CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CREED II (Sylvester Stallone, 2017-2018) (in pre-product

Postby TEMIRLAN on 17 Nov 2017, 18:24

what the hell with those women these days?! where were they years ago? catching hype or what?
TEMIRLAN

Postby thegoon4eto on 17 Nov 2017, 20:38

It's the #MeToo campaign/movement. Which is very misunderstood by not a small amount of people.
Van Damme fans forum

http://jcvdfans.boards.net/
thegoon4eto

Postby Jox on 17 Nov 2017, 21:04

I agree, thegoon4eto!

First, most people don't the psychological mechanisms of traumas such as physical, sexual, and / or psychological abuse. It can take years or decades to deal with for the victim, come to terms with it, understand it, no longer repress it or feel ashamed, take action, and all kind of other things. It's even more complex when the victim is / was a child, teenager or too young of an adult to full understand what happened to them.
#Metoo I've been abused with different kinds of violences and harassment (not sexual though) over the course my life and I'm still working it and healing the wounds with a therapist, so I'm getting to know what I'm talking about. Victims shouldn't be shamed, that's even more violence and abuse, and that's what happens in most cases because close friends, families, and society don't want to see or admit the worse as it's questions everything. That's why it's been such a repressed and covered up taboo for so long...

I don't know what's this Stallone case although there are documents of the complaint filed in 1986, but I know most people "annoyed" by all the recent revelations should sometimes "shush" instead of saying ridiculous things like the accusers are making money over these accusations, most of the time, they loose more than they gain anything...

I don't want this thread to become about this until we know more but I had to say that.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 17 Nov 2017, 23:13

The sources for that piece are very suspicious. It was picked up in the Daily Mail which is a complete and utter rag in the UK. Persistent liars, like literally the worst. If it's true it's deplorable, but it was systematic of that era unfortunately. However given that website, and the fact they source the Daily Mail I would take this "story" with an enormous pinch of salt.
Tom
Regular

Postby thegoon4eto on 17 Nov 2017, 23:15

Jox wrote:I agree, thegoon4eto!

First, most people don't the psychological mechanisms of traumas such as physical, sexual, and / or psychological abuse. It can take years or decades to deal with for the victim, come to terms with it, understand it, no longer repress it or feel ashamed, take action, and all kind of other things. It's even more complex when the victim is / was a child, teenager or too young of an adult to full understand what happened to them.

Amen! Me just finished studying Social Pedagogy this year, didn't have much hours of practice, but had a few in a center for a woman, victimised by domestic violence. And most of the woman, being beat by their husband, in a short period of time, get back to them. And there is not a clear answer to that behavior. They just go back, and get beaten again. And we are talking about an average joe type of people. Normal people. The thing with the celebs is that they have way way more power.

Jox wrote:#Metoo I've been abused with different kinds of violences and harassment (not sexual though) over the course my life and I'm still working it and healing the wounds with a therapist, so I'm getting to know what I'm talking about. Victims shouldn't be shamed, that's even more violence and abuse, and that's what happens in most cases because close friends, families, and society don't want to see or admit the worse as it's questions everything. That's why it's been such a repressed and covered up taboo for so long...

Sorry to hear that, mate. I know how is it. I've been abused with beating violence back in school for years.

And yeah, that was what I was getting at. The thing is about victims to feel free and let the world know how big is the violence. It doesn't have to do with money or even suing. There is no suing involved since the #MeToo started. At least, none that I'm aware of. Considering what was revealed about Weinstein, Spacey and so on.
Saying that the supposed victims share (even "make up") their stories just for attention, or that they want to make a quick buck, is childish and silly.
Van Damme fans forum

http://jcvdfans.boards.net/
thegoon4eto

Postby Tom on 17 Nov 2017, 23:22

I'm not sure on US law either but if a case had previously been filed and either settled or dropped, then it may not be able to be opened...

Saying that Uma Thurman also claimed Sly made advances on her when they met at an award ceremony in the late 80's. She was around 19 I think.
Tom
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 18 Nov 2017, 00:08

In the wake of these allegations, CREED II will most likely be put on hold... At least Dolph has Aquaman...
savagesketch

Postby TEMIRLAN on 18 Nov 2017, 16:48

thegoon4eto wrote:
Jox wrote:I agree, thegoon4eto!

Amen! Me just finished studying Social Pedagogy this year, didn't have much hours of practice, but had a few in a center for a woman, victimised by domestic violence. And most of the woman, being beat by their husband, in a short period of time, get back to them. And there is not a clear answer to that behavior. They just go back, and get beaten again. And we are talking about an average joe type of people. Normal people. The thing with the celebs is that they have way way more power.

Jox wrote:#Metoo I've been abused with different kinds of violences and harassment (not sexual though) over the course my life and I'm still working it and healing the wounds with a therapist, so I'm getting to know what I'm talking about. Victims shouldn't be shamed, that's even more violence and abuse, and that's what happens in most cases because close friends, families, and society don't want to see or admit the worse as it's questions everything. That's why it's been such a repressed and covered up taboo for so long...

Sorry to hear that, mate. I know how is it. I've been abused with beating violence back in school for years.

And yeah, that was what I was getting at. The thing is about victims to feel free and let the world know how big is the violence. It doesn't have to do with money or even suing. There is no suing involved since the #MeToo started. At least, none that I'm aware of. Considering what was revealed about Weinstein, Spacey and so on.
Saying that the supposed victims share (even "make up") their stories just for attention, or that they want to make a quick buck, is childish and silly.

mate, i never said they wanted to make a quick buck (if you're replying to my post). they say "unnamed teen" in case with sly which is kinda suspicious. we don't know the truth though... i woder what 16 years girl was doing with 45 years old dudes if it's true.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Dida on 20 Nov 2017, 17:47

Bullshit!

Brigitte Nielsen backs Sly

http://m.tmz.com/#2017/11/20/sylvester- ... ault-rape/

and

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3644423

Hopefully this will go over soon.....
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby TEMIRLAN on 20 Nov 2017, 19:05

i just hope this won't affect the creed 2 production status.
TEMIRLAN

Postby shooby on 29 Nov 2017, 16:07

Training for Creed 2 with Chris Skogberg ... probably ?!?

And a video :
https://scontent-cdt1-1.cdninstagram.co ... 1152_n.mp4
shooby

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 07 Dec 2017, 07:57

Tom wrote:If it's true it's deplorable, but it was systematic of that era unfortunately.

Pretty much this... my uncle was well connected in hollywood back in the 80's/90's as a semi successful screen writer. There are some pretty legendary (salacious) stories regarding sly and a few other A - list male actors back then.

Sly would be the first to admit he's no angel.

That being said if he forced himself or allowed someone else to force themselves onto a female he was with he should pay the price no questions asked. I see this shit still to this day in bars/clubs/night spots with regards to over aggressive men. It pisses me off no matter who is pulling this shit... this crap needs to be stamped out of modern society for good.

I hate to say it but I wouldn't even let Dolph off the hook if something were to come out (big if) about him. Dolph has been a pretty standup guy from what I can tell throughout his entire career... so I would be absolutely stunned if anything ever came to light regarding him.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Re: CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2017-2018) (in pre-producti

Postby Jox on 12 Dec 2017, 02:13

Dolph just told me last week that Sly was actually looking for a young director, and now he just announced the choice of Steven Caple, Jr (acclaimed and award winner THE LAND)...

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 21.13.09.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 21.13.09.jpg (45.37 KiB) Viewed 9478 times

http://www.instagram.com/p/BckyGsjjovH/

Seems like the same type as Ryan Coogler, fine by me.

EDIT:
Steven Caple Jr. to Direct ‘Creed 2’ Starring Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone (EXCLUSIVE)
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/creed ... 202626542/
MGM and Warner Bros. have tapped up-and-coming director Steven Caple Jr. to direct Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone in “Creed 2,” sources tell Variety, with production expected to start in spring 2018.

Along with Jordan and Stallone, Tessa Thompson will also return for the sequel, reprising her role as Bianca.

Sources also say that Ryan Coogler, who directed “Creed,” is expected to join in an executive producer role, though a deal has not yet closed, as Coogler is currently wrapping up post-production on Marvel’s “Black Panther.”

Stallone had considered directing “Creed 2” at one point, but after talking it over with Jordan and the execs, they made the decision to find another director. After a lengthy search, Jordan and Stallone personally picked Caple to take the reins.

Caple will direct from an original screenplay written by Stallone and Cheo Hodari Coker (showrunner of “Luke Cage”) based on characters from the Rocky franchise. The film is being produced by Irwin Winkler, Charles Winkler, William Chartoff, David Winkler, and Kevin King-Templeton. Jordan and Guy Riedel will executive produce.

“We could not be more fortunate and excited for the collaboration of Steven, Sly, Michael and the producers, to build upon the success of ‘Creed,'” said Jonathan Glickman, MGM’s president, motion picture group. “The combination of Steven’s talent and unique vision makes him the perfect director to continue the Rocky franchise’s storied lineage.”

Jordan also commented about the casting on Twitter:

The upcoming installment follows Adonis Creed (Jordan)’s life inside and outside of the ring as he deals with new-found fame, issues with his family, and his continuing quest to become a champion.

“It’s an honor to be a part of such an iconic franchise and to work with such great collaborators,” Caple said. “Mike, Sly, and Tessa are extraordinarily talented and bring something special to today’s culture. I look forward to joining the family and continuing the precedent set by this franchise’s alumni of incredible filmmakers.”

Production is set to begin in Philadelphia in March.

“We recognized Steven’s talent for telling ambitious stories with incredible heart in ‘The Land,'” said producer Irwin Winkler. “We are confident what he will bring to ‘Creed 2’ will result in a story that resonates with audiences all over the world.”

The gig is Caple’s first feature at a major studio. Insiders say his work on the IFC pic “The Land,” Caple’s coming-of-age tale that he directed right out of USC, was a big selling point for Jordan, Stallone, and the execs. “The Land” premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival and tells the story of four teenage boys who devote their summer to escaping the streets of Cleveland to pursue a dream life of professional skateboarding.

“The character of Adonis Creed reflects this generation and its challenges,” Stallone said. “I believe it’s important for the director to also be a part of this generation like I was in mine, to make the story as relatable as possible. We are extremely lucky to have the talented young filmmaker Steven Caple Jr. step up and accept the role of director. I am confident that he and Michael B. Jordan will hit it out of the park!”

MGM recently announced that it was back in the theatrical distribution game and will handle domestic distribution rights for “Creed 2,” with WB handling international.

The movie is dated for Nov. 21, 2018. The most recent “Creed” completely revamped the Rocky series, not only grossing $110 million at the domestic box office, but also earning Stallone an Oscar nomination for his performance.

While plot details about the sequel are still vague, Stallone had hinted that the story would revolve around the Ivan Drago character who infamously killed Creed’s father Apollo in “Rocky IV.”

Caple recently wrote HBO’s high-profile Emmett Till project, produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z. His directing credits include the season finale of Freeform’s upcoming “Grown-ish.” Forbes named Caple one of this year’s 30 Under 30 in Hollywood & Entertainment.

Capel is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment. Jordan is represented by WME; Stallone is represented by WME; and Thompson is represented by Greene & Associates Talent Agency, Mosaic, and Jackoway Tyerman.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies