SILENT TRIGGER (Russell Mulcahy, 1996)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SILENT TRIGGER (Russell Mulcahy, 1996)

Postby Jox on 02 Dec 2014, 14:15

punisher55 wrote:you have this cover big size ?

I don't have the 2D in higher resolution...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Dec 2014, 12:40

The first feedbacks from those who already received the Blu-ray state a nearly perfect transfer in both image and sound quality. 8)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Dec 2014, 18:04

Here it is!

Jox
Site Admin

Postby waxman on 08 Dec 2014, 20:22

That's looks beautiful! Thanks, Jox.
I especially like the fact that they included isolated audio track. I've been trying to track down the soundtrack of the movie but the only copies I could find were used ones, and they were really expensive too.

Some questions;
1. What's the difference between digipack and amaray disc in terms of contents? If they are the same, why is the digipack a "special edition"?
2. I guess the booklet is in German. Would you be able to send me the English version you initially made?
3. Can you recommend any sites for international order? (I am in Canada) I don't have a region free player but I decided to order it anyway. I will buy a region free player later.

Thank you!
waxman

Postby Jox on 08 Dec 2014, 20:58

Glad you like it.

I myself also dig the isolated Music & Effects track and wish it would be added on more editions especially the ones that haven't any score album released (Jan Hammer's DARK ANGEL anyone?!).

waxman wrote:Some questions;
1. What's the difference between digipack and amaray disc in terms of contents? If they are the same, why is the digipack a "special edition"?

The disc extras were initially supposed to be only on the digipack edition, but since some Germans forumers whined about it, the distributors relectantly agreed to release the same discs. But the Amaray doesn't have the booklet or additional DVD (and of course a custom digipack is also much more expensive to produce compared to a paper cover slipped in a standard Amaray case.
2. I guess the booklet is in German. Would you be able to send me the English version you initially made?

Definitely, will gladly do so! ;-)
Send me a PM or email once you've ordered it.

The English text (extended compared to the booklet which had to be cut down fpr space) is included as a single PDF file on the Blu-ray disc for those who have a computer BD player.
3. Can you recommend any sites for international order? (I am in Canada) I don't have a region free player but I decided to order it anyway. I will buy a region free player later.

I recommend The links posted above should work for international orders. I recommend Medienversand.de, shipping to Europe is very quick and reliable. Expect high shipping fee to Canada I guess, but they all are expensive.
http://www.medienversand.at/DVD/Gesamtv ... -ray-.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Dec 2014, 12:20

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... st10127609
Andrew Woo
Just checked the first 10 minutes of it. Quality blew me away. :)

KowalskiVideo
Can only second what Andrew said, the quality is top notch. Picture is detailed, razor-sharp, rich-blacks, the great ligthing and set-design really shows now. It still has this is very analog cinematic feel (even the brief moments of 1990s CGI). Soundwise the "far field" mix literally blew me away, sounding very agressiv and dynamic. Anyone who previously wachted this film only via VHS or crappy pan&scan DVDs, be prepared for a whole new experience. So sad, this never had a proper wide theatrical release, as it was so obviously made for the big screen.

Almost forgot: The Booklet is well written, tons of background information and some sharp analysis, congrats Jerry! The addition of the full english version as PDF was very welcome.

PS the bonus German trailers of RED SCORPION, PUNISHER and DARK ANGEL are genuine transfers from vintage dirty 35mm prints so it feels like a throwback to those days in a non-multiplex movie theater or the times of exploitation movies.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 09 Dec 2014, 14:12

That whole package looks completely amazing. It's disappointing there's no love put into home video releases any more. Probably because of fucking piracy and digital streaming services. But any time they release stuff like this for movies, always buy it.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 11 Dec 2014, 19:41

Great news thanks to 'KowalskiVideo', Blu-ray.com member:
YOU DO NOT NEED A REGION-FREE PLAYER! "as long as you can access the "title" selection (during the region mismatch screen), he will be able to play the disc. Most every Player should be able to do this, even a PS3 can do it. (By the way, this trick works on some others indie-titles as well)!" 8)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 15 Dec 2014, 14:23

'Blap'
Hier lohnt sich die höherpreisige Ausgabe, denn das beigefügte Booklet ist unbezahlbar!

Glücklicherweise hat man eine brauchbare Verpackung gewählt, aus der sich das Booklet bequem entnehmen lässt.

It is worth the higher-priced edition, because the attached booklet is priceless!

Fortunately, you have chosen a useful packaging, may be inferred from the comfort of the booklet.

http://dirtypictures.phpbb8.de/subkultu ... 58-60.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby waxman on 15 Dec 2014, 23:36

I ordered a digipack from medienversand last week. I can't read German in the booklet and don't see a point of having a DVD in addition to a BD, so I really didn't need to go for the digipack instead of the amaray, but I wanted to support Subkultur's decision to release a special edition of ST by buying a digipack (also the whole packaging looks really nice).

Medienversand charges shipping by order, not by number of items, so I also ordered The Defender blu ray at the same time. The Defender is also one of my favourite Dolph movies. I understand the German version is the only BD of The Defender? Region 1 DVD is not anamorphic and I always wanted to have a BD. I know many of European releases are heavily cut. Hopefully this is uncut.

Let's hope region A player plays both of the blu ray disks.
waxman

Postby Jox on 16 Dec 2014, 01:31

waxman wrote:I can't read German in the booklet

Anybody who buys the digipack I'd be happy to send you the full English text. :wink:
(which is on the blu-ray "ROM" part od the disc for those who have a PC or Mac player)
waxman wrote:but I wanted to support Subkultur's decision to release a special edition of ST by buying a digipack (also the whole packaging looks really nice).

That's the spirit, I like that! 8)
waxman wrote:I understand the German version is the only BD of The Defender?
Yes this is the only Blu-ray of THE DEFENDER so far and it's uncut.
I know many of European releases are heavily cut. Hopefully this is uncut.
Not necessarily but in Germany particularly yes, or they have several versions for the same movie...
Let's hope region A player plays both of the blu ray disks.
Try this:
Jox wrote:Great news thanks to 'KowalskiVideo', Blu-ray.com member:
YOU DO NOT NEED A REGION-FREE PLAYER! "as long as you can access the "title" selection (during the region mismatch screen), he will be able to play the disc. Most every Player should be able to do this, even a PS3 can do it. (By the way, this trick works on some others indie-titles as well)!" 8)

(I believe THE DEFENDER is region-free?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Dec 2014, 17:36

Jox wrote:Rutger Hauer attached in 1991?
http://articles.philly.com/1991-05-20/b ... big-number
The Algonquin Goodbye, another action film starring Hauer, is also in production.

(for your information the script was originally written in 1987)

http://variety.com/1991/film/features/a ... -99126388/
Upcoming films, some of which will be unveiled or put up for sale at the Cannes festival, include “The Algonquin Goodbye,” a $7 million thriller to be helmed and toplined by Rutger Hauer,
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 Dec 2014, 15:49

Blu-ray vs French DVD screenshots comparison:
http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleic ... #vergleich
(nuff said)

(Blu-ray)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 01 Jan 2015, 19:27

I guess the Israeli title, שובו של המחסל, means "Return of the Terminator"...
http://vod.walla.co.il/movie/1865279/silent-trigger
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies