CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2017-2018) (in pre-producti

Postby Jox on 03 Mar 2018, 17:36

If you're not on Instagram, here's a clip from Dolph's video stories on his training over the past months
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Mar 2018, 16:22

Still looking for Philly actors/boxers to play boxing trainers, cornermen, and cut men
http://www.projectcasting.com/casting-c ... g-trainers
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Mar 2018, 14:07

Start date is approaching...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 14 Mar 2018, 18:36

Is there any chance Brigitte Nielsen to come back as Drago's wife?
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 14 Mar 2018, 22:39

I doubt it.

I don't see how plausible would it be that they would still be together, they had nothing to do together, almost like an arranged marriage, and I think Drago Jr won't be her son...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dida on 15 Mar 2018, 17:08

According to Dolph's facebook filming starts today right?
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Jox on 15 Mar 2018, 18:49

Yep, so that was the initial start date announced and not the one stated in the casting calls...

Trailers
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgWB9lmgMfL ... e=ig_embed
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgWAQloA8yE/

Jox
Site Admin

Re: CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018) (filming)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 16 Mar 2018, 04:58

it's so cool that i'll be able to see dolph on the big screen twice this year! i feel like his career is taking a second breath.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 16 Mar 2018, 11:42

Actors Florian Munteanu and Dolph Lundgren are seen on set filming 'Creed II' at the Rocky Statue and the 'Rocky Steps' at The Philadelphia Museum of Art on March 15, 2018 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
https://www.gettyimages.de/ereignis/cel ... d932573964

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Mar 2018, 03:48

Tessa Thompson (Bianca) talks CREED II
https://parade.com/654920/paulettecohn/ ... westworld/
Creed was a wonderful film and you’re going back for Creed II. Can you tease a little bit the story?

Creed (Michael B. Jordan) is continuing much like the first movie. The first movie was very much about his journey in figuring out what his own legacy would be, trying to step out of the shadows of his father, and figuring out the man that he is and the man that he wants to be.

In the second film, we find him contending with new-found fame, with the ups and downs of it, with continuing to figure out who he wants to be on his own terms. And then, in terms of Bianca and Adonis, they are trying to figure out are they now really committed to each other and trying to figure out what that means in terms of their relationship.

Bianca’s progressive hearing loss is something that she’s continuing to contend with as she continues to make music and really tries to figure out how to make that next leap. So, they’re navigating that together. That’s all I can say. There are spoilers that MGM would come and hurt me.

The new film has to be a really emotional journey because Creed is fighting Viktor Drago, the son of Ivan Drago, the man responsible for Apollo’s death. Is it even more emotional than the first film?

Potentially, although, I don’t know. In the first film all those scenes of the father and son relationship between Rocky and Adonis, and Rocky contending with [the loss of] his wife, I found all of that deeply emotional. I think that’s the cool thing about these movies, too, is that people are going to find different things that they relate to.

But certainly this is a villain maybe unlike villains that we’ve seen in the context of Rocky movies before, because this villain, like you said, has real emotional ties in some family stuff, so it’s more than just wanting to win. It’s essentially wanting to avenge his father’s death in a way.

Talk about Bianca’s taste in music. Is it anything like your music taste?

Well, I made all that music, so yeah it is, entirely. I made that music with a really talented producer named Ludwig Göransson, who made all the Childish Gambino records and also scored Black Panther and Creed. He’s an incredibly gifted musician that I’m really, really lucky to work with.

We spent the space of two weeks together locked up in a room, 14 hours a day, and we made all those songs. We made about eight songs, four of them on the first Creed soundtrack and in the movie, and so we’re doing that again. I go to the studio right after I’m done talking to you.

The music is inspired by lots of artists like Kelela, Portishead, and Mack Attack, and Fiza that I really love to listen to. Those were some of the artists that [director] Ryan Coogler threw out when he cast me in the role and let me know that he also wanted me to work on the music.

So, I think it’s a blend of my musical taste and what Ludwig likes, and now we have a new director, Steven Caple, Jr., who is so talented. He’s been sending me references for what he wants the music to feel like. So, I think it’s kind of a hodge podge, but there’s certainly a lot of me in it since I’m writing a good amount of the lyrics and the melody.

Have you ever wanted to run up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art like Rocky Balboa?

I’ve never wanted to run up them, but I have walked up them. For the first Creed, I went to Philly about a month early just to spend time getting used to the city and listening to accents, and that was one of the first things I did, because I’m a nerd, so yeah.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby S_Tupid on 20 Mar 2018, 18:45

Is dolph will have the brush hair, one more time?
S_Tupid

Postby Jox on 21 Mar 2018, 02:52

On the same day filming began, a VR (Virtual Reality) game called CREED: RISE TO GLORY was announced be released around the same time as the sequel:
http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/su ... 202727282/
https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/15/surv ... xing-game/

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies