THE LAST PATROL / THE LAST WARRIOR (Sheldon Lettich, 1999)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE LAST PATROL / THE LAST WARRIOR

Postby leigh1975 on 27 May 2009, 23:22

After the successful release of their Men Of War, Anchor Bay release are to release The Last Patrol in July, with several sources claiming it has an anamorphic widescreen transfer;

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/10035090 ... oduct.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h ... &x=15&y=17

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/dvd/dvd.php?CO=ABD4804

Not the greatest news in the world, but it seems Anhcor Bay are on to Dolph at the moment, so here's hoping we see Joshua Tree soon...
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 27 May 2009, 23:29

Curious choice indeed, I was about to say what about JOSHUA TREE (same UK distributor initially) in anamorphic?!

A widescreen version of THE LAST PATROL is already available on the French, German and Spanish editions.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 27 May 2009, 23:44

I'd enquire about Joshua Tree, but AB have changed their site steup, and I don't know how to contact their press office any more. :(
leigh1975

The Last Patrol re-release in UK

Postby Nathan on 15 Jun 2009, 20:58

Same cover but now it's Anchor Bay...

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... atrol.html
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Re: THE LAST PATROL / The Last Warrior

Postby Lennert on 01 Jul 2009, 12:42

I actually didn't think The Last Patrol was that bad. I liked it a lot better than Retrograde and slightly better than Diamond Dogs and Direct Action. There was a lack of real action, some actors were awfull (that Candy girl for example) and the script didn't make any sense, but I thought the directing was pretty solid, Dolph had a good character and the scenery was beautiful. I could have been a lot better, but I wouldn't say it is a bad movie.
Lennert

Postby evegotbet on 02 Jul 2009, 05:11

No not at all. The "Last Warrior" i liked. u get a chance to see Dolph, interact with different characters that u wouldn't otherwise see in other scripts. it just targets a different audience, but i tell u, one person might see it as cheesy, another like myself saw it as eye opening. i liked it.
evegotbet

Postby Jox on 14 Jul 2009, 02:20

Incredible they make it as if TLP was not released in the UK before...
http://www.thedetour.co.uk/latest-compe ... tition.htm
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 14 Jul 2009, 17:53

Jox wrote:Incredible they make it as if TLP was not released in the UK before...
http://www.thedetour.co.uk/latest-compe ... tition.htm

:lol:
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 28 Aug 2009, 21:02

To confirm, I bought this, and yes it's anamorphic, but is still 2.0 sound (then again, they all are) and is missing the making of and trailer of the out of print Prism UK DVD. At least it doesn't have forced subs like my old French edition. What a Dolph film to own 3 editions of! To be fair, I like it a little better now than I did before, it's Dolph's only really quirky ensemble film (Johnny Mnemonic wasn't really his film in the international version), and as such is interesting.
leigh1975

Postby Pajo103.8 on 23 Sep 2009, 21:41

quite possibly the worst movie ever I read somewhere the budget was 6 million so im assuming Dolph got 5 of that he deserved a lot more for putting his name on that dreadful movie
Pajo103.8

Postby Jox on 23 Sep 2009, 21:54

According to Sheldon Lettich the budget was way less than 6 million (closer to 3 or 4) and at some point they didn't even have enough money to finish the picture during post-production, so Nu Image's Avi Lerner, who had seen and liked some footage, came in and put some money in it.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Pajo103.8 on 24 Sep 2009, 15:35

It really is a terrible movie when I logged of last nite I turned on the TV and to my horror The Last Patrol was on its even worse then I remember the whole thing is a confusing mess which shud of never been made Dolph must of being having a tough time getting work when he agreed 2 make that movie
Pajo103.8

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2009, 15:42

When Dolph signed on, both he and director Lettich (whom he probably trusted from having made two of the most successful VD movies LIONHEART and DOUBLE IMPACT) had an agreement from producer Jacob Kotzky (COVER-UP) that could re-write the script, but that was without counting that the writers (with TV background) were also co-producers and didn't let one word to be changed.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 24 Sep 2009, 22:53

Jox wrote:but that was without counting that the writers (with TV background) were also co-producers and didn't let one word to be changed.

Well I hope they were so shamed by their work that they changed the profession afterwards.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 24 Sep 2009, 23:45

The movie doesn't even look anywhere near 3 million dollars, it's pathetic in every sense of the word, apart from Dolph's never-ending enthusiasm for everything. If they have to re-release this in the UK, it should be with as little noise as possible, it's embarassing Dolph being associated with shit like this when Command Performance is due out.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies