THE DEFENDER (Dolph Lundgren, 2004)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

DOLPH IN ROMANIA UPDATE + TRANSLATIONS FOR 2 ARTICLES !!!!

Postby Krom on 31 Jan 2004, 20:44

Big news. This new movie - THE DEFENDER - looks like to be the biggest Dolph project in Years - Reasons:
1.He is the Director and the main character
2.Looks like to be a bigger budget that we think
3. Jerry Springer (the us big tv celeb) is here since today, at the same hotel with Dolph - Merriott - to film few scenes in Dolph's movie as the President of United States
4.Adrian Mutu seems to be in it and let me tell you that is the biggest romanian football player of all times (Hagi says that - that's for who knows european football) and a sex simbol in uk.

Now the translation:
Article1:
"Adrian Mutu (the most important romanian player and a very important international player) could be in the next Dolph Lundgren movie.If he'll accept to star it wil not be the main charcter, but neither a small one.It'll be a terrorist.
Everything came from a rumor inside a Chelsea reunion when Mutu says that he would like to play in a movie and the he was recomment it to Dolph.
The rest is about his exwife that already played in 3 very big movies here."

Article 2:
"Last friday Dolph hass been welcome in Romania with sushi and shake instead the traditional welcome (very difficult to translate this romania food).
After the hosts search to find wich food Dolph's love they make a party with japanese foods in Space Club (the biggest techno-house + restaurant club in Bucharest)
Dolph has been acommodate at the Mariott hotel in the capital and will stay in Romania aproximately 2 month (i can say that Dolph says exactly 5 weeks) while will shoot The Defender at Media Pro Pictures Studios.In the next 2 weeks will be the casting with few romanina actors (I can tell you that we have very good actors like Maja Morgesten wich is the lead character Maria in Mel Gibson's The passion of Christ and Marcel Iures who played in Hart's War and Interview with a Vampire and more).
So the movie it's still in preproduction.The star of Rocky 4 and Unisol will direct this movie also."
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 31 Jan 2004, 21:55

Is THE DEFENDER co-produced by Bauer Martinez Studios too?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 31 Jan 2004, 21:58

Thank you for your help Krom!
But how do you know it's a bigger budget than the other recent Dolph movies? (Romania must have been chosen as location because it would cost cheapper)
And if the movie's still in pre-production and casting process I don't think Jerry Springer's already shooting his scenes...?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 31 Jan 2004, 22:32

good new !!! but i wish to know a little more about this project !!! maybe Dolph will talk about his on his website !!!
bomaz

Postby Krom on 01 Feb 2004, 01:25

Jox wrote:Thank you for your help Krom!
But how do you know it's a bigger budget than the other recent Dolph movies? (Romania must have been chosen as location because it would cost cheapper)
And if the movie's still in pre-production and casting process I don't think Jerry Springer's already shooting his scenes...?

The article said that the movie it's still in preproduction because of the casting.
Jerry Springer has been interviewed and HE said that WILL shoot some scenes for this movie in the next couple of days(weeks).
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Krom on 01 Feb 2004, 01:29

Jox wrote:Is THE DEFENDER co-produced by Bauer Martinez Studios too?

Bauer Martinez is the producer.Medi Pro are co-producers.
Bauer Martinez it's already finish a film with Armand Assante and Jerry Springer.So they are familiarized with Jerry :)
Same company - Bauer Martinez it's working now on the biggest Van Damme project in years - Wake Of Death - over $ 25-30 mil budget.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Krom on 01 Feb 2004, 01:31

Jox wrote:Thank you for your help Krom!

Dolph did not choose Romania.Media Pro Pictures choose Dolph.That's what Dolph said and Media Pro Studios are the biggest and modern stusious in eastern europe and are not cheap at all:)
Oh..by the way..Dolph said that he choose his wife for marriage when he was drunk.He talk alot about drinks and that in free time he love to train and to drink also. :twisted:
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 01 Feb 2004, 13:12

will stay in Romania aproximately 2 month (i can say that Dolph says exactly 5 weeks)

maybe that's 5 weeks to shoot plus pre-production makes it two months
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 02 Feb 2004, 02:16

Jox wrote:
will stay in Romania aproximately 2 month (i can say that Dolph says exactly 5 weeks)

maybe that's 5 weeks to shoot plus pre-production makes it two months

Maybe.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Another new Article

Postby Darling on 03 Feb 2004, 13:01

Hi,here another Article about Dolph in Romania.Can someone translate?

http://romania-international.com/portal ... storyid=66
Darling
Regular

Postby Darling on 03 Feb 2004, 13:19

Here again another Article.Please can someone translate.

http://www.gardinul.ro/articol.php?a=me ... 020203.xml
Darling
Regular

Postby Darling on 03 Feb 2004, 13:27

Hi me again,the side which Igave you do not work.So try this.

http://www.gardianul.ro/toatestirile.php

Then search for Dolph Lundgren
Darling
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Feb 2004, 14:45

Thanks Darling!
Apparently those articles just tell that Jerry Springer will play the US president in The Defender that Dolph will star in and direct in Romania.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Feb 2004, 23:32

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 04 Feb 2004, 11:13

Jox wrote:Thanks Darling!
Apparently those articles just tell that Jerry Springer will play the US president in The Defender that Dolph will star in and direct in Romania.

All those articles are translated exactly what you say here and what i says before.
I've talked with someone from Media Pro and Pictures comming soon.
Anyway i see that some of you did'nt trust what i say before...
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies