"Arrow" Season 5 (various directors, 2016-2017, TV series)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: "ARROW" Season 5 (2016-2017, TV)

Postby Jox on 13 Oct 2016, 22:27

Between Dolph Lundgren on Arrow and Lance Henriksen on Legends of Tomorrow, did you guys just go through the catalog of ’80s character actors?

Klemmer: I did work on Chuck. I’ve worked with [Lou] Ferrigno, Linda Hamilton… Yeah, as children of the ’80s.

Guggenheim: I think what’s nice is we don’t start off going, “We’ve got to cast this person.” We create the character, so we write the characters and then we go, “Okay, who would be fun to have play them?” Actually, what was awesome in both the case of Lance and Dolph, they were our first choices. It was like oh, this character has to be Lance. This character has to be Dolph. Fortunately they said yes.

http://www.slashfilm.com/legends-of-tom ... klemmer/2/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Oct 2016, 20:10

Dolph should appear in 5 episodes total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 27 Oct 2016, 11:45

Teaser for episode 5 of the season which is supposed to feature Dolph's first appearance (not shown here though), airing November 2
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Oct 2016, 10:59

Sorry my bad, Dolph's first appearance is in episode 7 entitled "Vigilante" to air November 16th, here is the official plot:
DOLPH LUNDGREN “ROCKY” GUEST STARS – When the bodies of two criminals are dropped at SCPD, Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes there is a new Vigilante in Star City. The team is split about whether they should stop someone who is helping keep the city safe. Diggle (David Ramsey) is frustrated with his new situation and Thea (Willa Holland) fights for Lance (Paul Blackthorne) who confesses a shocking secret. Meanwhile, in the flashbacks, Oliver finally sits down with Konstantin Kovar (guest star Dolph Lundgren) (#507). Original airdate 11/16/2016.”

http://screenrant.com/arrow-josh-seagar ... vigilante/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 29 Oct 2016, 01:06

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/28/sp ... list-arrow

Showrunner Marc Guggenheim:
“Dolph brings so much presence,” Guggenheim says. “He really holds the screen incredibly well. It’s an enormous amount of fun to see him and Stephen [Amell] in scenes together.” As for the character, Guggenheim says, “Kovar is very much a villain certainly in the Arrow vein, which is to say he’s pretty badass, he’s pretty evil, but he, of course, does not think of himself as such. He thinks of himself as doing the right thing, which, in that sense, makes him very similar to a lot of the villains that we’ve had in the past. What is interesting about Kovar is he has a mix of intelligence and physical presence that we haven’t necessarily seen. He’s physically bigger than a lot of our villains that we’ve had in the past.”

Not being "in", feeling "too old for this" or simply not following the show makes it sound kinda dull the way the storylines/subplots are presented by websites:
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/ ... w-villains
Kovar was first mentioned back in Season 4 when Oliver's flashback friend Taiana revealed that he was menacing her village back in Russia. Oliver promised that he would free her village from Kovar's rule, and he's spent most of his time in the Season 5 flashbacks building the skills it would take to kill Kovar. His old Bratva buddy Anatoly warned Oliver that the only way that he could possibly defeat Kovar is with the backing of the Russian mob, so it makes sense that Kovar would be imposing both with his intelligence and his ginormous size.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 29 Oct 2016, 02:30

Honestly man, just do yourself a favour and skip all of this.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Axel Berntsson on 29 Oct 2016, 12:52

Im a huge Dc fan! So i cant wait to see Dolph in this! :) The show is great :)
My favorite Swedish dinner would be baby seal and whale ass in the summer. But I'd really die for some Chinese."
Axel Berntsson

Postby Jox on 29 Oct 2016, 18:38

dude hallenbeck wrote:Honestly man, just do yourself a favour and skip all of this.

I think I will ! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Axel Berntsson on 11 Nov 2016, 00:57

Just watched the first episode with Dolph! And wow!! :D He was amazing! He was just in it for a few minutes but he totaly stole the show! I never seen him act this great! He is really scary and a awesome bad guy! :) Totaly different from the Chuck show..;)

Even if you dont watch Arrow.. Do yourself a favor and watch the scene with Dolph! You wont regrett it:)

Im really looking forward to the next episode! :D
My favorite Swedish dinner would be baby seal and whale ass in the summer. But I'd really die for some Chinese."
Axel Berntsson

Postby Jox on 11 Nov 2016, 22:43

Stills for next week's episode:

Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 12 Nov 2016, 00:52

I saw his first appearance on youtube. He's doing a Russian Vito Corleone, which I loved. Seems like the media at large is enjoying him too.

http://collider.com/arrow-recap-so-it-begins/

Flashback: Meet Konstantin Kovar, Oliver Queen.

The flashbacks were — yes, I’m going to say it — one of the strongest elements of tonight’s episode. From Bomb-Making 101 With Anatoly to Oliver “going” “undercover” as a rich billionaire playboy, they weren’t the normal sigh-provoking slog they tend to be. It’s hard to tell how much of this is the fact that we know Susan Williams has information on Oliver’s Russian past and how much of it is the appearance of Konstantin Kovar, played by the charismatic Dolph Lundgren. Let’s call it 30/70, shall we?

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/11/10/arrow-so-it-begins-review

We finally met Konstantin Kovar in the flesh this week, played by none other than Ivan Drago himself, Dolph Lundgren. Lundgren may have only appeared in one scene, but he left quite an impression. Physically, he’s one of the few actors burly enough to look like he could snap Stephen Amell over his knee. And in terms of charisma and gravitas, Lundgren had plenty to spare. I’m looking forward to seeing more of this villain.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 14 Nov 2016, 02:07

Axel Berntsson wrote:He was amazing! He was just in it for a few minutes but he totaly stole the show! I never seen him act this great! He is really scary and a awesome bad guy! :) Totaly different from the Chuck show..;)

Even if you dont watch Arrow.. Do yourself a favor and watch the scene with Dolph! You wont regrett it:)

Yeah, he totally kills it.

I never watched that show before (or that kind of show), so jumping on the wagon in the 6th episode of the 5th season is demanding (the dull cast, acting and intrigues/plots) but it makes you appreciate it even more when Dolph finally makes it to the screen and takes it into a whole new dimension...! With his presence and charisma, it's like a cinema legend from another era stepping in, and I'm sorry to the cast but they sure make Dolph look like Marlon Brando next to them (not mentioning his "marked" and larger than life physique, which movie and TV stars these days totally lack)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 14 Nov 2016, 08:59

Which is perfect really, considering this probably has more eyes on it than even the Expendables films did.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 16 Nov 2016, 11:46

DOLPH LUNDGREN ON HOW KONSTANTIN KOVAR COMPARES TO IVAN DRAGO
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/15/ ... ivan-drago
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies