CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018) (in post-production)

Postby Jox on 29 Aug 2018, 01:20

CREED: RISE TO GLORY

Teaser

Overview

Developers interviews

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Sep 2018, 21:23

Display at Comic Con Portugal 2018 (September 6-9) which Dolph is attending...

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Sep 2018, 18:26

CREED 2 WILL KEEP THE LEGACY OF IVAN DRAGO ALIVE (set report)
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/12 ... rago-alive

Image Image

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Sep 2018, 23:27

This is what Dolph said at the Comic Con Portugal press conference:
It was a bit strange. It’s a bit weird. At first I didn’t want to do it because I thought it would kind of sad. I didn’t want to hurt that image because it's like an iconic character that people, especially people who work out, really look up to this guy.

But the script was really good and I get a chance to show another side of the same man 35 years later, and more of a damaged, struggling side. I used some of my own life that I’ve been through the last 35 years in this character so it's kind of full circle. So it turned out to be a really great experience for me. A real dramatic challenge but also a great experience to look back at my own career the way he looks back at his career as a fighter. There’re some parallels that I think are kind of unique.

https://screenrant.com/creed-2-dolph-lu ... -script-2/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Sep 2018, 00:42

‘Creed II’ Reinstates Familial Importance, Carves Space For Characters To Expand
https://www.vibe.com/2018/09/creed-2-mi ... set-visit/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Sep 2018, 10:53

A BLOW-BY-BLOW OF THE 'CREED II' SET VISIT
https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/a-b ... sit-753396
While the cast and director are playing it close to the vest when it comes to details about the film, we know that the story features reappearance of Ivan Drago, along with his son, Viktor, who is also a boxer. Stallone also let us know that the subject of fathers and sons will figure prominently in Creed II. “Do you really have to shoulder the responsibility or the legacy of your father? Are you doing it to be better than your father? Are you doing it for publicity or do you do it because you really feel the necessity to feel vindicated, to avenge him? So, it's this really big, big kind of broad subject.”

Caple elaborated, “I will say this: they're [the Dragos] more than set pieces. They're more than props. They definitely have an arc, somewhere to go. Some stuff that you're gonna be really into. Like everyone has, they'll have layers to them. So that was the goal -- how to make these dudes layered.”

Dolph obviously was not working on the day journalists were invited to visit the set...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Sep 2018, 21:47

Michael B. Jordan on 'Creed 2': 'It's not just about revenge'
https://torontosun.com/entertainment/mo ... ut-revenge
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2018, 22:05

'The Russians are here for a reason': Dolph Lundgren teases 'Creed 2' plot
https://torontosun.com/entertainment/mo ... eed-2-plot
During a visit to the film’s set earlier this year, Lundgren, dressed in a warm-up suit with the name DRAGO emblazoned on the front, reflected on what it was like to resurrect one of cinema’s most iconic characters.

Were you expecting to play Drago again?

No, I wasn’t. I didn’t want to do it at first because I thought it would take away from the original and there was no way to do it without being caught up in the cartoonish sort of way I played that villain. But I met (the director) Steven Caple and I read his script and I realized the guy is really, really talented. And the character (as he’s written now) is tremendously interesting and challenging. That’s why I wanted to do it.

Were you surprised after Creed that they’d come back with a storyline that revisited the Drago character?

Yes, I was. I went to the premiere of the first Creed and I was there and Sly was there and we took some pictures. I was sitting in the audience and I realized suddenly, ‘Oh s—. I’m the one that killed his dad — people here are going to hate me.’ But luckily they never showed any of that in the movie. Still, I didn’t expect this kind of story. I heard from Stallone first that there was an idea. It was a, sins-of-the-fathers kind of theme. I knew that resonated with him and it resonated with me. I thought that was clever.

What’s the biggest difference between Rocky IV and Creed II?

The big difference is the style. Rocky IV was more of a cartoon. In that you’re taking 500 punches to the head and you’re still OK. It was about building up an insurmountable villain and then beating him. As soon as (Drago) is beat up that movie is over. This movie isn’t about that. It’s about these characters trying to find themselves in the world. When the fight’s over, it doesn’t mean the movie is over; that’s not the closure of the story. It goes on. That’s a lot like the first Rocky. In the first Rocky, Apollo Creed wasn’t really a villain he was just an obstacle for Rocky to find himself and prove something to himself. I think that happens in this story too and it’s unexpected. The Russians are here for a reason. It’s not just about getting beat up.

Sylvester Stallone Enjoyed Punching Dolph Lundgren in face For Creed II
Former heavyweight stars come face to face a second time in boxing movie rematch.
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018 ... n-creed-ii
Talking about his film franchise, Stallone exclusively told RadarOnline: “Rocky IV was the most popular of the [original series]. Dolph Lundgren, the villain, became a cult hero.

“I thought wouldn’t it be great to bring it back 30-years later, but his son is the one who’s going to wreak havoc.

“He’s literally raised his son in a culture of hatred, like some societies do. They take their children and turn them into weapons.

“It has some nice twists and turns from it – and I get to punch Dolph in the face again, which is wonderful.”
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Sep 2018, 17:46

https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/rocky- ... er-550850/
You’re really busy with Creed II and Aquaman coming out. Is that how you like it?

DL: “Part of me wants to relax, and part of me has this drive to see what I can accomplish. As you get older you realise you don’t have time to mess around. If you want to meet somebody or go some place, you’re better off just doing it. So with these movies I just decided to do it, even though it’s hard work.”

Why are action movies so popular?

DL: “It’s the hero’s journey, and our journey as human beings on this earth. We have to face these trials and tribulations and go through the same arc as these characters. If the film makes you feel something, you end up reflecting on your own life. It fulfills some kind of inner urge to figure out what it’s all about and how to do it right. Especially if they’re really good action movies. My favourites would be Gladiator, Unforgiven, The Godfather.”

Do people have a preconceived idea of what you are like based on your film roles?

DL: “Yes, for sure. The first two roles I’ve had in any major film that are not based on action are these two coming up – Creed II and Aquaman. I’m there to fill a dramatic role. In Creed II I look kind of old and worn out!”

What was it like revisiting a character [the Russian boxer from Rocky franchise] who so crucial in your career?

DL: “That film changed my life. It was a role really I didn’t want to do – the flat top haircut and all of that. But this script really explores what’s happened to him, all the pain and anguish. The clothes are hanging off me, the hair is grey, I’ve got bad teeth! So I go for it.”
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 20 Sep 2018, 15:28

Dolph always gives great interviews. Always honest, genuine answers and comes across as intelligent and experienced. Not like a meathead.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 20 Sep 2018, 21:42

he is always better than van damme in interviews.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 20 Sep 2018, 23:34

On the set with with Cutman Q aka Paul Querido
https://www.instagram.com/cutmanq/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 22 Sep 2018, 00:58

My guess is Dolph will make the cover for one of the two M&F issues...

ADR session yesterday

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies