THE TRACKER (Giorgio Serafini, 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE TRACKER (Giorgio Serafini, 2018) (in post-production

Postby Jox on 10 May 2018, 22:03

This HIDDEN AGENDA cover was what Lionsgate did, but since we're talking about the Cannes Film Market and the Moonstone Entertainment producers/distributors sales artwork this was the original:

It also reminds me what French poster artist Laurent Melki (the cover of my PUNISHER book) says, that often he was just given production stills to illustrate a movie poster or cover, without seeing the film, which is possible still happened then (and any case they Lionsgate would tell them what to add)...

It's also what I witnessed when I worked with producer/distributor Samuel Hadida who would demand a gun to be put in the hand of a character or something like that (and he had done the same on the French COVER-UP poster). Basically all that counts to them business-wise is to sell the film, no matter how faithful it is, which I know is a shame...

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 11 May 2018, 04:39

What's funny is they used that big helicopter with the "666" on it in BRIDGE OF DRAGONS but then it didn't appear at all on the poster. They blew it on that one.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 May 2018, 18:28

These were the original BOD artworks with the chopper delivered by Nu Image (re-used in some territories)

Not surprising HBO Home Video found them too schlocky or "B" to their standards.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 May 2018, 18:56

Anyway, helicopters or not, this again reminds me of the Prague-filmed THE SHOOTER / Hidden Assassin, with the city seemly being like an important "character" of the film, and this classy French poster which I like quite a bit for that, and the fact that Dolph doesn't take the whole space with Maruschka Detmers and the city background being shown off first

EDIT:
Giorgio Serafini

THE TRACKER in Cannes. Thank you to everyone who made it possible: Sun Film Group, Explorer, BIC.

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Jul 2018, 01:16

Apparently they're really planning or counting on a theatrical release in Italy this November

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 10 Sep 2018, 20:43

Still no trailer, I doubt the film will be released in november in Italy (at least not if they're counting on releasing it properly).
bomaz

Postby Jox on 15 Sep 2018, 16:22

The score was recorded with the Dnipropetrovsk Symphony orchestra, which has become a rare thing for low-medium budgets...

Sandro Di Stefano
September 3 at 2:49 PM ·

Con la Dnipropetrovsk Philharmonic Orchestra durante la registrazione della musica per “the tracker”

https://www.facebook.com/sandrodistefan ... 4652705543
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 24 Oct 2018, 13:20

I assume they're doing the sound mix
Giorgio Serafini
Johnny Sinclair as young Dolph in The Tracker with my friend Justin Fischer.

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Chronos on 27 Oct 2018, 22:18

Post-production on "The Tracker" is almost done. We are currently working on the main credits ad ending scroll. The film will be released in January or February in North America by Grindstone/Lionsgate (to be confirmed). It is sold world-wide by Red Sea Media. Out of the four films I directed with Dolph this is by far my favorite. It is much more personal than the other ones. I shot this movie keeping as a reference many thrillers I've seen in the 70s. "The Tracker" is influenced by European films such as "Le Silencieux" with Lina Ventura and Lea Massari and "Le Vieux Fusil" with Philippe Noiret and Romy Schneider. The rest of the cast was outstanding. Co-lead Marco Mazzoli, known as the Howard Stern of Italy, did a great job. Dolph liked it so much that he offered him a role in the upcoming "Malevolence". Marco will also be the lead in a comedy I will start shooting in a couple of weeks. I produced this film with Giorgio Bruno and my friends at Sun Film Group. The same team are currently producing "Hard Night Falling" (directed by Bruno) and "Malevolence" (directed by Dolph himself). "The Tracker" was shot in Taranto, Apulia.
Chronos

Postby lt.brannigan on 28 Oct 2018, 08:04

Thanks for the updates.
lt.brannigan

Postby bomaz on 28 Oct 2018, 11:10

Thank you for the updates on the movie. Looking forward to seeing it.
And thank you for taking part in Malevolence.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 29 Oct 2018, 14:34

Chronos wrote:Out of the four films I directed with Dolph this is by far my favorite. It is much more personal than the other ones. I shot this movie keeping as a reference many thrillers I've seen in the 70s. "The Tracker" is influenced by European films such as "Le Silencieux" with Lina Ventura and Lea Massari and "Le Vieux Fusil" with Philippe Noiret and Romy Schneider.

Sounds good!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dida on 31 Oct 2018, 16:12

I found this poster at The Film Catalogue

https://www.thefilmcatalogue.com/films/the-tracker-1
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Nathan on 31 Oct 2018, 16:16

Pretty cool. That'd make a nice DVD cover. Still obsessed with the choppers I see.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies