CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2021)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2019-2020) (filming)

Postby Jox on 17 Nov 2020, 19:47

Kim DeLonghi
https://www.instagram.com/kimdelonghiactor/
Working with Dolph has been amazing! Wish these false positive covid tests would stop happening so we can finish this movie

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 17 Nov 2020, 20:58

I don't really understand the sentence : does she find the testing process exhausting (thus delaying the shooting) or has the shooting stopped because of a positive test ?

Good thing is Dolph's daughter Ida arrived in Alabama, so she's still on board as (I guess) as Shea's daughter.
But Tim Man (Adkins' choreographer) is not part of the shooting. I wonder if they just rehearsed the stunts and don't need him on set, or if it means ther's gonna be less fight scenes ? (so far, it's just assumption to talk about the movie, I trust the team to get the best thing possible :lol: )
bomaz

Postby Moltisanti on 18 Nov 2020, 04:22

It's likely that positive tests have disrupted filming, thus delaying the shoot at times. I would think they have to wrap up within the next few days. Don't think this is a movie that will film beyond the Thanksgiving holiday period, but that's just an assumption.

Gotta be real tough for these sort of smaller productions to film in this era of COVID.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Nov 2020, 18:31

Scott Adkins on FB
I'm very happy with the level of action we've created for Castle Falls. Here's a tiny clip. Think the action fans will really appreciate what we've accomplished in a period where Covid-19 has made making movies so so difficut. I think the fans will be happy with this one. SA
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 22 Nov 2020, 09:15

Shooting has wrapped (I can't still not manage to find the url link in the page source code on instagram :( )
bomaz

Postby Jox on 22 Nov 2020, 13:56

(I can't still not manage to find the url link in the page source code on instagram :( )

(on Safari it's fairly easy and shows you images in a separate folder)
Jox
Site Admin

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2020) (wrapped)

Postby bomaz on 23 Nov 2020, 20:43

bomaz

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2020) (wrapped)

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2020, 18:26

Scott Adkins Talks The Art of Action, Max Cloud & Castle Falls
https://theactionelite.com/scott-adkins ... tle-falls/
So, you’re currently in Alabama right now shooting Castle Falls with Dolph Lundgren; how is that going?

Yeah, Birmingham, Alabama. It’s fine. It’s very difficult making a movie amongst all the COVID restrictions. You lose a large part of the beginning of your day with all the tests and there’s a hell of a lot of money spent on all the tests, which, of course, is necessary. But it was hard enough at this budget level anyway. The amount that you’re spending on the COVID tests takes two days away from your production schedule, two shooting days that you’ve lost so it’s not easy. We’ve been shut down a couple of times because of a scare and we’ve got one day left to film. I think we’ve finally done it. We started in March (laughs).

Do you think that this might change the way movies are made? My friends were saying recently how this could be the end of the big two hundred million-dollar blockbusters and that Hollywood might actually go for the smaller, more mid-level pictures now because streaming is going to be the way of things for a while.

That’s an interesting question. If people aren’t going to go to the cineplexes then I guess you could be looking at something like that, because that’s where the big bucks are made, isn’t it? When it comes on streaming and DVD and all the rest of it, there’s a hell of a lot of people out there that are just going to download this stuff for free. So that’s a huge amount of revenue lost. So, if you’re Avengers 3. That’s not a great situation to be in, is it? If you spend $250 million on your movie you need to make that back. So, I don’t know. I think eventually we’ll get back to normality and people will go back to the cinema because you can’t beat the shared experience with the crowd and the energy that brings. Being the first to see the movie on opening night, going in there with your popcorn, I mean, I miss it. I look forward to going back to the cinema.

Oh, yeah, definitely; hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. With Castle Falls – How are you finding Dolph as a director?

It’s been good actually. He’s very much concerned about the character and story, to be honest, a lot of action directors are very visual people and not so much concerned about silly things like a story sometimes (laughs). Now there’s been a hell of a lot of attention to that from Dolph and long conversations about who my character is and where he’s coming from and what the stakes are, creating a backstory and really delving deep into who this guy is. So, it’s been fun. It’s been rewarding. I feel good about the film. I mean, you never know until you’ve seen the first cut of the film, whether it works or not. But it was a really good script, great script to read. So that’s the first thing you need and I’m very satisfied with the action we’ve done, even though I’ve not had as much time as I normally have. From what I’ve done I’m happy with it from what I’ve seen so far. If the story comes together with that and you care about what’s going on with these two characters, then I think we might have a movie in there.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2021) (wrapped)

Postby Nathan on 26 Nov 2020, 18:05

Scott gives a good interview, he's always pretty insightful and honest. It's a shame COVID is affecting these productions, I mean you can't imagine something like Hard Night Falling shot in even less days and with even less "production value"...Dolph has sadly reached just about rock bottom recently a few times as it is.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2021) (wrapped)

Postby Jox on 29 Nov 2020, 18:51

Adkins:
Sneak peak from the upcoming #CastleFalls - bringing it with the action in this one

https://www.instagram.com/p/CILdA17nxsl/
Jox
Site Admin

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2021) (in post-production)

Postby preacher on 18 Dec 2020, 17:44

The choreo is basic but DP work and editing actually looks really good and elevates the action. The fight has impact and a nice flow. Promising!
preacher
Regular

Postby bomaz on 18 Dec 2020, 19:07

Yes. Maybe it's the fanboy in me speaking, but even a small clip with raw editing like this reassuring (and at least, no visible double on close shots).
Do we know for sure the War Pig's editor is working on this one ?
bomaz

Postby DRC2013 on 18 Dec 2020, 23:47

Looks decent! My only gripe is that there is no way his glasses would have stayed on and intact after the first punch that landed on his face. :D
DRC2013

Postby bomaz on 19 Dec 2020, 10:05

hahaha :lol: Dolph answered this very question on Instagram : he has a military thingie (stripe ?) that holds his glasses, like soldier on operation. It seems to have bugged a lot of people on Instagram (as someone who wears glasses ... i didn't even noticed :lol: )
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies