THE TRACKER (Giorgio Serafini, 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE TRACKER (Giorgio Serafini, 2018)

Postby savagesketch on 26 Sep 2019, 02:41

“You can take the helicopter out of the movie, but we’re not taking it outta the marketing and box art!” says Lionsgate executive. :lol: :lol: :lol:
savagesketch

Postby lt.brannigan on 16 Oct 2019, 07:50

I finally ordered this the other day when Amazon had a $3 off coupon and snagged it for $12.

Maybe the uncut version makes more sense, but the 88 minute US Cut is a jumbled mess that is incoherent and not memorable in the least.

Also not a fan of the cinematography either, rarely stationary annoys me.

This is a movie that never manages to justify its existence for me.

Hopefully there's an enjoyable Dolph movie coming soon as both this and Dead Trigger were disappointing to me.

Though The Tracker is the better of the two.
lt.brannigan

Postby savagesketch on 24 Oct 2019, 05:32

lt.brannigan wrote:I finally ordered this the other day when Amazon had a $3 off coupon and snagged it for $12.

:lol: :lol: I also saw that $3 off coupon, took the bait, and snagged THE TRACKER on blu-ray.

I will say that the score is quite good. But it feels like too much tampering was done. Quite a few questions are left unanswered, and Dolph is underused. It sets up some great character traits, arcs and dynamics, but these are all dropped completely. I'd love to see the other cut, as I imagine there's more there, but like Brannigan said, it feels slightly jumbled and incoherent. Then again, it does have a decent score and a cool opening five minutes.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2019, 22:43

International/Japanese trailer

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Nov 2019, 12:02

Swedish DVD cover front & back

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Scifibuff5 on 08 Dec 2019, 02:57

As much as I like the poster and last 20 minutes of action like everyone else is said it is a rough set and it’s very forgettable to where you either want to stream it online for free or only get it if it’s it in a two dollar been packed with a bunch of other movies but it’s not worth seeking out really even by low standards.

I get why the premise sounded interesting but having all the unprofessional actors who are essentially extras be the remainder of the cast and have it be such a slow so sad didn’t feel right. I get why the premise sounded interesting but having all the unprofessional actors who are essentially extras be the remainder of the cast and have it be such a slow set didn’t feel right

I hope that Hard Night Falling redeems both this and Acceleration as 2019 has not been a good year for Dolph.
"No, I haven't seen any of [the new 'Punisher' movies]," - Dolph in 2009 MTV News Interview
Scifibuff5

Postby Ivan Drago on 25 Apr 2020, 08:10

Looks like this is coming to Prime on May 25.
Ivan Drago

Postby JuV on 29 Apr 2020, 21:38

So does the Japan DVD actually contain a different version of the film? If so is it better then the US cut cause I watched the US blu-ray a while back and didn't like it too much
JuV

Postby Jox on 30 Apr 2020, 13:44

JuV wrote:So does the Japan DVD actually contain a different version of the film?

Yes it does (8 minutes longer). I think the Scandinavian editions do as well, that needs to be verified.

If so is it better then the US cut cause I watched the US blu-ray a while back and didn't like it too much

I can't say it will make you like the film better, it just has a bit more to it.

For instance, the opening/main title sequence makes more sense in its pacing/editing and does feature a celebration procession that looks authentic (filmed in public) that gives more scope and "seriousness" to the film. It all sets up the party better and makes the abduction of his daughter less "choppy". There's a bit more of Dolph scouting the city, and later on there's a long scene between the two corrupt cops but it's in Italian and obviously the Japanese subs didn't help my understanding of it but I assume it explained more about their motivations etc.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 30 Apr 2020, 17:19

That was one of the problems that I had with the film is that the general narrative wasn't very clear. Everything just merged into one indistinguishable muddle instead of a structure with definitive events.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby JuV on 30 Apr 2020, 17:28

Jox wrote:For instance, the opening/main title sequence makes more sense in its pacing/editing and does feature a celebration procession that looks authentic (filmed in public) that gives more scope and "seriousness" to the film. It all sets up the party better and makes the abduction of his daughter less "choppy". There's a bit more of Dolph scouting the city, and later on there's a long scene between the two corrupt cops but it's in Italian and obviously the Japanese subs didn't help my understanding of it but I assume it explained more about their motivations etc.

It sounds quite a bit better might pick up the Japanese DVD someday if it drops in price. The Scandinavian back cover says 83min https://images.static-bluray.com/movies/dvdcovers/194843_back.jpg However on their website it says 95min http://anotherworldent.com/index.php?n=catalogue&s=show&type=&idem=f19db8207426ed86
JuV

Postby Jox on 04 May 2020, 12:44

JuV wrote:It sounds quite a bit better might pick up the Japanese DVD someday if it drops in price.

It actually got 60% cheaper: 1143 yen about $10.71
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/GADSX-2163

Yeah, that's why it needs to be checked on disc.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby JuV on 05 May 2020, 17:32

Jox wrote:It actually got 60% cheaper: 1143 yen about $10.71
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/GADSX-2163

Thanks for letting me know it's kinda tempting to get but the shipping's a little pricy. Also, this seems to be a re-issue and Idk if it has the same version on it or not
JuV

Postby alex.sp89 on 17 May 2020, 20:10

i finally watched it yesterday, the long 95 minute version ! No words ! I was wondering how many days does Dolph spend on the set of this ? 5-7 days will be too much :D i am very disappointed ! I remember blu ray disc cover at Walmart 7-8 months ago, thought will be a good flick. This is very boring, no action , depressive film kind of Lucas starring Van Damme. Wake up guys - Van Damme, Bruce Willis , Nic Cage, Stallone, Arnie, Seagal, Dolph in what are u starring nowadays ?! Shame. Rating is zero even below -100000. Pseudo director, pseudo acting, pseudo movie ..... I guess this kind of money laundry system showing someone we spend money on some art....
alex.sp89

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies