AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (James Wan, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (James Wan, 2023) (complete

Postby Jox on 24 Oct 2023, 09:55

James Wan Speaks On Aquaman 2 Behind-The-Scenes Rumours: ‘This Narrative Has Emerged That Is Not The Reality’
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... e-reality/
“I’ve had to learn to be more Zen in dealing with all the noise around me, for sure,” James Wan tells Empire, as part of our world-exclusive Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom cover story. “I’m a pretty private person. I don’t get on social media and have fights, but it’s difficult because this narrative has emerged that is not the reality. The noise is fun to write about, and it gets clicks, but people don’t know the truth.” There may have been a change in leadership over at DC, but Wan gives the impression that he felt secure in realising his vision for the sequel, and in maintaining the epic, eccentric tone he had established in Arthur Curry’s first outing. “Look, I’m a collaborative filmmaker — I welcome people’s thoughts and opinions,” Wan says. “But ultimately, I feel I have more than proven myself. So, it was like: ‘This is the movie I want to make.’”

With regards to reshoots, Wan argues that they were in line with what’s expected for a film as big in scale as Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom. “We probably did seven or eight days,” he says, “which is nothing for a movie of this size. It was just spread out because it’s so hard to get your actors back once you’ve finished the initial shoot.”

Whatever the ups and downs were in creating this second Aquaman film, they haven't deterred Wan from considering the possibility of directing another instalment. “I haven’t directed a third movie [in a series] before, so I’d be open to doing another [Aquaman] if I got the same freedom I’ve had on these first two," he says. "I’m not sure what direction [Gunn and Safran] are going in, though, so who knows? I’ve learned to never say never.”
Jox
Site Admin

Re: AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (James Wan, 2023) (in post)

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2023, 19:42

Jox wrote:On the 2 covers of the new Empire mag
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... -revealed/
In a major new interview, Wan talks Empire through the film’s horror-inflected design touch-points, its unexpected buddy-comedy DNA, Arthur’s new fatherly responsibilities – and the challenges he faced making a DC behemoth while the hierarchy of power on one of Hollywood’s biggest franchises changed before his very eyes. All that, and get ready for plenty of new images and never-before-seen concept art, teasing the visual splendour of this return trip to Atlantis.

Preview:

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 27 Oct 2023, 20:52

‘Aquaman 2’ Now Going On A Friday
https://deadline.com/2023/10/aquaman-2- ... 235585303/
What is it with Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom? Is it Wednesday? Is it Friday? The DC sequel will now open on Friday Dec. 22 this year instead of Dec. 20. Know that Warners knows what they’re doing here: They turned Aquaman back in 2018 into the highest grossing DC movie of all-time at $1.15 billion. That movie launched on Saturday and Wednesday with previews, and after an official opening on a Friday (Dec. 21) cleared over $105M at the domestic B.O. by Christmas Day –which fell on a Tuesday that year. What they do here with the immediate shift is they capture more gross closer to the Christmas Day Monday when moviegoing shifts into high gear. It’s a four-day holiday weekend. Aquaman ended its stateside run at $335M.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 29 Oct 2023, 10:55

Maybe i miss something, but i never saw Dolph's character in trailer or TV spots Or Amber Heard , especially after trial
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 29 Oct 2023, 10:59

You barely see Nicole Kidman and Temuera Morrison either, so I don't think it means much, but it's obvious it focuses on Aquaman, Orm and Black Manta...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 11 Nov 2023, 16:48

Japanese trailers

1'

1'30
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 12 Nov 2023, 17:01

I'm not gonna lie but the vibes I"m getting from this film are not exactly great. Had a much better feeling from the trailers and early buzz on the first film.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby savagesketch on 13 Nov 2023, 05:38

It's because all we seem to get anymore are superhero films. The 10-year-old kid in me is stunned that I've now become completely burnt on superhero cinema, but enough already. The first AQUAMAN felt relatively fresh considering them time, 2018. In the five years since, we've had 20 films of varying levels, and they're all the same... Both parties are after some magical item, and the fate of the world hangs in the balance. It's become all so meh. Add to the fact that the sequel is coming at least two years too late, as well as the fact that James Gunn has inadvertently stated that this film doesn't matter, the whole thing is pretty inert.
savagesketch

Postby bomaz on 13 Nov 2023, 13:43

Well, sue me but I'm more inclined to see Aquaman 2 in theaters than Exp 4... I prefer James Wan over Scott Waugh any day of the year. So i will probably watch it in theaters (especially since i won't pay for my ticket :lol: ) :lol:
(But I'm a DC dude and a Dolph fan so I might be biased).
bomaz

Postby Jox on 13 Nov 2023, 20:09

One-sheet poster

Banner

Chinese poster

Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 14 Nov 2023, 06:10

savagesketch wrote:It's because all we seem to get anymore are superhero films. The 10-year-old kid in me is stunned that I've now become completely burnt on superhero cinema, but enough already. The first AQUAMAN felt relatively fresh considering them time, 2018. In the five years since, we've had 20 films of varying levels, and they're all the same... Both parties are after some magical item, and the fate of the world hangs in the balance. It's become all so meh. Add to the fact that the sequel is coming at least two years too late, as well as the fact that James Gunn has inadvertently stated that this film doesn't matter, the whole thing is pretty inert.

I feel like they gambled on Wan with the first one and it paid off because it was just so different from the cookie cutter MCU films of old. Then it made a ton of $ and the studio heads wanted more control. Wan has a lot of talent I love the early Conjuring stuff. I just hope Dolph gets a couple of good scenes in this and rides off into a better sunset.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 20 Nov 2023, 20:05

Will ‘Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom’ Beat The 2023 Box Office Curse?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2023/11/17/will-aquaman-and-the-lost-kingdom-beat-the-2023-box-office-curse/

Imax
http://www.imax.com/aquaman

Screen X

Real D 3D

EDIT:
New trailer

Character posters

Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 22 Nov 2023, 07:05

Didn't see Dolph in the teaser... honestly this looks like a pass for me even though Black Mantis seems like a decent antagonist.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies