AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2017-2018) (in post-production)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 08 Dec 2017, 16:37

GeneralMcFaiL wrote:Is Dolph going to be wearing that mask for a lot of his scenes?

if they needed a masked character then they wouldn't hire Dolph, they just could take some noname or some tv star.
TEMIRLAN

Postby savagesketch on 08 Dec 2017, 20:50

The character in the mask is the Ocean Master, who will be played by Patrick Wilson. And while he will be wearing the mask, I imagine they'll also have quite a few scenes of him without. He's traditionally known throughout Hollywood as having a "pretty, everyman face," so no way are they going to hide that.

Dolph's character, King Nereus does not wear a mask... Though I am fearing that with all the characters involved, we may not be seeing a heck of a lot of his character.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 08 Dec 2017, 22:54

TEMIRLAN wrote:if they needed a masked character then they wouldn't hire Dolph, they just could take some noname or some tv star.

That's not necessarily true, several renown stars played masked characters because their charisma and acting would actually enhance the performance and credibility of the character, just because their masked doesn't make them puppets.

Dolph notably took the role because he gets to play quite a dramatic part, he told me.

This is how the King Nereus looks in the comics:

Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 09 Dec 2017, 05:53

thanks. also true. wow this character looks like they had dolph in mind when they were making it. if he will be someting like this then this is already great. i hope the character will not die and appears in sequels.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 13 Dec 2017, 16:11

As part of the extensive behind-the-scenes peek at how the latest DC epic was made, "Justice League: The Art of the Film" delves deep into the process of crafting the film, shining a light on all the film’s characters with commentary from the actors who play them. Momoa, for his part, opened up about what we can expect from Aquaman moving forward, now that he has technically represented the Atlanteans in the League’s fight to protect Earth from Steppenwolf’s attempted takeover:

“When we find Arthur, he’s hiding on the edges of society. He knows what his power is, but he doesn’t know how to channel it. He hasn’t accepted himself as king. He’s been running from both sides, human and Antlantean, and he’s been really that outlaw and renegade and the rebel.”

https://screenrant.com/aquaman-solo-mov ... hur-curry/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Dec 2017, 20:09

Aquaman director James Wan sinks 'ridiculous' villains rumor
http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/14/aquaman ... n-villain/

Aquaman director James Wan is ready to sink an online rumor about the villainous character lineup for his stand-alone D.C. Comics movie.

Fans have figured the film could have a total of three villains for Arthur Curry (Jason Momoa) to face: Patrick Wilson as Aquaman’s half-brother Orm (a.k.a. the Ocean Master), Abdul-Mateen as Black Manta, and Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus. But Wan says that math is off.

“This is what I’ll say: I don’t have three villains,” Wan exclusively told EW. “I think that’s ridiculous! I would never go into an origin movie with three villains. We don’t even know the main character let alone the world and its antagonist. I believe in taking baby steps.”

So … maybe two villains then?

“I want to introduce Arthur Curry in a much more emotional and powerful way, and introduce Mera played by Amber Heard, and of course there’s Nicole Kidman and Temuera Morrison playing his parents,” the Furious 7 director added. “We know Black Manta is in there, but I will say this: Patrick Wilson is the main antagonist in this film. I wouldn’t necessarily say ‘villain,’ but he’s the antagonist.”
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 15 Dec 2017, 17:42

I guess: Patrick Wilson is like Loki here. Villain/antoganist that appears in sequels. Black Manta is the villain who dies in this one.
TEMIRLAN

Postby shooby on 16 Dec 2017, 18:12

it augurs at least a sequel to this Aquaman, and that's good for nereus Lundgren ... if the first Aquaman works well, because Justice League was a commercial failure
shooby

Postby TEMIRLAN on 16 Dec 2017, 18:18

that one had tons of problem before it came out and people knew it.
TEMIRLAN

Postby shooby on 16 Dec 2017, 19:11

I have the impression that the biggest problem of DCEU called WARNER !
shooby

Postby dude hallenbeck on 18 Dec 2017, 03:09

So producers Geoff Johns and John Berg have been demoted from their positions. It's assumed CEO Kevin Tsujihara (The man who butchered Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Justice League) wont have a job after March so it's likely this movie wont have the same problems of the aforementioned films. The reason Wonder Woman ended up the way it did was that the execs where too busy ruining the other films and it slipped through the cracks.
dude hallenbeck

Postby TEMIRLAN on 18 Dec 2017, 13:01

i'm so interested to see snyder's 4 hours full verion.
TEMIRLAN

Postby dude hallenbeck on 19 Dec 2017, 08:33

Snyder's original BvS cut was 4 hours, Man of Steel was 3 1/2 hours. I would love to see those cuts. I happen to think the Ultimate Edition of BvS is brilliant as it is, so I can only imagine what else is missing from the film.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 25 Dec 2017, 17:11

Patrick Wilson Describes His 'Aquaman' Character as "Complicated and Awesome"
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/24/aqua ... an-master/
Actor Patrick Wilson, who will play Orm the Ocean Master in the upcoming Aquaman movie, took some time out of his day to answer a few quick questions from fans on Twitter about his character and what it was like filming the next DC Extended Universe Film.

Of Orm, Wilson says that “He’s complicated. And awesome. I just want to do him justice.”

As many fans likely suspected, filming Aquaman’s underwater scenes was a challenge.

“It was awesome and exhausting and worth every second of pain.” Wilson tweeted. “Can’t wait to show you guys. Actually, I can’t wait for [director James Wan] to show ME.”

Wilson also stated that he enjoyed working with Dolph Lundgren, who plays King Nereus of Xebel, a rival underwater kingdom to Atlantis, in Aquaman. “True gent. We ate many meals together...”

Wilson played Night Owl in Zack Snyder’s 2009 Watchmen movie and says his experience on Aquaman couldn’t have been more different.

“Everything was different,” he said. “Especially the costumes.”

In a previous interview, Wilson praised DC Films' choice of directors, not just Wan for Aquaman but all-around.

"As they say, there are a lot of different ways to skin a cat," Wilson explained. "Or to make a movie and a franchise. I can only speak on behalf of being an actor and having a relationship with the directors. As a fan, I sit back and see the choices that they make for directors and they are very strong, focused, individual directors and that takes confidence. It's easy to hire someone that is just a yes man. And they're certainly not, which is very exciting."

Original Twitter Q&A with Patrick Wilson:
https://twitter.com/patrickwilson73/sta ... 5220808704
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 25 Dec 2017, 19:51

shooby

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies