ACCELERATION (Michael Merino & Daniel Zirilli, 2019)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ACCELERATION (Michael Merino & Daniel Zirilli, 2019)

Postby Jox on 06 Jan 2020, 00:26

Screening + Q&A on January 12th at LA ACTION FILM FESTIVAL (which is just shorts and 2 features over 2 days)
https://www.lafilmfestivals.com/tickets

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Feb 2020, 00:16

UK DVD release April 6
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acceleration-D ... 084FG43PF/

Seeing the two red/black cars makes me think of JOSHUA TREE / ARMY OF ONE, which could have been called "Acceleration" in a sense :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 17 Feb 2020, 01:55

Jox wrote:Seeing the two red/black cars makes me think of JOSHUA TREE / ARMY OF ONE, which could have been called "Acceleration" in a sense :mrgreen:

Yet unlike ARMY OF ONE, these cars are absent from ACCELERATION... :lol:
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 19 Mar 2020, 03:27

Advance trailer / promo reel, not colour-graded, from last July:
https://vimeo.com/349975074

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Apr 2020, 18:58

German release (July 7)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 07 Apr 2020, 19:29

That is good photoshop skills here :lol:
bomaz

Postby shooby on 08 Apr 2020, 08:17

bomaz wrote:That is good photoshop skills here :lol:

yeah, photoshop managed to rejuvenate Dolph's face.
Soon we will be entitled to a film where he will appear to be 6 years old
shooby

Postby Tom on 08 Apr 2020, 15:28

Man that photoshop is awful. Makes Dolph look a little like Barry Pepper.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Apr 2020, 20:44

It's not the first time we've seen it, I'm even surprised this one gets comments, but to be fair whether it's the make-up, lighting, re-touches, already feel like something's too much in the publicity photos...

EDIT:
Packshots, stills and screenshots for press
https://www.presse.sphe.de/movie/4122/a ... n-die-zeit
Jox
Site Admin

Postby udar55 on 18 Apr 2020, 03:58

For anyone interesting, it showed up on Amazon Prime today:

https://www.amazon.com/Acceleration-Sea ... 086WZYWVT/
udar55

Postby Jox on 01 Sep 2020, 13:27

ACCELERATION won a couple of awards recently, but in some small festivals where almost each film presented gets a prize...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Oct 2020, 20:54

What seems to be a rejected music cue by composer Nicholas Rivera (SHARK LAKE)
http://www.nicholas-rivera.com/music-and-video/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 01 May 2021, 15:32

Acceleration is due to be released in France on DVD and BR on july 21st.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 12 May 2021, 10:54

New interview with Natalie Burn:
https://dansmoviereport.blogspot.com/20 ... rview.html
DMR: Acceleration really has piqued my interest with some killer established stars including Danny Trejo, Dolph Lundgren & Sean Patrick Flannery, chat about working with them.
NB: I've worked with Dolph Lundgren on about five different projects already, but we've been friends for about nine years. I've seen his career rise back up and he definitely deserves the recognition for his work in this industry. But working with him in general is always a privilege. Especially, knowing somebody who has been in the industry for as long as he has and still retains value and demand from his fans, which is very inspiring overall. I mean, it takes dedication, training, and perseverance to really continue working as an actor. But, no matter what, Dolph is still here, he's still making movies, and we still want to watch them. Once again, to me, that is very admirable, which aspires me to eventually reach his level some day. With Sean Patrick Flannery, I mean 'wow!' He's an amazing Emmy Award-Winning Actor, who I just absolutely adore. He has got tons of secrets and talents that a lot of people don't actually know; in fact, Sean trained me a few times, and he's an absolute champ and an amazing master. Sean was just wonderful to work with. He creates the most unique and creative characters. Basically, I've never looked at somebody's eyes and got so hypnotized that I couldn't stop smiling. It always works against me because my character is so serious in Acceleration. When I met Danny Trejo, I was so surprised by his personality, by who he is, and in real life, I mean, you see him play these intimidating bad guy-type roles, but he's actually a warm teddy bear. Danny is so kind and extremely happy; he's always smiling!

DMR: Working with Director Daniel Zirilli again and Michael Merino on crafting the story and your character Rhona? Chat about working as well with EP Eric Brenner.
NB: I met Eric Brenner through our distributor. He's very kind and supportive, and I hope to work with him again some day. With Daniel and Michael, I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am that I put, not one, but two great directors, who were both very flexible and professional, on set. They worked really well together by being open to each other’s creative suggestions and feedback; in fact, I think that's the key in independent film-making. It's a collaboration and everybody works together instead of against each other. It was definitely a team effort at the end of the day, and having two talented directors on set made the process move quicker.

DMR: Must have been tricky to get the cast together on such a tight schedule, how many days did you have for rehearsals, then principal photography? Chat as well about your casting process.
NB: It was very tricky! I mean, you always have a tight schedule with independent feature films. I feel that as our industry grows with new and innovative ways of film-making, the schedules get tighter, and the budgets get smaller each time. Regardless, we still have to deliver the same expectations and product because that's what distributors want. I was fortunate to have such an amazing cast and crew. Everybody was professional, came in on time, knowing exactly what they were doing and why they were doing it. We shot 10 days of principal photography and then we had three days of pickups. So it was three to 13 days. With action it's tough because you have to be ready to take the time to shoot it from all different angles, different punches, etc. but still didn't have enough time. But the priority is to just "get it in the can," as they say, and figure it out in post later on. As for the casting process, my distributors were helpful to let me know which actors they wanted to recruit and that made the process easier. As I mentioned earlier, I already had a preexisting relationship with Dolph Lundgren and got him attached literally after shooting another movie with him called 'Hard Night Falling.' Dolph only had a one month time frame, so we had to almost scramble to make it work but eventually the movie came together and I couldn't of been more proud of how it turned out.

DMR: Thank you for giving my audience insight to formulating a film from scratch on limited time. Share a story from the set of 'Acceleration', can be funny, or scary etc...
NB: Oh my gosh! I have an amazing story! During our pickups, my character had to drive the Maserati throughout Downtown L.A.; unfortunately, we didn’t have the budget to get permits and block off the streets, but we were going to wing it anyway. So, here I am driving at 3:00 am with a fake license plate with fake money and fake drugs in the trunk of the car. I eventually get lost and while trying to find my way back, I get pulled over and am surrounded by four cop cars. I honestly thought I was being pulled over for the fake license plate, but actually it was for driving towards traffic. Of course, I was extremely apologetic and explained that we were shooting a movie, and eventually the police let us go without a ticket.

DMR: Indie filmakng, always an adventure, great story! Can you share any non spoiler plot details, from the film?
NB: I think the most interesting part of the film is how the entire plot unfolds towards the end.
You have the two most interesting antagonists Vladik, played by Dolph Lundgren, and Kane, played by Sean Patrick Flanery, whom each have their own goals and ulterior motives throughout the plot that intertwines with Rhona’s primary objective of getting her kidnapped son Mika, who’s played by Dobromir Mashukov, back. I believe the audience will enjoy watching how all of the characters meet up, while discovering the twists and revelations behind each of their motives.

DMR: Chat about the release of 'Acceleration'.
NB: The movie has already been released and is available on multiple platforms, including Amazon Prime, where you can check it out, be entertain, and leave a review afterwards. Also, feel free to connect via social media and tell me your thoughts.

DMR: Finally wrapping up, can you shed some light on Hard Night Falling and The Fourth Horseman films, I noticed the Dolph film Hard Night Falling has wrapped, can you chat a bit about your character no spoilers of course.
NB: Hard Night Falling is out on Hulu and Amazon, and you should definitely check it out if you’re into cool, kick-ass scenes! The Fourth Horseman is currently holding for the time being, but there are plenty of other movies down the pipeline.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Jul 2021, 19:30

bomaz wrote:Acceleration is due to be released in France on DVD and BR on july 21st.

Same cover as almost everywhere else
https://www.amazon.fr/Acceleration-Blu- ... 093MQKLVK/

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies