Which movies of Dolph you have at home?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby dolphage on 01 Sep 2007, 19:18

Rover wrote:You guys must have one roome in your house dedicated to Dolph...

My ENTIRE LIFE is dedicated to Dolph (fckng) Lundgren!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Wol4ica on 01 Sep 2007, 20:28

Just reasantly I hade
"Mechanic"
"Diamond Dogs"
"Blackjack"
"Detention"

But as my laptop has not much of free space, I deleted them. So when I will wish to see another movie with Dolph, I just download from the internet and watch.
Wol4ica

Postby Christine on 01 Sep 2007, 23:07

Wol4ica wrote:Just reasantly I hade
"Mechanic"
"Diamond Dogs"
"Blackjack"
"Detention"

But as my laptop has not much of free space, I deleted them. So when I will wish to see another movie with Dolph, I just download from the internet and watch.

Hi, please can you tell me where are you downloading Dolphs movies from the internet?? I know that most of them are pretty hard to find even on the internet.
Thanks.
Christine

Postby Christine on 01 Sep 2007, 23:27

Dolphs movies that i own?? Gees, im watching Dolphs movies already for the past 22 years now, and in certain moments of my life i basically owned each and every one he has made so far, a few i deleted after some time, a few i kept to this day, and a few i saw in theatres (Joshua Tree, Cover Up, The Shooter). The movies that i have either deleted and wanted to see buy or tape again from TV, OR that i still own after so many years are:

Masters of the Universe (the 1st Dolph movie i saw. Imo his most memorable and generally the best most ambitious work to date)
Rocky IV
Red Scorpion
Dark Angel (owned it for many years, then deleted it, a couple of days ago i bought the film from ebay, i can not live without this film) :wink:
Punisher
Showdown in Little Tokyo
Universal Soldiers
Men Of War
The Shooter
Silent Trigger
Joshua Tree
Sweepers
Bridge Of Dragons
Last Patrol (I soooo love this misunderstood a bit kinda philosphical film, the best film to relax to he has made i guess) 8)
Hidden Agenda
Defender
Mechanik (the only film im not afraid to call a B-movie subtle action masterpiece and one of the best most interesting subtle interpretations of the revenge explored on film - maybe not the best classical Dolph film, but the best film from the artistic standpoint certainly)

Imo, Dolph Lundgren is one of the most unique actors i have ever seen, and i think ill never see anyone as unique for the rest of my life.
Christine

Postby Jox on 02 Sep 2007, 03:37

Christine wrote:
Wol4ica wrote:Just reasantly I hade
"Mechanic"
"Diamond Dogs"
"Blackjack"
"Detention"

Hi, please can you tell me where are you downloading Dolphs movies from the internet?? I know that most of them are pretty hard to find even on the internet.
Thanks.

Please no movie download talks or tips here.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 02 Sep 2007, 21:05

Jox wrote:Please no movie download talks or tips here.

Plus, if you are true fans, you buy his movies instead of downloading them. Otherwise they don't earn money and Dolph will get even smaller budgets.

If you want him to produce good movies, BUY the DVDs. Most of them are very cheap anyways.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 02 Sep 2007, 21:14

Exactly what I mean, I'm not here to preach, what you do is not my problem.

It's just that we're here to support Dolph movies which, in comparison to the average theatrical market, are not the most successful nor the most expensive ones (and are even made for less than they supposed to as DD just proved).

So as fans it's only fair to go buy or rent them...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Rover on 02 Sep 2007, 22:38

I understand why fans would want to get Dolph's movies from the net, if they plan on buying the DVD if they liked it :)
(this is what I usually do, it's not a question of price, it's a question of looking for the DVD, Dolph's movies are not easy to find...)
I have the poweeer!
Rover

Postby Geoff on 03 Sep 2007, 09:37

There is nothing better than see all his movies lined up under the tv and thinking "hhhhuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm watch should I watch tonight" even my wife likes them now and I think may have a slight crush on the man! :D
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Sep 2007, 10:25

Rover wrote:(this is what I usually do, it's not a question of price, it's a question of looking for the DVD, Dolph's movies are not easy to find...)

They're not the most commons but on the net it's pretty find them if only with all the second hand and auction stores...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 03 Sep 2007, 18:41

Geoff wrote:There is nothing better than see all his movies lined up under the tv and thinking "hhhhuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm watch should I watch tonight" even my wife likes them now and I think may have a slight crush on the man! :D

That IS a great feeling.
People get weirded out when they come to my place because about 70% of my entire DVD collection consists of Dolph movies and I´v only got a few other films, like fifteen discs, or so. So people see the obsession up front. They quickly find out that it´s all about the fckng Dolpherino for yours truly!

And buying all of Dolph´s movies is a must for each Dolphfanatic. Most of them are awesome enough to warrant a purchase anyway, but even insanely bad movies like "Last patrol/Last Warrior" need to be bought too, just to support the Big Guy.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jekaterina on 05 Sep 2007, 22:52

DVD:
The Punisher - twice - I bought one Version first which sucks because it is only in German and mutilated (the cursing Yakuza woman is missing for one thing and I love that speech ;)) and now I've got the real thing
Red Scorpion
Retrograde
Dark Angel

On Tape (in really bad condition and most only in German):
Masters of the Universe
Universal Soldier
Barrett (german)
Joshua Tree (english)
Showdown in little Tokyo

My boyfriend doesn't really understand the appeal of those movies - and of course none of my female friends do, so I watch them when I am alone. :roll:
It's a bit of nostalgia, I guess.
He was the Hero of my teenage years - I remember heated arguments with my mum about how I could possibly put up huge Posters of that "ugly brute" in my room.
She was afraid I might need therapy, I guess. ;)
Now that I remember, it wasn't even legal for me to watch those films, I should have been 18 before watching The Punisher and 16 for the others. So I would stand there in the video store, heart thumping like crazy, hoping to get away with it - which I did, but I guess I wasn't fooling anyone.
Jekaterina

Postby Christine on 06 Sep 2007, 22:42

Jekaterina wrote:My boyfriend doesn't really understand the appeal of those movies - and of course none of my female friends do, so I watch them when I am alone. :roll:

Yea tell me about it, why is it so hard for some people just enjoying "fun" movies once in a while. Maybe to some people i come across as some action buff, but that's not true, i like all kinds of movies, it's just when it comes to having a truly good time and sort of relaxing at the movies, then there's nothing better than Dolph's actioners. Maybe it's a guilty pleasure, but it's damn worth it! Although i must admit that i was never into those chick flicks most of my female friends used to watch on a daily basis. :wink:
Christine

Postby Jox on 06 Sep 2007, 22:54

Well the thing is even in by action standards most people find Dolph movies to be so lame (even the best ones)... I took me some time to say I loved his films in the open but when I was a kid and a teenager i would hide it from anyone...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 07 Sep 2007, 00:33

Yeah, one guy thought it was pretty bold of me to say that Dolph is my favourie actor (on the action & adventure board of the IMDB).

I am lucky: I have a female friend who shares my Dolph enthusiasm (and the general enthusiasm for action / horror comedy / martial arts). Unfortunately she lives quite far away from here. But when she visits we usually put the our kids to bed, let the boys go out and then watch videos. Usually Dolph movies, but last time we had a Re-Animator night.

All my friends know that I'm a Dolph fan. Recently I got an SMS from a friend: "Hey, we're on vacation. And they have a cheap copy of a Dolph Lundgren workout video over here. 50 cent. Interested?" Of course I was!!! Haven't heard yet but I really, really hope they got Maximum Potential for me. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies