SECTION EIGHT (Christian Sesma, 2022)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SECTION EIGHT (Christian Sesma, 2022)

Postby savagesketch on 09 Oct 2022, 20:20

New episode is here for the month! The elusive Vern joins me once again, this time to discuss one of Dolph's more recent efforts -- SECTION 8! Enjoy!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... section-8/

As always, please feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 10 Oct 2022, 21:40

Will to wait until I get to see it so I can listen to this episode.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 11 Oct 2022, 10:44

I watched this one and Operation Seawolf back to back recently. What I can say about S8 ,- IT IS VERY PREDICTABLE. Ryan Kwanten is the star of this movie, DL (who is also producer) has a very small role. I was the most impressed about Scott Adkins intro scene into the movie. He was like a James Bond. Later on his scenes are weaker, a prof. who couldn't kill Kwanten shooting him across the street. Unbelievable, really. Adkins a real pro in first scene and so unprof. in the next one. Without Adkins i do not see anything special in fights and action scenes. Dermot dismissal and shoutout with DL very weak in my opinion.. Last act usually needs to be very impressive. Here not so much...
Rourke has mostly just dialogue and appears 10 minutes.
It worked mostly because of DL, Adkins, Dermot, Rourke in the project- big name stars.
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 10 Jan 2023, 20:49

UK digital release January 16

Sony Pictures Announce The Home Entertainment Release Of January 16 For Christian Sesma’s High-Octane Thriller SECTION 8
https://www.thefancarpet.com/movie_news ... section-8/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Mar 2023, 20:55

Thanks for pointing that out:
It starts w the scene setting of:

"Mosul, Afghanistan"

... yikes.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status ... 4900792320

(Mosul is in Iraq)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 14 Mar 2023, 13:51

Watched this last night.

Whilst it isn't anything to write home about, it is a well made film generally. The locations are decent, the cinematography and lighting is decent, the acting is really good from everyone. The action, whilst it is pretty pedestrian gets extra points for actual blanks being used, real explosions, blood squibs.

It's better than all of Dolph's recent DTV movies in this regard. The story is also pretty pedestrian and there could have been a little more emotional weight in the set-up and a bit more care taken but it moves along nicely and there are multiple twists in the last act which pull it above average as well.

They obviously spent a bit of money on this and supporting role wise instead of just taking the 'extended cameos' and having them talking in a room in the one location and slotted in there they are given actual roles and are well utilised, although I suspect Dolph did a few days on this.

Dolph was good in this, sympathetic and believable, he does get better with age. He's started to bring gravitas to the films he is in when he's given an actual character to play. I noticed he is hobbling around really badly so definitely just before his op.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Previous

Return to Dolph's Movies