THE LAST PATROL / THE LAST WARRIOR (Sheldon Lettich, 1999)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE LAST PATROL / The Last Warrior (Sheldon Lettich, 199

Postby Jox on 27 Dec 2016, 01:00

Trivia:
Female lead Sherri Alexander (McBride) married the late writer Michael Crichton (of JURASSIC PARK, 13TH WARRIOR, RISING SUN fame).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Scifibuff5 on 01 Jun 2017, 19:01

That is wild trivia indeed. This film is a mess but I don't find it unwatchable. I can see why some consider it rather worthless and dull but I also think that it's sort of fun in a Cyborg/Bridge of Dragons kind of way. Main issue is near the beginning how half the archive footage doesn't match up due to different camera speeds and resolution. :lol:

There are some solid fights near the end and Dolph knows how to fling a grenade.
"No, I haven't seen any of [the new 'Punisher' movies]," - Dolph in 2009 MTV News Interview
Scifibuff5

THE LAST PATROL / The Last Warrior (Sheldon Lettich, 1999)

Postby marilynliddell on 25 Jun 2018, 11:11

I think this film is really awful dolph acting is holding the film the plot was good but it was used terribly.The milkman bit really annoyed me.i know a massive earthquake has occured but how did a band of weirdos all end up at the base.Where did all the prison officers go and the army base there has to be more than 1 soldier there.The action scenes are scarce and when there shown there brutal also the singing choir is stupid.the coloured women acting is terrible shes all happy than in a second shes nearly in tears saying<a change is coming i feel it>I know some dolphs fans like it but its my least favorite dolph movie i really dont like this movie at all.
marilynliddell

Postby Jox on 31 Aug 2018, 21:17

In-depth career interview with Sheldon Lettich:
http://pappaalskarfilm.blogg.se/2018/au ... ttich.html

In 2000, you made The Last Patrol with my fellow countryman Dolph Lundgren. Does he live up to the nickname he's been given as 'The friendly giant'?
He was friendly and intelligent and always a gentleman. A real pleasure to work with.

Swedes are known for having a hard work ethic and always being on time. Did you find those qualities in Dolph when making this movie?
Absolutely. He always showed up on time, had all of his lines memorized, and spoke English like he had been born in America.

It's one of only three movies you directed, but didn't write yourself. Do you find it harder to direct movies you haven't also written?
In almost every case, the movies I’ve written have turned out to be better movies. I thought the script for The Last Patrol was mediocre, but I wasn’t allowed to make any changes to it. Although there are aspects of it that I like, of all the movies I’ve been involved with it’s my least favorite.
Jox
Site Admin

THE LAST PATROL / The Last Warrior (Sheldon Lettich, 1999)

Postby savagesketch on 23 Apr 2019, 06:45

Latest episode has arrived, this time discussing the bizarre post-apocalyptic action (comedy?), THE LAST WARRIOR! On this episode, David Rosen from the Piecing It Together podcast joins me as we try to make sense of this wild film from the latter part of the '90's!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... st-patrol/

Please feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe! Enjoy!!!
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 25 Apr 2019, 12:50

It was not exactly produced by Nu Image but by the COVER-UP producer Jacob Kotzky and a German company called Silverline Pictures. Avi Lerner / Nu Image came in to the rescue during post-production to complete the picture.

From my interview with Sheldon Lettich (2007):
To make a long story short, by the time we were in post-production, Kotzky was out of money. Desperate, he asked his old friend, Avi Lerner, to drop by our editing room in Jaffa to take a look at the rough cut. Avi apparently liked what he saw, knew he could sell it, and subsequently came to Kotzky’s rescue and took over the film. That’s why it was mixed at Avi’s sound facility in Los Angeles (Ground Control), and that’s why you see the Nu Image logo at the beginning of the movie.

(Note: only on the US version you see Nu Image's logo, it's not on any of the previously released international editions I own)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 29 Apr 2019, 18:32

I know fatigues almost look the same but it's funny Sheldon Lettich dressed up both JC and Dolph the same way, in similar desert environments

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 01 May 2019, 16:45

savagesketch wrote:Latest episode has arrived, this time discussing the bizarre post-apocalyptic action (comedy?), THE LAST WARRIOR! On this episode, David Rosen from the Piecing It Together podcast joins me as we try to make sense of this wild film from the latter part of the '90's!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... st-patrol/

Please feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe! Enjoy!!!

Hey cool, the audio quality is much better than that of the first episodes of the podcast. Excellent!
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 02 May 2019, 05:55

Mosquito wrote:Hey cool, the audio quality is much better than that of the first episodes of the podcast. Excellent!

Hey, thanks! At about ARMY OF ONE, I started using a new recording program, which has made a huge difference! It’s funny... going in chronological order of Dolph’s films, the shows sound better, and the quality of his films are declining... :lol: Currently in the dark ages... Thankfully, we have a return to form with DIRECT ACTION and THE DEFENDER on the horizon!
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 20 Jun 2019, 16:41

TV spot for Cinelatino network

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Jul 2019, 20:26

I hope everybody in Los Angeles is safe after yesterday's earthquake.

The filming of THE LAST PATROL wrapped 20 years ago around the end of June...

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Mar 2021, 18:29

Director Sheldon Lettich talks about working with Dolph and THE LAST PATROL at 24:06

Jox
Site Admin

Postby lhz on 05 Mar 2022, 01:41

I was planning to re-watch THE LAST PATROL soon in HD. I possess only the German LAST WARRIOR re-titled edition. Is anyone know if the Australian release from the folk of UMBRELLA ENTERTAINMENT got the same transfer than the German one or is it different ?
Does the Australian edition got the English or English SDH subs ?
lhz

Postby Jox on 05 Mar 2022, 15:30

I have to check (I have both).
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies