CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018) (filming)

Postby Jox on 22 Mar 2018, 20:33

It seems that boxing champion Triple G (aka Gennady Golovkin) might appear in the movie if Sly's latest Insta post is any indication...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 23 Mar 2018, 19:40

i don't know where they took it from, but russian sites are saying carl weathers may come back. not only they'll use footages from rocky 4, but also apolo would be in adonis' dreams.
TEMIRLAN

Postby TEMIRLAN on 30 Mar 2018, 10:04

wow! andre ward? this is exciting news! and that legendary cut man is here too. btw, they did some photography while Wilder-Ortiz boxing night for this one.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 02 Apr 2018, 22:27

Warner/MGM official synopsis
Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. Between personal obligations and training for his next big fight, he is up against the challenge of his life. Facing an opponent with ties to his family’s past only intensifies his impending battle in the ring. Rocky Balboa is there by his side through it all and, together, Rocky and Adonis will confront their shared legacy, question what’s worth fighting for, and discover that nothing’s more important than family. Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can’t escape your history.

and Stallone being now on set video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhEOcZ1jRI9 ... lystallone
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Apr 2018, 08:37

Russell Hornsby Joins ‘Creed II’
http://deadline.com/2018/04/russell-hor ... 202356880/

Russell Hornsby, last seen on the big screen in the Denzel Washington-directed Oscar-nominated film, Fences, has been cast in Warner Bros/MGM’s Creed II, starring Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone, reprising their roles of Adonis Creed and Rocky Balboa respectively. Production is officially underway with director Steven Caple Jr. at the helm and Ryan Coogler, who directed the first film, serving as an executive producer. The film continues to follow Adonis who is facing an opponent with ties to his family’s past which intensifies his impending battle in the ring. Rocky is there by his side through it all and, together, Rocky and Adonis will confront their shared legacy, question what’s worth fighting for, and discover that nothing’s more important than family. Also new to the rebooted franchise are previously announced Florian “The Big Nasty” Munteanu as Viktor Drago and Dolph Lundgren returning to the role of Ivan Drago from Rocky IV. Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashad, Wood Harris, and Andre Ward will also reprise their roles from the first Creed. Irwin Winkler, Charles Winkler, William Chartoff, David Winkler, Kevin King-Templeton, and Stallone are producing the pic with Jordan and Guy Riedel joining Coogler in the executive producer post. The film is out November 21. Hornsby, who co-stars in Fox’s upcoming crime drama, The Hate U Give, is repped by ICM, Cohn Torgan Management, and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller.

Another Sly video from an actual ring set
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhFkgtGjIuL/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dida on 04 Apr 2018, 16:00

Wow! It seems that Brigitte Nielsen is back for her role as Ludmilla Drago!

https://twitter.com/HughE_Dillon/status ... page%3D162

She arrived in Philly:

If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Jox on 04 Apr 2018, 16:46

I didn't not expect that since as far as I know haha, I'd rather not share spoilers! ...

Wonder of it's a last minute cameo addition from Sly like he does sometimes.

Actually, let me remind you that the Ludmilla Drago character didn't exist in the R4 approved shooting script and was added in the midst of production, splitting the dialogue of her Soviet partner Koloff (Michael Pataki) in two to give her lines...

Does she has health issues or just wants to be spared all the walking at the airport?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dida on 04 Apr 2018, 17:41

She's is healthy as far as I know.

According to PhilliChitChat, Nielsen will stay in Philly for a couple of weeks. So i don't know if her role got expanded....
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Jox on 04 Apr 2018, 18:45

Dida wrote:According to PhilliChitChat, Nielsen will stay in Philly for a couple of weeks. So i don't know if her role got expanded....

For supporting roles that can often mean working on and off half a day here, half a day there, one day the next week...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 04 Apr 2018, 22:37

Not sure if she has something wrong with her but I know she has had problems in the past. Hate this tabloid garbage but, example: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... ne-1224258

Who knows if she is better now or if she couldn't walk through the airport. It's strange if you're an able-bodied person to get pushed along in a wheelchair. Burt Reynolds is 80 odds and walks with a stick but he doesn't get pushed around. So who knows.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Apr 2018, 17:34

Rumor has it that CREED II will come out in France on January 9, 2019
(The first CREED, ROCKY BALBOA, and ROCKY IV had also been released a few weeks later than the US, in January)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 06 Apr 2018, 10:58

stevencaplejr
“The man in the arena”

EDIT:

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies