AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (James Wan, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (James Wan, 2022) (in post)

Postby alex.sp89 on 25 Aug 2022, 17:02

Who knows maybe it is going to be a multiverse like in the last Spider Man no way home with Tobey McGuire reprising his role from the first trilogy. Affleck and Keaton together somehow. Director says that Keaton scene was confusing during test screening. New generation kids do not know who is Keaton. Affleck is more logical since Momoa was in Justice League with Ben - Batman...
alex.sp89

Postby bomaz on 15 Oct 2022, 08:22

They're doing pick up shots/reshot/ additional shots (pick one), and it includes Dolph and Nicole Kidman... so it's fine by me.
bomaz

Postby TEMIRLAN on 15 Oct 2022, 08:31

Dolph sharing a scene with one of the best actresses ever Nikole Kidman is definitely a cool news.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 15 Oct 2022, 18:24

Can't complain about Dolph + Nicole!

Now, I know it's seems like a rule with Warner/DC superhero movies but you can wonder about the reshoot/additional photography...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 16 Oct 2022, 08:35

Yes, given the current situation (amber heard; ezra miller / the flash ; the look for a new "DC project manager" at Warner...), this "reshoot" can mean nothing and everything.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 26 Oct 2022, 09:44

DC Shocker: James Gunn, Peter Safran to Lead Film, TV and Animation Division (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235248438/

(Peter Safran is the AQUAMAN producer)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 09 Dec 2022, 13:11

It's most likely that this Aquaman will be the last... so the last time we'll see King Nereus.
bomaz

Postby TEMIRLAN on 09 Dec 2022, 18:30

no, if this does well in theatres. warners change dc bosses like gloves so i don't thing gunn will be long on this place.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 12 Dec 2022, 21:17

Take this with a pinch of salt:
https://twitter.com/TheDC_Syndicate/sta ... 9309987840
https://www.screengeek.net/2022/12/12/a ... ber-heard/
#AquamanAndTheLostKingdom had a test screening last night

• Mera is still in the movie & her scenes remain unchanged
• Ben Affleck's #Batman is not in the movie
• Willem Dafoe's Vulko is also not in the movie
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 15 Dec 2022, 13:36

James Wan was asked to refrain his need of reshoot, as the movie already has a 205 millions $ price tag.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 15 Dec 2022, 20:15

Imagine the number of DL directorial projects you could finance with $205 million... more than enough for two lifetimes!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 16 Dec 2022, 03:53

I'm kinda shocked about this whole scenario... not really a fan of James Gunn tbh so not sure why they decided to give him the reigns most of his stuff has been underwhelming but hopefully Dolph gets a decent role and the film still ends up smashing at the box office.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby dude hallenbeck on 23 Dec 2022, 14:59

James Gunn is awful, both as a person and a writer, it's a shame he'll derail this series since I genuinely loved the prospect of Dolph being in such a big lavish fantasy movie.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 23 Jan 2023, 10:28

Michael Keaton’s Batman Back in ‘Aquaman 2?’ Jason Momoa Feeling ‘Really F—ing Good’ After James Gunn Meeting (Video)
https://www.thewrap.com/jason-momoa-aqu ... g-octopus/
The future of the DC universe has been in flux for months, with “Aquaman 2” at one point poised to feature a cameo from Michael Keaton’s Batman until reports swirled that the cameo was being jettisoned (a consequence of the scrapped “Batgirl” movie co-starring Keaton) in favor of Ben Affleck’s Batman for more universe cohesion. But Jason Momoa seemed to suggest to TheWrap that Keaton’s scenes as Batman could still potentially be on the table.

Speaking with TheWrap at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival in support of the documentary “Deep Rising,” which he narrated and produced about the environmental dangers and impact of deep-sea mining, Momoa was asked what it was like filming scenes with Keaton’s Batman.

“I shot with a couple different Batmans, but you just don’t know what’s going on and we’ll see what the end product is,” Momoa replied coyly.

When asked how he felt about his recent meeting with Gunn and Safran to talk about the future of the “Aquaman” franchise, Momoa seemed to address rumors that he could end up playing the DC character Lobo in addition to Aquaman.

“[I’m feeling] really f—king good. Aquaman’s not going anywhere so it’s alright,” he assured fans. “Everything’s gonna be good, we’re still here and then I might be dipping into some other things too.”

The actor was also forthcoming when asked if “Aquaman 2” would feature the return of the drumming octopus, a fan-favorite blink-and-you’ll-miss-it character from the $1 billion grossing first film.

“Oh yeah. He’ll be back alright,” Momoa promised. “But it’s hilarious. It’s wonderful. You’re gonna love it. This moment, I want you to remember that you asked me. It might be one of the funniest moments of the whole movie.”

Speaking about “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom” as a whole, Momoa talked about creating and writing the story for the film, and why he felt passionate about steering clear of some otherworldly threat.

“It’s really a journey with the brothers. Patrick Wilson is phenomenal and there’s just a lot of themes that are going on in it,” he said. “What I wanted to do was not have some alien force that’s trying to attack us. It’s not gonna be something that’s from an outer world. It’s all about what we’re doing to our planet, and we’re expediting what’s gonna happen when you melt the caps. It’s our future. You’re seeing it happen right now.”
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies