THE LAST PATROL / THE LAST WARRIOR (Sheldon Lettich, 1999)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE LAST PATROL / The Last Warrior

Postby Jox on 25 Sep 2009, 00:18

Nathan wrote: If they have to re-release this in the UK,

I have no idea why but Anchor Bay just did it this summer following the way more respectable MEN OF WAR :?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 25 Sep 2009, 00:20

Men of War is the kinda movie that should be pushed out there, I remember The Defender, when it was eventually released getting a good release over here. Men of War was in the UK top 40 dvds too, I hope Last Patrol doesn't come close to the visibility of the dvd charts.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 28 Sep 2009, 07:19

I really miss the roles Dolph played as a soldier in some of his movies, i mean we haven't seen Dolph in a war movie since The Last Patrol, but this movie is not even considered a war movie since Dolph does not fire one single shot with his, pistol or machine gun.

Do you guys think we will ever see Dolph in another War movie, it's been 10 years now, since he made one, is it because he thinks he is getting older or is it because the budgets are too small?
Warchild
Regular

Postby Travis on 30 Sep 2009, 09:20

Lionsgate posted the entire movie on youtube.

Out of all the Dolph movies to choose from they posted his worst film.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 30 Sep 2009, 09:41

If you're gonna make a movie available for free let it be a bad one, that's no surprise to me.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 30 Sep 2009, 22:47

Gosh but that's such a bad promo... I mean, why don't they just bury it in their archives? *sigh* :roll:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 01 Oct 2009, 00:27

Mosquito wrote:Gosh but that's such a bad promo... I mean, why don't they just bury it in their archives? *sigh* :roll:

Exactly, I wish this "movie" would just go away. AND LEAVE DOLPH ALONE!!! *crying*

(that was a Chris Crocker reference) (high five?)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 01 Oct 2009, 01:35

Travis wrote:
Out of all the Dolph movies to choose from they posted his worst film.

you guys have to remember that the world's audience doesn't just consist of those who think this movie was horrible. it consists also of those who think "The Last Warrior" was great. i loved that movie. i have no idea why the bad comments. ultimately it doesn't matter. they r just opinions. i just wish u guys wouldn't come down so hard on Dolph. i loved that movie. :o .

Jox wrote:If you're gonna make a movie available for free let it be a bad one, that's no surprise to me.

i don't think it was a bad movie. i thought it was great. it has a different pace to it, that's it :o .

Mosquito wrote: I mean, why don't they just bury it in their archives? *sigh* :roll:

no, no, no, it was a good movie :o .

Mosquito wrote: I mean, why don't they just bury it in their archives? *sigh* :roll:

no, no, no, it was a good movie :o .
evegotbet

Postby Jox on 01 Oct 2009, 12:40

evegotbet wrote:you guys have to remember that the world's audience doesn't just consist of those who think this movie was horrible. it consists also of those who think "The Last Warrior" was great.

That is fine, and I am one of the few who can find it some redeeming qualities. But you have to bear in mind and accept that it is generally considered a bad movie, first and foremost by Mr Lettich the director himself and even though I have never discussed this title with him I'm pretty sure Dolph feels the same (as he did with the script, that he initially demanded to be changed and improved). But don't let that keep you from loving the movie! Regarding Lionsgate making it available online for free well they don't have anything to loose taking a title that're not gonna make any money from anymore and can only be found in bargain bins so...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 01 Oct 2009, 14:14

I hate The Last Patrol passionately. I actually get embarrassed watching it. Dolph is a huge hero of mine and when he churns out that kind of INCREDIBLY shitty film I get depressed. How can you, so completely, loose control over a project? It's damaging to The Big Guys credibility as an action star when he stars in such utter crapola.

Here's to Dolph never loosing control over his career again! I'll drink to that! (and I am)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 01 Oct 2009, 23:31

Jox wrote:
that it is generally considered a bad movie, first and foremost by Mr Lettich the director himself and I'm pretty sure Dolph feels the same But don't let that keep you from loving the movie!

well, i don't know, Dolph was so cute in that movie. Cuter than the word "cute" describes.
evegotbet

Postby evegotbet on 01 Oct 2009, 23:35

dolphage wrote:I hate The Last Patrol passionately. I actually get embarrassed watching it. Dolph is a huge hero of mine and when he churns out that kind of INCREDIBLY shitty film I get depressed. How can you, so completely, loose control over a project? It's damaging to The Big Guys credibility as an action star when he stars in such utter crapola.

Here's to Dolph never loosing control over his career again! I'll drink to that! (and I am)

that's just sooo funny. that's what makes Dolph so cute, that he can pretty much interact with anybody. but yes i understand where everybody is coming from. i'll still like it always.
evegotbet

Postby Warchild on 02 Oct 2009, 12:08

i actually like Dolph in this movie, i think if Dolph actually did alot of whoop ass in the last warrior, people would be talking different, about this movie.
Warchild
Regular

Re: THE LAST PATROL / The Last Warrior (1999)

Postby Scorpio on 11 May 2010, 17:00

Spanish Trailer
Scorpio

Re: THE LAST PATROL / The Last Warrior (1999)

Postby Jox on 22 Jun 2010, 13:52

A more classy cover treatment for the Anchor Bay UK edition
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies