THE DEFENDER (Dolph Lundgren, 2004)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

THE DEFENDER (Dolph Lundgren, 2004)

Postby Krom on 27 Jan 2004, 20:38

Hi.

I'm the president of eastern europe and romanian Arnold Schwarzenegger fan club - http://www.Arnold.ro - and the owner of the international portal of Arnold Fans http://www.GlobalArnold.com

The idea is that Dolph is here, in Romania, since sunday jan 25, 2004 to make a movie (IT WAITS under a different name) DIRECTED by him.So he's directorial debut is here :)
Has been on television few minutes ago..then i decide to join this forum..a and he had long hair (never seen before like this, not like in he-man or other movie), very cool look and he said that he decide about directing this movie a few weeks ago.

PS:I love him..he's my second action hero after Arnold and i wish to see one day when my favorite movie, Joshua Tree, wil be on dvd in widescreeen and 5.1 sound...army of one version suck.

I've seen all of his movies, but the last one, Detention let me down..after Hidden Agenda i was very excited to his comeback.
I hope in the future he'll be back to theaters

Good Luck to all.
Last edited by Krom on 28 Jan 2004, 00:42, edited 3 times in total.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby bomaz on 27 Jan 2004, 22:30

good news !!!
thanks !
bomaz

Postby Dawn on 28 Jan 2004, 06:43

Wow! good news. Just found this tidbit:

The President of Media Pro says that this FALL J.C. Van Damme will be in
Romania for shooting a movie..i really don't know wich one...and he said
that Dolph lundgren will be here in this Fall too.

from: http://www.vandammefan.net/news_id=24072003.htm[/quote]
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

RE:

Postby Krom on 28 Jan 2004, 11:56

LOL.This is an article made by me last year."KROM" is everywhere:)
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Jan 2004, 12:12

Great news!! Can you confirm it?
What do you mean by "IT WAITS under a different name"?
Thanks anyway for sharing it with us. I'm both glad and surprised that Dolph is directing because he was always reluctant about directing a movie, saying that it was the hardest job in the movie business and he was first concentrating on acting and then eventually on producing and writting... Just hope it will turn out good.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 28 Jan 2004, 20:01

Dolph is a big star here because of Unisol and Shadown.
I'll confirm you that is here after i'm gonna get some photos with him.
I'll try to tape the next interview with him.
He's since 4 days here and he was already live on 2 tv stations.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 28 Jan 2004, 22:58

If you talk to him, send greetings from his fans from the best fan site on the web. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 29 Jan 2004, 12:13

Mosquito wrote:If you talk to him, send greetings from his fans from the best fan site on the web. ;-)

Of course :wink:
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Santee on 30 Jan 2004, 06:52

thats good........make sure to give Mr. Lundgren a lot of praise and compliments Krom.
Santee

Postby Jox on 30 Jan 2004, 20:07

Krom, there's 2 articles I found could translate them?

Adrian Mutu s-ar putea număra printre actorii filmului pe care Dolph Lundgren îl va realiza în România, cunoscutul actor american de origine suedeză aflîndu-se de cîteva zile la Bucureşti. Filmările vor începe în această primăvară, iar fotbalistul român, dacă va accepta propunerea, ar trebui să aibă un rol de terorist. Nu va fi o postură de actor principal, însă nici una de figuraţie.

Totul a plecat de la o discuţuie purtată de fotbalistul lui Chelsea cu cîţiva apropiaţi. "Mă atrage ideea să joc într-un film", ar fi recunoscut Mutu, care a fost recomandat lui Dolph Lundgren, ce va fi şi regizorul filmului. Filmările vor avea loc în mare parte în studiourile de la Buftea, special închiriate pentru acest proiect.

Contactat de Gazeta Sporturilor, "Briliantul" n-a părut însă prea convins. "De jucat joc destul, dar fotbal", a spus el. "Lucruri de genul ăsta s-au tot spus, dar nu e nimic adevărat. Cînd să am eu timp să mai fac şi filme", a încheiat atacantul român, aflat cu Chelsea în cantonament în Spania, la Murcia.

Alexandra are deja 3 filme

Dacă ar apărea în filmul lui Dolph Lundgren, Mutu ar călca astfel pe urmele fostei sale soţii, Alexandra, care are deja la activ cîteva pelicule. Fostă prezentatoare a emisiunii ProMotor, Alexandra a primit un rol în comedia "Garcea şi oltenii", cu care a debutat în lumea filmului. Ulterior ea a mai fost distribuită în alte două lung-metraje: "Examen" şi "Second Hand".

29 ianuarie 2004
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 Jan 2004, 20:17

artcle #2

Dolph Lundgren a sosit in Bucuresti pentru filmari
Jan 27, 2004 (Luana Mare - Libertatea)
Venit ieri in Romania pentru filmarile coproductiei romano-americane 'The Defender', Dolph Lundgren a fost primit cu sake si sushi in locul traditionalei paine cu sare.

Dupa ce gazdele sale au facut adevarate investigatii pentru a afla care sunt preferintele culinare ale actorului, i-au pregatit o masa cu cele mai fine mancaruri japoneze in club Space, din Bucuresti.

Dolph va fi cazat la Hotel Marriott din Capitala si va sta in Romania aproximativ doua luni, atat cat dureaza filmarile in studiourile Media Pro Pictures. Dolph detine rolul principal din 'The Defender' si va juca alaturi de actori romani ce vor fi alesi in urmatoarele doua saptamani. In acest scop se vor organiza la Buftea numeroase castinguri, filmul aflandu-se in prezent in stadiul de preproductie. De asemenea, actorul din 'Soldatul universal' si 'Rocky 4' semneaza si regia filmului.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 Jan 2004, 21:44

I can't read czech language but it doesn't seem that the movie he's doing (apparently called THE DEFENDER) is IT WAITS even with a new title.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Daan on 31 Jan 2004, 01:32

I can't read romanian, but I think the 1st article is about Dolph meeting Romanian/Chelsea starplayer (soccer) Adrian Mutu and that it's a movie about terrorists, Mutu says he likes Dolph and his movies (something about Mutu making prints or something, is that soccer player having a cameo in this??)
Daan

DOLPH IN ROMANIA UPDATE + TRANSLATIONS FOR 2 ARTICLES !!!!

Postby Krom on 31 Jan 2004, 20:40

Hi all,

Big news. This new movie - THE DEFENDER - looks like to be the biggest Dolph project in Years - Reasons:
1.He is the Director and the main character
2.Looks like to be a bigger budget that we think
3. Jerry Springer (the us big tv celeb) is here since today, at the same hotel with Dolph - Merriott - to film few scenes in Dolph's movie as the President of United States
4.Adrian Mutu is in it and let me tell you that is biggest romanian football player of all times (Hagi says that - that's for who knows european football)

Now the translation:
Article1:
Adrian Mutu (the most important romanian player and a very important international player) could be in the next Dolph Lundgren movie.If he'll accept to star it wil not be the main charcter, but neither a small one.He'll be a terrorist.
Everything came from a rumor inside a Chelsea reunion when Mutu says that he would like to play in a movie and the he was recomment it to Dolp.
The rest is about his ex wife that already played in 3 very big movies here.

Article 2:
Last friday Dolph hass been welcome in ROmania with suchi and shake instead the traditional welcome (very difficult to translate).
After the host search to find wich food Dolph's love they make a party with japanese foods in Space Club (the biggest techno-house club in Bucharest)
Dolph has been acomodate at the Mariott hotel i the capital and will stay in Romania aproximately 2 month (i can say that Dolph says eaxcatly 5 weeks) when it will shoot The Defender at Media Pro Pictures Studious.In the next 2 weeks will be the casting with few romanina actors (I can tell you that we have very good actors like Maja Morgesten wich is the lead character Maria in Mel Gibson's The passion of Christ and Marcel Iures who pl;ayes in Hart's war and Interview with a Vampire).
Ss the moie it's still in preproduction.The star of Rocky 4 and Unisol will direct this movie also.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

And it's not IT WAITS

Postby Krom on 31 Jan 2004, 20:43

It's not IT WAITS, but it's posisble that if The Defender will be successfull to came here to make IT WAITS too.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies