DOLPH doc (Andrew Holmes, 2021-2023) (doc) (in post)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

DOLPH doc (Andrew Holmes, 2021-2023) (doc) (in post)

Postby Jox on 16 Nov 2021, 19:28

They've been filming since August/September but it's now official:

Dolph Lundgren Executive Producing Documentary About Himself (EXCLUSIVE)
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/dolp ... 235112927/
Dolph Lundgren will executive produce “Dolph,” a documentary film about the Swedish actor’s own life, chronicling his rise to becoming one of Hollywood’s most treasured action stars.

[...]

“I feel like now is the perfect time to produce this documentary about my life story, because I’ve now come full circle in a way,” Lundgren said in a statement. “There have been some tough times that I’ve been through, and I’ve had to pay a price to get where I am now. This film isn’t a celebration of my known successes, rather an examination of a man’s journey to truly find himself and the happiness he desires. I want audiences to really get to know me, and maybe my story will help someone understand what they too might have to endure to get to that certain place in their life. Our message is that the journey can be tough, but if you keep going, everyone has a chance to eventually get to their destination.”

Beyond screen acting, Lundgren has also received a Master’s degree in chemical engineering and is a dedicated martial artist, author, director and producer, all of which “Dolph” will touch on.

“Working with the likes of Dolph Lundgren and Adam Scorgie is a dream scenario for any filmmaker,” Holmes said. “I was a fan of Dolph’s prior to the project, but it wasn’t until I started doing my research that I realized how highly educated and hard-working he is. It’s simple to see that audiences are going to devour this man’s awe-inspiring story, which has the ability to connect and resonate with every person who watches. In today’s world, people like Dolph Lundgren, who have risked everything they have to find themselves, offer great motivation for those who are currently grinding to achieve their dreams, whatever that may be.”

Lundgren’s Red Orm Productions will work along with Score G Productions and Famous Red Car Pictures to executive produce the project. Andrew Holmes (“Bisping,” “The Humanity Bureau”) is writing and directing the documentary. Adam Scorgie and Shane Fennessey serve as lead producers.

A documentary about Lundgren’s life had been in the works before. The project was not completed because the production had never obtained the actor’s life rights. “Dolph” represents a completely new project.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: DOLPH (Andrew Holmes, 2021-2022) (documentary) (filming)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 16 Nov 2021, 20:59

Interesting.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 06 Jan 2022, 21:08

Famous Red Car

Our first shoot of 2022 is nearly in the books! We are once again reminded how fortunate we are to be telling @dolphlundgren’s incredible story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYZbPSNN-c_/

Adam Scorgie

Another powerful day of filming with the legend himself @dolphlundgren

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYZwlzgtXEW/

Andrew Holmes

First shoot of 2022 coming to a wrap!

https://twitter.com/And_Holmes/status/1 ... 7867232260
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Jan 2022, 21:21

https://www.scoregproductions.co/post/d ... 021-update
This September the team began production on Dolph Lundgren’s feature documentary. Dolph has been a Hollywood action star for over 35 years, with nearly 100 acting credits to his name. But he is still best known for his first major film in 1985 – Rocky IV - where he portrayed the indomitable Russian, Ivan Drago. Our filming took us to Dolph’s longtime home in Marbella, Spain; his hometown of Stockholm, Sweden; a quick stopover in Geneva, Switzerland; and to London, UK where he was filming Expendables 4 and Aquaman 2 back to back. Four great countries in three weeks was a thrill to experience. But, as the guy who organizes our travel logistics, four countries with four different sets of Covid restrictions and protocols proved challenging! (Covid-19: “I must break you!”)

The team is heading back to Sweden to film with Dolph and his family over New Years. It will be a great opportunity to have Dolph show us around the place he spent his formative years. One fascinating segment of the trip will be a few days in the northern Swedish town of Nyland – population 908 – where Dolph was shipped off to boarding school as a young boy.

Mid-January we will continue production on Dolph’s documentary with a trip to LA to interview some key characters from his life, highlighted by one of Dolph's most legendary co-stars. I'm not at liberty to say who, but it's going to be better than a Two Dollar Special. Also, brace yourselves for the obligatory In-N-Out Burger posts.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby JuV on 19 Jan 2022, 20:49

Cool to see Arnold in this. I'm guessing they're referring to Stallone with the "one of Dolph's most legendary co-stars".
JuV

Postby TEMIRLAN on 20 Jan 2022, 12:40

van damme would be a nice guest in it too. but considering his lazyness i guess he won't be in it.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 20 Jan 2022, 19:26

I'm sure if Dolph calls JCVD he will do it, it's more a matter of logistics and where VD is currently based now (is he in Europe, Hong Kong or elsewhere?)...

Here is what they project for a release at the moment:
We don’t have a release date yet, but sometime in late 2023.

https://twitter.com/AdamScoreG/status/1 ... 1344908288
Jox
Site Admin

Postby JuV on 20 Jan 2022, 21:50

Cool to see some behind the scenes pics of Stallone and Arnold! Hoping JCVD will be part of it as well, but with exception to commercials and stuff he's saying on social media, he's not appearing in much. It's rather hard to know his whereabouts as well, he seems to travel quite a bit. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a bit of Scott Adkins either. Considering it's coming out late 2023 there's probably still tons of people that will be interviewed 8)
JuV

Postby alex.sp89 on 21 Jan 2022, 10:50

2023 the release ? it is kind of too late. November, 3rd 2022 is the ideal date on DL 65th day of birth. IT can be the best gift ...
alex.sp89

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies