"Broken Sidewalk" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV pilot / short)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

"Broken Sidewalk" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV pilot / short)

Postby Jox on 30 Aug 2016, 11:19

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5801384/combined
http://www.nmfilm.com/uploads/PressRele ... _PILOT.pdf

The New Mexico Film Office Announces “Broken Sidewalk” to film in New Mexico

SANTA FE — New Mexico Film Office Director Nick Maniatis announced today that the television pilot “Broken Sidewalk” produced by Sanford Street Productions will begin production in September in Albuquerque, NM.

The production will employ approximately 20 New Mexico crew members and 2 New Mexico principal actors, including Matt Page (“Sicario”, “Lone Survivor”, “Odd Thomas”) and Alex Knight (“Sicario”, “The Guest”, “The Scorch Trials”).

Directed and produced by Aaron McPherson (“In a Dark, Dark House”) along with Sanford Street's producer team Nathan Brimmer, Adam Luaces, and Katie Neuner (“Jesus Vegas,” “Eli Moran,” “Abraham's Wake”).

"I really appreciated how New Mexico welcomed me into their film community when I began my acting career there,” said producer Nathan Brimmer. “When it came to producing my first television series, I knew that I wanted to head back to New Mexico to share the experience with them."

Starring Teri Reeves (“Once Upon a Time,” “Chicago Fire,” “Battleground”), Shaun Sipos (“Final Destination 2,” “Rampage,” “Texas Chainsaw 3D”), Challen Cates (“Big Time Rush,” “A Million Ways to Die in the West,” “Modern Family”), Matt Riedy (“Scandal,” “Mad Men,” “The Judge”), Brett Rickaby (“The Crazies,” “A Million Ways to Die in the West,” “True Blood,” “Fear The Walking Dead”), Kennedy Tucker (“Suburban Memoir,” “Christian”) and Dolph Lundgren (“Rocky IV,” “The Expendables,” “Universal Soldier”).

“Broken Sidewalk” is a dark comedy anthology series that highlights the slow decay of the American Dream.

Aaron McPherson has been Dolph's acting coach and friend for the last 5 or 6 years at least. I guess this will be a a guest star appearance.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: "BROKEN SIDEWALK" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV) (announced

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2016, 11:38

Aaron McPherson ‏@_AaronMcPherson Oct 6
Directing again. With my friend @Dolph_Lundgren
Jox
Site Admin

Re: "BROKEN SIDEWALK" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV) (announced

Postby TEMIRLAN on 09 Oct 2016, 18:41

Filming already?
TEMIRLAN

Re: "BROKEN SIDEWALK" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV) (in post-p

Postby Jox on 19 Mar 2017, 17:31

(click to widen and enlarge)
Jox
Site Admin

Re: "BROKEN SIDEWALK" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV pilot) (pos

Postby Nathan on 20 Mar 2017, 01:10

If you look at Dolph's career around the time of Agent Red you'd be forgiven for assuming the next ten years would be Dolph appearing in increasingly awful DTV schlock and while arguably films like Shark Lake really have seen Dolph scrape the bottom of his own barrel, it's been interesting post-2010 in the sense that he's been in so many things I would never have anticipated, including the Expendables franchise and several television shows. Okay so some of them aren't always what we've hoped for but Broken Sidewalk seems to be another interesting foray for Dolph, I can see Dolph becoming a TV actor with the right roles because the DTV film scene at the moment is borderline in ruins.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Re: "BROKEN SIDEWALK" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV pilot) (pos

Postby Jox on 20 Mar 2017, 13:28

I don't know much of the details on this one, I'm not sure if it's already scheduled to air anywhere yet or if it's produced on "spec", but Dolph probably just did a small guest appearance as a favour to his friend / acting coach.

What might be more of a big deal is Dolph being in Andy Samberg's HBO movie "Tour de Pharmacy" that's likely gonna be showed this spring/summer.

Nathan wrote:because the DTV film scene at the moment is borderline in ruins.

Yeah I think it's time to start mourning if you haven't already.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: "BROKEN SIDEWALK" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV pilot)(in p

Postby shooby on 13 Apr 2017, 20:28

And for the broadcast in USA/Europe ... ?
shooby

Re: "BROKEN SIDEWALK" (Aaron McPherson, 2017, TV pilot)(in p

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2017, 22:26

No idea what's the status of this but this seems like an independent pilot not linked to any channel or else.
Jox wrote:I'm not sure if it's already scheduled to air anywhere yet
Jox
Site Admin

Re: BROKEN SIDEWALK (Aaron McPherson, 2017, short)

Postby Jox on 31 May 2018, 09:10

It seems they decided to release the pilot as a 23 min short film, available to watch on the official website 8)
http://www.brokensidewalk.tv

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 07.55.39.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 07.55.39.jpg (267.51 KiB) Viewed 12222 times

Synopsis:
Pepper has given up her acting dreams and returned to her hometown, now working as a full-time waitress in a rundown diner.

Showing up for her New Year's Eve shift, Pepper deals with an unwanted proposal, a group of shiftless misfit coworkers more concerned with bathroom bong breaks and an unraveling backroom love triangle, and an ex who shows up with a long lost surprise.

When the diner is robbed, the heist goes awry. Two people are shot, more than one mystery is solved, and Pepper is left to clean up the mess.

https://filmfreeway.com/BrokenSidewalk

Behind the scenes
http://www.brokensidewalk.tv/bts.html

cast & crew
http://www.brokensidewalk.tv/cast---crew.html
Jox
Site Admin

Re: BROKEN SIDEWALK (Aaron McPherson, 2017, short film)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 31 May 2018, 11:01

so they cut some things from the movie?
TEMIRLAN

Re: BROKEN SIDEWALK (Aaron McPherson, 2017, short film)

Postby Jox on 31 May 2018, 11:28

No, it was a meant to be a TV pilot for a potential series with episodes of that duration.
They're just releasing the pilot as a short film since I guess they couldn't sell / finance the series. And it seems from the filmfreeway.com page (link above) that they're submitting it to film festivals.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: BROKEN SIDEWALK (Aaron McPherson, 2017, pilot / short fi

Postby Jox on 05 Oct 2018, 17:31

Premiered at the HollyShorts (LA, Chinese theater) and Chain NYC film (NY Chain theater) festivals on August 15 and 16th

http://www.chainfilmfestival.com/thursday-august-16

Jox
Site Admin

Re: BROKEN SIDEWALK (Aaron McPherson, 2017, pilot / short fi

Postby TEMIRLAN on 06 Oct 2018, 18:13

run time?
TEMIRLAN

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies