36

It probably doesn't reflect the final product but gosh that's an efficient trailer ! :shock:
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies