THE DEFENDER (Dolph Lundgren, 2004)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby hansson55 on 24 Sep 2005, 11:50

I agre Retrogade should never been made
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2005, 22:13

well, that's not the problem because I think the script had one of the most original premises in a Dolph movie, but the budget was very very low, and the producers wanted to go in different directions, and also didn't approve the director's cut...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 25 Sep 2005, 02:32

Even with the low budget that film was a disaster. I didn't think the concept was that great to begin with. Time traveling has been done to death so unless you have something new to offer you better at least be able to deliver decent action sequences which this film could not.

It's a shame because both DIRECT ACTION and the THE DEFENDER were good reminders for me as to why Lundgren is my favorite. I had really low expectations for RETROGRADE and the film couldn't even meet those. Thankfully THE MECHANIK looks to have what it takes to wash the thought of RETROGRADE out of my head.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby carrie on 26 Sep 2005, 01:18

AWWWW GUYS DONT BE TO HARD ON IT, IT WASNT THAT BAD, HE LOOKS REALLY HORNY WHEN THEY FIND HIM AND TAKE HIM BACK AND HE JUST WAKES UP ON THAT BED/STRETCHER ALL BARE CHESTED ARE GORGEOUS,HE DID WELL WITH WHAT HE HAD TO WORK WITH. I THOUGHT IT WAS LOADS BETTER THAN "AGENT RED".
I WILL DEFEND HIM HERE BUT THAT DONT MEAN IVE FORGIVEN HIM FOR NOT UPDATING HIS OWN SITE REGULARLY. :cry:
carrie
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 27 Sep 2005, 04:06

I suppose if you're mainly looking for Lundgren to be shirtless then RETROGRADE could be viewed as a winner. Maybe that's a reason why I didn't much care for JILL THE RIPPER. I tend to enjoy the movies where he's playing cool characters and has exciting action sequences. But I'm glad that he can appeal to different people for different reasons. 8)
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby carrie on 27 Sep 2005, 23:29

sexy and shirtless-way to many to mention :wink:
carrie
Regular

Postby Terminator on 29 Sep 2005, 21:45

Yes (thx a million to Mosquito who could make this movie come true to me. ;) ), I've watched this movie (several times). It is the usual action genre, but it was a little like Black Jack, dunno why. =)
I think to me, as a muscle fanatic, it was somehow "neglecting" not to show his great body performance... maybe it is just because of the minimized wide screen on my DVD program here, but he looks kind of skinny. ^^
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Defender

Postby hansson55 on 05 Oct 2005, 17:19

I saw The Defender to day and I am so impresst by the big one. This is probobly the best Dolph movie ever been made, this is the film I dreamt about, how know that in the end he hade to direct it him self. I love the musik, the cast and the directing is great as the sound and the visuals. I realy cant wait for The Mechanik..
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 05 Oct 2005, 22:09

Well, it is not bad and sure it is better than most of his recent movies. But I think the older ones are still much better. The Defender doesn't come close to SILT or The Punisher or others.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 05 Oct 2005, 22:11

Glad to see you enjoyed it like everyone else who has seen it. Even some disgruntled Seagal fans have nejoyed Defender, wondering why Seagal makes really crap movies for 3 times the budget of Defender.

Defender really does put to shame anything from Wesley, Van Damme and Seagal in recent years.
Tom
Regular

Postby TombRaider on 12 Oct 2005, 17:01

TombRaider
Regular

Postby preacher on 12 Oct 2005, 23:33

Could not avoid seeing the crappy extras on the R1 DVD.
Would have been so awesome with directors commentary from Dolph or at least a 'making of'.
Is that the only version released or perhaps this is the rental-version and there will be another one out in stores with more extras?
They do that all the time here (sweden).

I'm keeping my hopes up because my girlfriend is in LA now and will be by the time of The Defenders release. And I have sort of hinted what I want for my birthday which is comming up shortly. ;)

peace.
preacher
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 13 Oct 2005, 03:55

I was hoping for at least a commentary from Lundgren as well but I kind of figured it wouldn't happen since they do it so rarely for DTV films. At least this version is in widescreen so it's already better than the Thai one I used to have.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Travis on 14 Oct 2005, 02:37

Does Dolph look good shirtless in Retrograde?
Travis
Regular

Postby carrie on 14 Oct 2005, 22:19

he isnt "big" as he was in say red scorpion,in fact he isnt "big" at all,have you seen detention? if you have he is about the same size as he was in that- kinda lean but well toned.i think he looks good barechested in most films(it should be written in to his contracts for every movie he makes :lol: ).what can i say,i reckon the guy is simply perfect,a walking,talking work of art.
carrie
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies