PUPS ALONE (Alex Merkin, 2017-2021)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: PUPS ALONE: A CHRISTMAS PERIL (A. Merkin, 2018) (post-pr

Postby Jox on 13 Feb 2018, 01:09

Keith David is also in the cast apparently, and Lionsgate is the distributor...
http://talkingwithoutthinking.podbean.c ... oductions/ (actor Tyler Hollinger interview, 45:30 in)
Jox
Site Admin

Re: PUPS ALONE: A CHRISTMAS PERIL (A. Merkin, 2018) (post-pr

Postby Jox on 22 May 2019, 10:53

I don't know what happened to this one (shot almost 2 years ago in between Dolph's AQUAMAN shooting periods) but it might come out of the blue when we least expect it...
Jox
Site Admin

Re: PUPS ALONE: A CHRISTMAS PERIL (A. Merkin, 2018) (complet

Postby Mosquito on 29 May 2019, 22:22

Did I ever mention that "Pups" (pronounces "Poops") in German is an alternative and kinda childish word for a fart? ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 17 Dec 2019, 22:28

I'm still amazed that this one hasn't been released as a tv christmas movie.
bomaz

Postby savagesketch on 18 Dec 2019, 05:47

bomaz wrote:I'm still amazed that this one hasn't been released as a tv christmas movie.

I was just wondering this as well. Very surprising that this seems to have been buried without any news of a release date (which may be for the best :lol: ). The Hallmark-esque Christmas movie sub genre is relatively big business; the films shoot quickly, and there’s a clear market for them. So for this to still be sitting on the shelf, perhaps that’s an indicator of the quality. And again, it’s not like the bar for these types of films is exactly high. :lol:
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 18 Dec 2019, 20:03

I know, and it's been 2 and half years it was filmed now. I've asked around and even some people involved don't seem to know or want to respond.

I'm also surprised it's never popped up at any film markets, or had sort of "official announcement"...

Either it's indeed held up because distributors find it extremely bad even by "bad standards" that they're not in a rush to release it (and Lionsgate was said to be handling domestic), or there are some issues and arguments between the parties involved over the final cut, legal issues, and/or somebody is suing somebody else which is more common than we think no matter how small or big the project is...

Certainly not looking forward to this title, but as a DL historian, the simple fact that remains unreleased or that it can't be seen bothers me (although less than for A MAN WILL RISE for sure).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 01 Sep 2020, 07:55

Alex Merkin, the director of this untitled Christmas film dropped by the podcast to chat the film in addition to his previous collaboration with Dolph, ALTITUDE. Enjoy! As always, feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... -altitude/
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2020, 06:20

I Must Break This Podcast

Coming soon... Dolph goes Christmas...??? Some behind the scenes pics from the yet-to-be-titled Christmas comedy starring Dolph and Eric Roberts! Courtesy of director, Alex Merkin.
https://www.facebook.com/imustbreakthis ... 8315748521

Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 18 Sep 2020, 07:30

I have another picture from the film that I was explicitly told not to share... Not just yet anyway. All I'll say is that it's a side of Dolph we've never seen... :lol: :lol: :lol:
savagesketch

Postby bomaz on 09 Nov 2020, 17:54

Robert, his teenage daughter Jenna and their trusty and special border collie Charlie (Jerry O’Connell) make the move to a new neighborhood, right before Christmas. Upon arriving, Robert meets his next door neighbor Holly, and her sassy and border collie Gidget (Jennifer Love Hewitt). Before the sparks can fly, they are set upon my Robert’s conniving and obnoxious next door neighbor and project manager Victor (Dolph Lundgren), his neighborhood bully bulldog “Vinnie P” and the sycophantic sidekick Chihuahua “Jose” (Rob Schneider). Victor discovers Roberts latest invention, a dog collar that translates canine thoughts into words. Victor hires two thieves to steal the invention

I tried to shorten the synopsis a little :lol:

EDIT : i'm sure it's a photoshop thing, but still : Dolph has a christmas sweater with pooping reindeers.
Last edited by bomaz on 11 Nov 2020, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 09 Nov 2020, 19:50

http://www.vmiworldwide.com/index.php/t ... 415c66ce57

Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jerry O'Connell and Rob Schneider? What a cast...!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Nov 2020, 13:04

Jennifer Love Hewitt, Keith David & Eric Roberts Set For Family Pic ‘Pups Alone’ — AFM
https://deadline.com/2020/11/jennifer-l ... 234610689/

I have the feeling they modified the project along the way, added the new voice actors and did some reshoots recently...
Jox
Site Admin

Re: PUPS ALONE (Alex Merkin, 2018) (completed?)

Postby Jox on 02 Mar 2021, 15:22

Berlin First-Look Photo: Dolph Lundgren in 'Pups Alone' (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ium=social

The Christmas film — which VMI is shopping at Berlin's European Film Market — also stars Jennifer Love Hewitt, Rob Schneider, Keith David, Nicholas Turturro and Eric Roberts.
Dolph Lundgren might not appear to be the happiest man alive, but at least he's looking exceptionally festive in this first-look still from upcoming live action family action comedy Pups Alone.

The He-Man, Rocky and Expendables star joins Jennifer Love Hewitt (9-1-1), Rob Schneider (Deuce Bigalow), Keith David (The Princess and the Frog), Nicholas Turturro (BlacKkKlansman) and Eric Roberts (Runaway Train) in the film, directed by Alex Merkin (Altitude) from an original concept and screenplay by Brandon Burrows and Jason Gruich.

Introduced to sellers at the 2020 Virtual AFM by VMI, the film sees Lundgren play the primary antagonist Victor VonManure, the conniving and obnoxious next-door neighbour to the inventor of a dog collar that translates canine thoughts into words. When Victor hires two inept thieves to steal the invention while the inventor is away on a company ski trip, the neighbourhood dogs catch wind of the plan and join forces to set up a house of horrors to stop the would-be robbers.

Brandon Burrows (The Last Son of Isaac Lemay) of Firebrand and Courtney Lauren Penn (The Last Son of Isaac Lemay) of Boundless Pictures produce, with Andre Relis of VMI and Jack Bowyer (Gallowwalkers) serving as executive producers.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies