DOLPH doc (Andrew Holmes, 2021-2023) (doc) (in post)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DOLPH doc (Andrew Holmes, 2021-2023) (doc) (in post)

Postby Jox on 14 Mar 2023, 19:22

Nathan wrote:This must be pretty big - I see Sly and Arnie were interviewed for it.

That was the point of dropping the previous documentary project, to make it bigger and more commercial...

I don't know the quality of this company's documentaries but they sure seem to know how to get deals and profit from them. Which is kind of a shame because I think that to make an honest and deep documentary you need to step aside from the "making money" business a little bit...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Mar 2023, 19:23

JCVD interviewed
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqVqjJyLGoQ/
famousredcar

DOLPH • A very special thanks to @jcvd for taking the time to chat with us! Another legendary interview for this very special film.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/AdamScoreG/status/1 ... 8850701313
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 31 Mar 2023, 09:36

New sequence for the doc?

Action icons Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dolph Lundgren pump iron together at legendary Gold's Gym in LA's Venice Beach
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... Beach.html

(also present is Ralph Moeller who can be seen with them)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Apr 2023, 10:36

dolphlundgren

Shooting the last interview for my documentary. They’ve been with us for a year and a half now. Pretty interesting stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqvibXQJfHq/?img_index=1
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 Jun 2023, 19:27

After the 3-part doc on Arnold comes one on Stallone to be released in November, and for some reason I wonder if both didn't ignite those projects after being interviewed on the upcoming Dolph doc...? (kind of like "if Dolph gets his own doc, why don't I have one?")

Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 03 Jul 2023, 09:35

I was thinking the same thing Jox. If they picked the idea after Dolph interview they moved fast to make their own bio movies and release them first. The most of the people will think now that actually Dolph plagiarized them after all..As usually for Dolph will be too late ... as in his early days career never found support and studio, director to make his projects come true and be the first and people like Sly and Arnold will find it all quickly and move forward and make a lot of money and fame. I told even last year that the best period to release it was last fall when Dolph turned 65 y.o - almost round date..

Will DL be the same 3 part documentary ? Honestly about Arnold have been made very many documentaries in the past , about Sly not that much and never heard of a proper documentary about Dolph. Let's hope Dolph bio film will be somehow original - reports from the set of his directed movie WM, battle of cancer, even on Graham show we saw some footage from his cancer surgery - well it was filmed on purpose back in 2020. Let[s hope these doc eill not make him very vulnerable after his image built as a strong action star who crashes his enemies with a cold stone...
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 11 Jul 2023, 17:51

alex.sp89 wrote:Will DL be the same 3 part documentary ?

I don't believe that was the plan but who knows if they end up structure it in 3 parts...

What's for sure is that they know how to pitch & market their projects:
https://www.scoregproductions.co/post/a ... june-recap
Deep in the Editing Process: Dolph Lundgren Documentary

One of our primary focuses has been the editing process for the highly anticipated Dolph Lundgren documentary. We've been dedicated to crafting a compelling story, delving deep into Lundgren's life and career with the incredible footage we have captured. The team has been meticulously reviewing footage and archive, selecting the most captivating moments, and weaving them together with the goal of delivering a solid rough cut, we're working tirelessly to have the rough cut ready for Dolph and the team to review by the end of August. Stay tuned for updates on this future award-winning project!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 11 Jul 2023, 18:31

I watched Arnold (2023) documentary recently and looks like they could filmed at the same time as DOLPH (2023) documentary because they even interviewed Ivan Reitman who passed away A LONG TIME AGO (February 12, 2022). That is why is very problematic to say who stole the idea of this documentaries and was first. I t will be really nice to see interviews with directors like Gary Goddard, Craig Baxley, Mark L Lester, Roland Emmerich, Perry Lang, Joseph Zito, Vic Armstrong, Ted Kotcheff with whom DL worked in his Golden era/ Even late Manny Coto could be a pleasant surprise
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 11 Jul 2023, 18:40

alex.sp89 wrote:I watched Arnold (2023) documentary recently and looks like they could filmed at the same time as DOLPH (2023) documentary because they even interviewed Ivan Reitman who passed away A LONG TIME AGO (February 12, 2022).

Ah okay.

I t will be really nice to see interviews with directors like Gary Goddard, Craig Baxley, Mark L Lester, Roland Emmerich, Perry Lang, Joseph Zito, Vic Armstrong, Ted Kotcheff with whom DL worked in his Golden era/ Even late Manny Coto could be a pleasant surprise

I think it's gonna be focusing on Dolph's life, and if a couple or a few directors are interviewed, it probably will be those who worked on the most popular titles.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Sep 2023, 19:48

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxqXThSL7de ... 09144f&g=5
In New York City, finishing principal photography on my documentary. Wrapping up two years of shooting. Can’t wait to see it - and show it to y’all. So much work goes into making a documentary, it’s amazing. I’m lucky to have a great team working on it.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 30 Sep 2023, 17:37

Wel I guess this will be ready the next year release.I would love to see it in few episodes, archival, childhood footage, competition time video which is gold to see it today
alex.sp89

Previous

Return to Dolph's Movies