THE DEFENDER (Dolph Lundgren, 2004)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Tom on 26 Mar 2005, 12:12

I believe Mechanik is also filming in Russia as well, so at least that will be an interesting location.

The thing working in Dolph's favour is that he is the one with the most power on his film sets. Defender showed that as a director he can demand more time for fx set-ups etc. The excellent choreography of the action came because Dolph wanted it and got it. A key thing that holds back someone like Sidney Furie in these movies is that he has to toe the line with the studio and keep to a very rigid time scale, that is way there wasn't too much in the way of action fx like squibs in Direct Action, compared to Defender, the same goes for Detention, which was a higher budget. Tony Hickox was saying in his Jill Rops commentary how he was despensible and had to keep to a strcit time set-up, while if Dolph requested something in the film, it would be put in. Dolph as a director can get leniancy from the producers, more time on the action. Within reason he can do what he likes because he is selling the movie. Sideny Furie doesn't sell movies. I do hope that he doesn't get a poor crew to work with as Bulgaria have notoriously lazy crews. Fingers crosseed there is good time spent on the action, and I believe there will be a motorbike chase too. Thankfully Dolph has a good DP so it should make the locations look better.
Tom
Regular

Re:

Postby Krom on 26 Mar 2005, 14:31

Anyway, let's not go to off topic.
I'm so pleased with The Defender , it was filmed 99% in my country, most of the locations are familiar to me and the movie is Dolph's biggest step forward the last 10 years.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Krom on 27 Mar 2005, 22:52

I have it on 16/9 widescreen but 2.0 sound:)
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 27 Mar 2005, 23:34

which DVD version is it that you have Krom?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby carrie on 27 Mar 2005, 23:57

tom would you post a link to thai express please,im getting itchy fingers here, p.s is it easy enough to pay for the dvd???. thanks
carrie
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 28 Mar 2005, 18:31

I'm awaiting my package from Thailand. But before they shipped it they asked me via email if I still wanted it because it is 4:3 and not 16:9. They said that the distributor gave them wrong information about the format.

Very kind, I think. I told them that I still want it. Sounds that they are really quick. Hopefully, I'll receive it tomorrow!

carrie, the vendor is http://www.thaicdexpress.com. Just type "Defender" in the search field and you'll get the DVD's page.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby carrie on 29 Mar 2005, 16:58

thanks mosquito, i have tried to order it twice now and both times ive recieved mail back saying" connection error, please try again in 30 mins",
ive emailed them to see if or what the problem is so hopefuly i should find out soon. im not having much luck with ordering Dolphs films just lately, i ordered "retrograde" 3wks ago from moviethyme and they havent even mailed it yet, they say its out of stock but if cancel the order i dont get my money back as they deduct the cost from your card when the order is placed not shipped, all i will get is a credit note which i dont want as i wont be ordering from them EVER again.
carrie
Regular

Postby carrie on 31 Mar 2005, 00:31

Tom it sounds like you didnt have any problems ordering defender so how come i am??, at first all went well then i got a connection error message(twice), so i tried ordering again the next day and the same thing happend, then i got a message saying "zip code error", so im pretty pissed off at the moment,can you clear something up for me, is a zip code the same thing as our u.k post code? i think it is but for some reason the thai site wont except my postcode-it did the first time but not the second time, not to be put off i emailed them and asked if i could order over the phone, they sent me there number , i phoned(3 times)but all i kept getting was a bt 1571 message(do they have BT in thailand??? :shock: )i even got up early to phone them as they are 7hrs in front. anyway im just waffling on now,thanks for listening-or not-.
:(
carrie
Regular

Postby Jox on 31 Mar 2005, 01:48

that's odd, I didn't have any troubles to make my order...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby carrie on 31 Mar 2005, 02:44

when it comes to ordering Dolphs films im well and truely JINXED, ive just come to the conclusion that if i didnt have bad luck i would have no luck at all. :cry: :cry:
carrie
Regular

Re: I have seen Defender! In Spanish anyway!

Postby Krom on 31 Mar 2005, 03:15

Thank you for your realistic toughts about Romania and everything realted to The Defender ;)
A note to everyone who've seen or who'll see this movie. I said in that day when i put online the first video file that the makeup for this movie has been done by Romanians, look deep and you'll see that this is Dolph's movie since Universal Soldier when the makeup it's so realistic, like Dolph's scarface;)
Last edited by Krom on 01 Apr 2005, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Tom on 31 Mar 2005, 15:13

They told me to make sure I pute U.K, instead of England. I had the same problem at first bnut when I changed it it went through okay. Hope that helps.
Tom
Regular

Postby carrie on 31 Mar 2005, 15:27

:D WAHOOOOOOO, THANK YOU THANKYOU THANK YOU AND AGAIN THANK YOU,ITS ON ITS WAY, THOSE THAIS(I JUST LOVE EM) HAVE MADE ME A VERY HAPPY WOMEN. AND NO PERSONEL FAVOURS!!!! WERE EXCHANGED :wink:
OOOH I HOPE THEY MAIL ME THE RIGHT MOVIE- (NOTE TO SELF)SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.SORRY GUYS IM EVEN BORING MYSELF NOW, I FEEL GOOD NANANANANANANA. I KNEW THAT I WOULD XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
carrie
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 01 Apr 2005, 15:30

Krom, can you tell us why you used a full quote for Tom's text? That's just a waste of space and bandwidth.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 02 Apr 2005, 12:45

I ordered "The Defender" DVD from a website called ethaicd.com. The total with shipping was $22.50. I live in California and ordered it from the Thai site Monday evening. Fed Ex delivered the disc on Thursday morning. This was only one transaction but I'd say they are a good source.
Moltisanti
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies